Judge in Houston rules Watson can be questioned under oath by first 9 accusers

section314

45 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Going to be interesting to see if a team is willing to give up the boat load of compensation for Watson when they will have to face the backlash and possible suspension/criminal charges. 

This is a perfect time for him and if he goes to the right team, it will be praised. Obviously pending his charges. It is already being talked about like teams should be giving up their first born to trade for him.

17 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

22 civil cases. 

The judge cleared the the path for depositions from nine in this instance.*

*Not meant to be an endorsement of Watson. Just prepping myself for his skating through this and enjoying a fruitful career with the Dolphins, which will be something. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Justice deferred is justice denied.

This entire issue has lingered on for FAR too long.

The entire justice system needs to get off it's ass and handle this, one way or the other.  

And this comment isn't limited to this case alone, everything in our system takes vastly far too long to get done.

Bad for victims, bad for defendants, bad for society as a whole.

/offsoapbox

Agree with you. One point, though. The system nationwide is severely lacking enough judges on various circuits, chiefly due to the usual suspect, politics. You are right, though, it moves at a snail's pace.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The judge cleared the the path for depositions from nine in this instance.*

*Not meant to be an endorsement of Watson. Just prepping myself for his skating through this and enjoying a fruitful career with the Dolphins, which will be something. 

Yeah for 9 of the 22. They’re all still pending. The reason they know about the date for criminal charges was so Watson’s attorney would give up on this sh*t already.

28 minutes ago, rangerous said:

seems like this is now becoming a circus more than a trial.  do these women really want justice or do they just want to see him squirm under the hot lights?

Allowing a Plaintiff to depose the Defendant before trial is standard practice in Civil Trials. The only question was the timing of the depositions with a criminal investigation still pending. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yeah for 9 of the 22. They’re all still pending. The reason they know about the date for criminal charges was so Watson’s attorney would give up on this sh*t already.

In your opinion is Watson back in this godforsaken league by October or not? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, section314 said:

Agree with you. One point, though. The system nationwide is severely lacking enough judges on various circuits, chiefly due to the usual suspect, politics. You are right, though, it moves at a snail's pace.

The United States is the richest country in the world.

There is no excuse for "not having enough" of anything to do it properly.

If we're going to have a public system of anything, then do it right.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The United States is the richest country in the world.

There is no excuse for "not having enough" of anything to do it properly.

If we're going to have a public system of anything, then do it right.

I’m an attorney in NJ. I can’t speak for any other state, but NJ has had a shortage of judges for a while, mostly due to politics.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

seems like this is now becoming a circus more than a trial.  do these women really want justice or do they just want to see him squirm under the hot lights?

I don;t get the angle you are coming at here.  Until you get testimony under the law then everything is simply he said she said.

Also is squirming under the lights not justice to some extent?

Also more than anything this is leverage for a settlement I would think by lawyers.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't think so for a number of reasons, but you never really know with Goodell and this stuff.

Tend to agree. The NFL has a way of protecting their own. It will take an extraordinary judge to stop all the usual BS that happens in these type of celebrity trials and really insist that the facts are discovered. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Nine civil cases. The big news here is that Hardin believes they’ll have a resolution by April 1st as to whether or not any criminal charges will be filed against Watson. 

"Pig Ben got away with worst. Mr. "Happy Ending" will settle".- Robert Kraft