DL Freedom Akinmoladun Going To USFL

jetsrule128

I looked over the names of players drafted and have to admit I never heard of 95% of them. You’d figure more players of name would have been available at least as a showcase for their talents. A number of players in the Alliance and XFL made NFL rosters. Btw as a side note for some of our younger fans I went to a few Generals games at Giants Stadium and remember driving up to Boston to see the Gens vs the Boston Breakers in 1983. https://www.usflsite.com/usflgame.php?game_id=104 I think this was the game. The next day July 4, 1983 Dave Righetti no hit the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I looked over the names of players drafted and have to admit I never heard of 95% of them. You’d figure more players of name would have been available at least as a showcase for their talents. A number of players in the Alliance and XFL made NFL rosters. Btw as a side note for some of our younger fans I went to a few Generals games at Giants Stadium and remember driving up to Boston to see the Gens vs the Boston Breakers in 1983. 

Of all of the spring leagues that have come and gone over the years, the original USFL came the closest to truly succeeding (although I think XFL 2.0 could have survived if not for COVID).

I'm not sure who is behind this new version, but they're trying a few things that are interesting.