Zach Wilson going to Miami to workout…. with Braxton Berrios?

jetstream23

I'll go on record to saying this: I am comfortable with those three as my starters.  In fact, I think our starting WR core is 3/4 done, and JD has done a great job in 2 years getting us from what our starting WR core was just two years before he got here: Robbie Anderson, Charone Peake, Jermaine Kearse, and Deontay Burnett.

BUT....

We still need a true #1, and we need some depth.  So, depth can happen every year with a one-year signing and with the draft in later rounds.  But where do we find a #1?  Do we honestly think one of the top guys can be that in the draft?  Do we sign someone like Amari Cooper?  Do we trade for Jerry Jeudy (if available)?  Tune in and find out!

• Upvote 3

I'm more interested in who else will be at the workout.  Generally its never just a few dudes, im sure they'll link up with guys from other teams down there too who are training.  This happens alot especially if any of their trainers are getting involved. 

Moore works with Tevin Allen of gold feet global i know that which wouldnt surprise me if he was there helping all of the guys.  I dont know if davis or berrios work with anyone but it wouldnt shock me if they got a few sessions in with him.  Last year the guys worked down there with the guy Everrett (Route God) and he was running routes with them going through workouts.  Florida is one of the better spots for training in the offseason not only because of the weather but most of the top WR trainers are down there, so as a QB you can always find top flight guys to throw to.  Brandon White who right now may be training the biggest collection of stars in the NFL at the WR position (hill, diggs, jefferson, waddle to name a few) does most of his big time clients down in Florida and then sometimes in Cali even though he has spots in a few states. 

Happy to see the guys getting together and hopefully they can work with some other vets to get even better and maybe even recruit some guys. 

23 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Gentleman and WestCoastTroll, 

It’s going to be a long off-season.  Funny stuff, but don’t complain when Zach is awesome and you become the @BornJetsFan1983 of the topic.  

Hey there Pal

I don't tell people how to respond to my post. I hear the people who live an isolated life in the hinter land have a tough time dealing with being the butt end of humor. You have to develop a thicker skin if you ever expect to run with Native New Yorkers

5 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Hey there Pal

I don't tell people how to respond to my post. I hear the people who live an isolated life in the hinter land have a tough time dealing with being the butt end of humor. You have to develop a thicker skin if you ever expect to run with Native New Yorkers

23541F57-E5D1-45F2-94E7-CEC1DAF9A159.gif

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I'm more interested in who else will be at the workout.  Generally its never just a few dudes, im sure they'll link up with guys from other teams down there too who are training.  This happens alot especially if any of their trainers are getting involved. 

Moore works with Tevin Allen of gold feet global i know that which wouldnt surprise me if he was there helping all of the guys.  I dont know if davis or berrios work with anyone but it wouldnt shock me if they got a few sessions in with him.  Last year the guys worked down there with the guy Everrett (Route God) and he was running routes with them going through workouts.  Florida is one of the better spots for training in the offseason not only because of the weather but most of the top WR trainers are down there, so as a QB you can always find top flight guys to throw to.  Brandon White who right now may be training the biggest collection of stars in the NFL at the WR position (hill, diggs, jefferson, waddle to name a few) does most of his big time clients down in Florida and then sometimes in Cali even though he has spots in a few states. 

Happy to see the guys getting together and hopefully they can work with some other vets to get even better and maybe even recruit some guys. 

The tax implications mean it makes way more sense to run that kind of business in Florida than California. Surprised I don't hear about more in Texas, but I haven't checked that stuff in years. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

The tax implications mman it makes way more sense to run that kind of business in Florida than California. Surprised I don't hear about more in Texas, but I haven't checked that stuff in years. 

im sure a lot of it is cash.  They definitely have set rates online, but im almost positive a lot of the bigger name guys pay mostly cash or a low rate on the books then make up the difference in cash

23 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Berrios is also from there, played college down there, so there's that as well. 

Plus, like you said, Florida is a great place this time of year to be outside and train.

41 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Berrios is also from there, played college down there, so there's that as well. 

Plus, like you said, Florida is a great place this time of year to be outside and train.

Yea berrios is a big miami guy no surprise he joined in. 

Weather even aside which is fantastic, theres just so many guys down there this time of year its great networking and recruiting.  You never know if a fa WR is down there working and sees Zach and hops in on the session and falls in love

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Hey there Pal

You seem soft and sensitive.  You must moisturize? 

On 2/24/2022 at 12:11 PM, CanadaSteve said:

I'll go on record to saying this: I am comfortable with those three as my starters.  In fact, I think our starting WR core is 3/4 done, and JD has done a great job in 2 years getting us from what our starting WR core was just two years before he got here: Robbie Anderson, Charone Peake, Jermaine Kearse, and Deontay Burnett.

BUT....

We still need a true #1, and we need some depth.  So, depth can happen every year with a one-year signing and with the draft in later rounds.  But where do we find a #1?  Do we honestly think one of the top guys can be that in the draft?  Do we sign someone like Amari Cooper?  Do we trade for Jerry Jeudy (if available)?  Tune in and find out!

Those 3 definitely proved they are a fine trio of WRs, but in the modern NFL you need studs. The Bengals had Tee Higgins and Boyd with Mixon in the backfield. They went into last years draft and took Chase. 

And don't sleep on Moore becoming a true #1. This isn't 1995. Smallish WRs can be  #1s. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Those 3 definitely proved they are a fine trio of WRs, but in the modern NFL you need studs. The Bengals had Tee Higgins and Boyd with Mixon in the backfield. They went into last years draft and took Chase. 

And don't sleep on Moore becoming a true #1. This isn't 1995. Smallish WRs can be  #1s. 

Yes, as long as they can stay on the field. 

On 2/24/2022 at 11:40 AM, bitonti said:

It's kind of less than ideal that berrios is not under contract. Building chemistry with Wilson, for what? Is it a ploy to get jd back to the negotiating table? Because that dude is probably on another team in less than a month. 

Of course pointing this out makes me less of a Jets fan. I wonder what team I'm really a fan of? Hmmm 

So that’s what you took out of my post about Zach Wilson, the quartnack of our NY Jets, working out in the off-season with NFL WRs. 

Well done. Lol. 

If you sh*t on reports of Zach Wilson, the quarterback of our NY Jets working out with NFL players in the off-season, then you’re not a Jet fan.

No idea what a team you are a fan of. 

Not the Jets. 

Nothing to do with Berrios. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/24/2022 at 10:40 AM, bitonti said:

It's kind of less than ideal that berrios is not under contract. Building chemistry with Wilson, for what? Is it a ploy to get jd back to the negotiating table? Because that dude is probably on another team in less than a month. 

Of course pointing this out makes me less of a Jets fan. I wonder what team I'm really a fan of? Hmmm 

This is a Job for Nicky Mangold and Brandon Marshall

On 2/24/2022 at 11:40 AM, bitonti said:

It could also mean there is enough going on with the contract negotiations in a positive way that he feels comfortable it will get done.  I GET IT!  It's tough having a positive outlook on things :)

i don't know.  i'm not a real fan of these player managed off season workouts.  i wish the nflpa and the owners would just get together on the nfl being a 365/24/7 activity and players should be working out throughout the year in the team's facilities with the team coaches.   
Never understood the concept of it not being a year round job .. like any other occupation. These are grown men.
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...