jvill 51

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Stark and Jville care and my Muffin Top game me rep for my low round.  I didnt even start the conversation, you bozos.  Stark tagged me about golf.  Just so happened I just shot my all-time low yesterday and I was excited about it.  

And to compare golf to fantasy football?  You ****tard, I have to hit the shot, not just pick a guy who's going to do things on a Football field that equates to points.  ITS ME!!!!!!!!!!

In other words; eat my dick. 

I read anything you type you do that makes you happy. Just like you watch every vid I send to you of me eating naked. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

It's so ******* addicting.  As much as I love surfing, there is something about golf right now that has me completely consumed.   

You sound like you're where I was at with my game before I started to get serious about shooting low and commit to being good.  I actually started do this thing called, practice. lol  It's amazing what practice does for your game and now I actually enjoy the grind of practicing.  If you're at the point in your game where you're battling to break 90, you can be a mid to low 80's shooter with some dedication to the range and a chipping green.  And if you're breaking 90 consistently, you're a good player.  Straight up, you're probably in the top 15% of the people who play if you're shoot -18 or better. 

Like the guy we got paired with yesterday.  Hit the ball a mile. Consistently 40 yards further than me off the tee.  Hitting a 9 while I have a 7 and he had game from distance but the second he got around the green, all hell would break lose.  If this dude could chip and putt, he'd have shot in the low 80's but he was a mess.  Flubbing and sculling chips, 3 putts galore and you could tell, he's the guy that goes to the driving range but never goes to the chipping and putting greens.   He probably shot a 90+ but absolutely shouldnt have with his ball striking ability. 

Long story short, if you want to be good at golf, you have to put in a lot of time practicing and not just smacking balls as far as you can.  The number of golfers who hit it longer than me is endless and I'm sure it feels good out driving me every hole but when the score hits the card, nobody knows I hit and 8 when you had a PW.   My short game was my nemesis when I first started, now?  I'm deadly.   I played this really fun 12 hole par 3, no shot longer than 110 w/ a buddy who is -3.  Hits it much longer, better ball striker but put me in or around 100 and I beat him out right by 2 strokes and I'm a -11.  

Yes, addicted 

Yeah over the past couple of years I’ve finally had the time to go out and play and get better and seeing the handicap go lower and lower is truly addicting. Im only like 230-250 with the driver when I really should be about 250-270 with my iron distances, so I do want to get that figured out but my main focus this year is for sure going to be on short game/eliminating three putts. I want any wedge in to be automatic, and any chip and pitch to give me a realistic chance to go up and down. Distance doesn’t mean as much if you can’t convert it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Stark and Jville care and my Muffin Top game me rep for my low round.  I didnt even start the conversation, you bozos.  Stark tagged me about golf.  Just so happened I just shot my all-time low yesterday and I was excited about it.  

And to compare golf to fantasy football?  You ****tard, I have to hit the shot, not just pick a guy who's going to do things on a Football field that equates to points.  ITS ME!!!!!!!!!!

In other words; eat my dick. 

tl;dr

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stark said:

unfortunately this trip is for the boys. and as much as I would love to bail for half a day, my wife would kill me... literally. this is going to be the twins second trip, but first where they are capable of running free. I will basically be on super life guard duty most the week.

if we were coming down without the kids I would absolutely let you laugh at my 90-95 scoring rd while I have a few beers, hit the occasional bomb, and have at least 1 total round killing hole and repeat. 

Haha enjoy!  

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Thanks, Cock. That's exactly what I needed to read right now.

I only regret that I won't be able to share a Miller with you before we die.

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

well .... if you get vaporized you won't know WTF hit you ..So go down with a smile MFer

All in all, probably not the worst way to die. I hope I'm at least close enough to the blast to die instantly, rather than being just close enough to die a slow, agonizing death from radiation poisoning.

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2022 at 4:06 PM, Spoot-Face said:

we need one more game before we're all vaporized in nuclear war please

I'm torn. On one side I don't want to be vaporized. On the other knowing that a lot of people who should be vaporized are going to be makes me happy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nice. One day I hope to publish some fiction

edit: Spoot, I wasn’t calling his work fiction haha. I do want to eventually try publishing something or other, which might be what was funny now that I think about it haha

• Haha 2

Sorry for delay, had a pretty awful stomach virus the past couple days. Would still like to get to 12 players, but can work with the 10 we have now. I’ll leave sign ups open through tonight, game will start tomorrow morning either way.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

Sorry for delay, had a pretty awful stomach virus the past couple days. Would still like to get to 12 players, but can work with the 10 we have now. I’ll leave sign ups open through tonight, game will start tomorrow morning either way.

I know I was the one that posted the PM comment but I just started a Master’s course yesterday and they’re already kicking our asses so I’m ok with the delay

2 hours ago, Drums said:

edit: Spoot, I wasn’t calling his work fiction haha. I do want to eventually try publishing something or other, which might be what was funny now that I think about it haha

Bahaha at first glance I thought I was getting a fake news accusation.  First article and I’d be 1/1 on that!  lol!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Drums said:

Oh, I thought that was just a good burn by you. Obviously not discrediting @Jetsfan80's work and accomplishment (seriously, kudos, even if I didn't read it because I don't understand basketball), but burning each other is just part of our collective relationship here.

Kinda like @CTM and peeing.

• Sympathy 2

On 2/25/2022 at 10:46 AM, jvill 51 said:

Yeah over the past couple of years I’ve finally had the time to go out and play and get better and seeing the handicap go lower and lower is truly addicting. Im only like 230-250 with the driver when I really should be about 250-270 with my iron distances, so I do want to get that figured out but my main focus this year is for sure going to be on short game/eliminating three putts. I want any wedge in to be automatic, and any chip and pitch to give me a realistic chance to go up and down. Distance doesn’t mean as much if you can’t convert it.

So, funny timing of this post.  I’m not a long hitter either but my strength is 100 in to the pin and my short game and putting are included.  So I can score even though everyone out drives me.  Played yesterday, shot an 80, I was further away on every hole but I smoked everyone (one of my buddies is a 3 and was giving me strokes but still, out played a solid group.  

Anywho , where I’m going with this is, I’m 230 off the tee on a good drive.  So typically my drives are only like 220 range.  Which is pathetic.  So the guys I played with all notice that my trajectory is insanely high and believe I’m losing distance and think it’s the shaft.  I’ve heard this before but never really thought it mattered that much.  They recommend I go get fitted for a driver.  It’s a mortgage payment but dude, I spent an hour with this dude and by the time I left, the shaft and club head combo he had me on was carrying 235 and rolling out 250-260.  Total game changer, trajectory down, height down, ball speed up, club speed up, dispersion reduced, spin rate down significantly.

Wild what technology can do, can’t wait till it arrives.