Jump to content

Seahawks could get first rounder for DK Metcalf?


Jets4Life1979
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

The Athletic's Michael-Shawn Dugar suggested the Seahawks could acquire an early first-round draft pick in exchange for DK Metcalf.  Would you give up the 10th pick for DK Metcalf if you're the Jets?

Tough one for me. If the plan is to draft a wideout at 10 I think you may as well trade It for DK. Odds are that recover won't be as good as DK.

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Flightattendant said:

Tough one for me. If the plan is to draft a wideout at 10 I think you may as well trade It for DK. Odds are that recover won't be as good as DK.

 

True, but the downside is that you will have to pay him at least 20 million next year since his rookie deal is up after this year. 

If you take last years draft class (and even remove Chase who was a freak), I think the likes of Waddle/Devonta Smith compare to this years draft class (guys like Burks/London/Wilson). And I highly doubt the Dolphins or Eagles would want to go back and trade those picks/players for DK. The Jets wouldn't even trade Elijah (given contract status) for DK. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I might trade 10 for Metcalf, but I wouldn't have that as main plan. at least right now, might change my mind by mid to end of day, lol

could have scenario where that's the move, pairing Moore with DeKaylin Zecharius and Davis, and a Berrios, could be ok with me. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

True, but the downside is that you will have to pay him at least 20 million next year since his rookie deal is up after this year. 

If you take last years draft class (and even remove Chase who was a freak), I think the likes of Waddle/Devonta Smith compare to this years draft class (guys like Burks/London/Wilson). And I highly doubt the Dolphins or Eagles would want to go back and trade those picks/players for DK. The Jets wouldn't even trade Elijah (given contract status) for DK. 

Yeah I was thinking that too. The fact of the matter is that teams need good players to win games. Good players eventually cost money. 

 

But I totally get that the DK contract probably won't fit our window of potential competitiveness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

The Athletic's Michael-Shawn Dugar suggested the Seahawks could acquire an early first-round draft pick in exchange for DK Metcalf.  Would you give up the 10th pick for DK Metcalf if you're the Jets?

No, but I’d 100% give the one they gave us back for him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

True, but the downside is that you will have to pay him at least 20 million next year since his rookie deal is up after this year. 

If you take last years draft class (and even remove Chase who was a freak), I think the likes of Waddle/Devonta Smith compare to this years draft class (guys like Burks/London/Wilson). And I highly doubt the Dolphins or Eagles would want to go back and trade those picks/players for DK. The Jets wouldn't even trade Elijah (given contract status) for DK. 

well lets say hypothetically you did trade 10 for DK and then go ahead and sign him to a 5-6 year deal (he's 24) and you did get him for the average of $20 mil... a year from now that's probably 25-30 mil based on how salaries climb every year. 2 years 30-33 mil and so on.

I like Burks and London for potential picks at 10, but there is the "unknown" we know DK can play and didn't fail at the NFL level. 

 

if it is a legitimate 10 for DK and he were to agree to a $20 mil deal I think you do it while Zach is on Rookie deal. probably front load it a bit

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

The Athletic's Michael-Shawn Dugar suggested the Seahawks could acquire an early first-round draft pick in exchange for DK Metcalf.  Would you give up the 10th pick for DK Metcalf if you're the Jets?

No, because you are also going to have to give him a big contract as well, and I could see him going kind of crazy after getting paid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Stark said:

well lets say hypothetically you did trade 10 for DK and then go ahead and sign him to a 5-6 year deal (he's 24) and you did get him for the average of $20 mil... a year from now that's probably 25-30 mil based on how salaries climb every year. 2 years 30-33 mil and so on.

I like Burks and London for potential picks at 10, but there is the "unknown" we know DK can play and didn't fail at the NFL level. 

 

if it is a legitimate 10 for DK and he were to agree to a $20 mil deal I think you do it while Zach is on Rookie deal. probably front load it a bit

I think it does make some sense given that we have the extra 1st. I just think JD would rather take his chances with one of the rookies who look pretty good.

Also that 20 million for DK was based on what it would cost to franchise tag him. He would likely want closer to 25-30 million a year on a long term deal.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, chirorob said:

No, because you are also going to have to give him a big contract as well, and I could see him going kind of crazy after getting paid.

That would be my one concern.  While he shouldn't be labeled as a problem child just yet...he's had his moments that shows a lean in that direction.

He would have a plethora of onlyfans models to hook up in foursomes with in the NY area tho....

https://www.outkick.com/onlyfans-model-outs-dk-metcalf-for-wanting-to-have-a-foursome-as-if-thats-a-big-deal/

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think it does make some sense given that we have the extra 1st. I just think JD would rather take his chances with one of the rookies who look pretty good.

 

All draft picks are unknowns.  We know what Metcalf is and what he can do.  I'd give the #10 for him in a NY minute. Geez.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think it does make some sense given that we have the extra 1st. I just think JD would rather take his chances with one of the rookies who look pretty good.

Also that 20 million for DK was based on what it would cost to franchise tag him. He would likely want closer to 25-30 million a year on a long term deal.  

yeah could be more like $25 agree

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd trade #10 for DK in a heartbeat but it's not happening. Seahawks will not like the optics of trading for their original pick back. Jamal for AVT + DK is pretty legit though.

yup. agree here to. probably not happening but the more I think about it the more I am cool with it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pros: Big AF, Fast AF, #4 in TD rec. (better than Davante Adams), played with Elijah Moore in college. 

Cons: Expensive AF (draft comp. and salary), Immaturity on social media, #28 in rec. yards (right behind Christian Kirk, FA), questionable fit with our offense, #28 in rec. (right behind Mike Williams, FA), stupid hair cut and dangly earring.   

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think DK is a mid level #1 WR. Very talented, good overall WR. With that being said, his style, I don’t think it’s a good fit in this offense. He’d be great on the chargers, bengals, rams or some of these other offenses where the offense can attack you at any level on any given play. In this offense, there is too much short and mid level passing, I feel like DK wouldn’t be utilized to his strengths. Like him as a WR but don’t like him on this team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...