Jump to content

Seahawks could get first rounder for DK Metcalf?


Jets4Life1979
 Share

Recommended Posts

Eh I’m not sure if I’d bite. If Godwin shakes loose then I’d rather go for him. Both will ask for huge money and Godwin likely fits the system better and won’t cost a top 10 pick. I’ve only watched a little bit of each, but Godwin seems like much less of a diva also. Can use that top 10 pick on numerous holes. Godwin and Garndner/Edge/Lloyd/ol/etc > DK imo 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Flightattendant said:

Yeah I was thinking that too. The fact of the matter is that teams need good players to win games. Good players eventually cost money. 

 

But I totally get that the DK contract probably won't fit our window of potential competitiveness.

Our window moves up to immediately if we Feild an explosive offense. If he becomes the missing peice next to Moore and Davis, it's worth it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Eh I’m not sure if I’d bite. If Godwin shakes loose then I’d rather go for him. Both will ask for huge money and Godwin likely fits the system better and won’t cost a top 10 pick. I’ve only watched a little bit of each, but Godwin seems like much less of a diva also. Can use that top 10 pick on numerous holes. Godwin and Garndner/Edge/Lloyd/ol/etc > DK imo 

This is true.  A WR1 might shake free, so you might as well try free agency before trading.

An experienced WR1 would be WAY better than a rookie only.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

This is true.  A WR1 might shake free, so you might as well try free agency before trading.

An experienced WR1 would be WAY better than a rookie only.  

Definitely! Davis can be cut after next year too if needed so draft one in the 2nd or 3rd to really bolster the group. Berrios can kick rocks if he won’t sign a reasonable deal with Godwin, Davis, Moore, Rookie on the team 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Pros: Big AF, Fast AF, #4 in TD rec. (better than Davante Adams), played with Elijah Moore in college. 

Cons: Expensive AF (draft comp. and salary), Immaturity on social media, #28 in rec. yards (right behind Christian Kirk, FA), questionable fit with our offense, #28 in rec. (right behind Mike Williams, FA), stupid hair cut and dangly earring.   

lol....

 

my man. love it GS.Major League Baseball Sport GIF by MLB

 

I think he'd be a better fit that Corey Davis and he's an all around better player. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Definitely! Davis can be cut next year too if needed so draft one in the 2nd or 3rd to really bolster the group. Berrios can kick rocks if he won’t sign a reasonable deal with Godwin, Davis, Moore, Rookie on the team 

If Davis is the same guy year 2 he will take a pay cut or get cut.   Hat time to JD for a smart contract structure.  
 

But I hope he breaks out.  Maybe he wasn’t concentrating on some plays because he had to think about the offense still.  He showed big time potential without being consistent.  I have big hopes for Davis this next season.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd probably trade for DKM, but seeing as he's up for a large contract I'd offer a second. I might offer up a first after trading back, and picking up some extra picks first. The idea of Z-Dub throwing the deep ball to DK regularly with EM working the underneath is a happy place. I haven't been paying much attention though is Seattle trading him for any particular reason?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes if I just have to give up 10. I'd try to fleece them again first. Think they'd take both our second round picks? Then try to trade back in the draft to recoup the lost picks for getting DK. 

Rather him all day over a rookie. Think he'd be fine with our coaches and playing with Elijah Moore once again. He can make better commercials in the NY market too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

What are the thoughts on how he fits this offense?  He seems more depth of target guy.  I get that good is good, but when you are talking about paying up for a guy it's better to find a fit.  I would have to make sure before I spent #10 or $20M/per on him, let alone both.

I remember a lot of people accusing Metcalf of Steroid use If that's the case and he can no longer do them how long before his body begins to break down ? That's what worries me the most.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The Bills traded a number 1 for Diggs and the Vikings selected Jefferson with that pick.  

Both great players, but I'd rather be paying the rookie.  

Yup.  Joe D is the master.  If he wants a receiver, we will get an absolute stud at 10.

There is 0 need to trade for a receiver w/ the position we are in for this draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/25/2022 at 11:38 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

There is 0% we are trading for DK Metcalf.  We will take the best wr in the draft at 10.

Please listen to what your GM is telling you and we can stop opening silly threads like this.

Pfft,

There would be no board then.

🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/26/2022 at 9:10 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Yup.  Joe D is the master.  If he wants a receiver, we will get an absolute stud at 10.

There is 0 need to trade for a receiver w/ the position we are in for this draft.

I'd say there is 0 reason to trade a first with the position we are in. I'd still consider trading a 2nd for a pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The NFL along with MLB, NBA, and NHL has a tier of star players that if your team is lucky enough to possess one, will go a long way to a winning franchise. DK Metcalf is a star player. He would instantly upgrade the Jets offense immeasurably. Getting him for the 10 pick is a no brainer. Please people even debating this is laughable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd say there is 0 reason to trade a first with the position we are in. I'd still consider trading a 2nd for a pick.

So if your the GM of the Jets and you have a choice between Metcalf or Burks/London, you would go with the rookie? That would be a big swing and a miss if it didn’t work out. If it were me I’d go for the sure thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

So if your the GM of the Jets and you have a choice between Metcalf or Burks/London, you would go with the rookie? That would be a big swing and a miss if it didn’t work out. If it were me I’d go for the sure thing.

If I were the GM and it only took the #10 pick to get DK then yes I would do it. Seattle will not be trading DK for just their pick back though. The question changes, how much do I want to give up in addition to #10 overall? Maybe a 3rd? But why would Seattle even do that when they spent 2 firsts and a third just to get Jamal.

Basically the price it would realistically take to get DK is higher than I'd like to pay given the position we currently find ourselves in with lots of cap and picks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd say there is 0 reason to trade a first with the position we are in. I'd still consider trading a 2nd for a pick.

Without thinking about it for more than 10 seconds, I'm not saying this would be a slam dunk trade, but honestly if he fits well (skills and in his head) this would exactly be the draft to trade a top 10 pick for such a player. Not just because the draft's weaker up top, but because #10 is not even our only (nor higher) top 10 pick, and the team's got plenty of cap space: the starting QB is locked in for 3 more years at $10MM while a dozen or more (by the time new extensions get signed) other teams are paying their QBs $30-45MM per. 

At the same time, it's not lost on me that they could sign a FA for that money without surrendering the #10 pick, or (if they draft the right guy) get their guy in the draft and use that $20MM/year (ok, the other $14MM; a top 10 pick is much cheaper, but not literally $0) on upgrading veterans elsewhere on the field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Without thinking about it for more than 10 seconds, I'm not saying this would be a slam dunk trade, but honestly if he fits well (skills and in his head) this would exactly be the draft to trade a top 10 pick for such a player. Not just because the draft's weaker up top, but because #10 is not even our only (nor higher) top 10 pick, and the team's got plenty of cap space: the starting QB is locked in for 3 more years at $10MM while a dozen or more (by the time new extensions get signed) other teams are paying their QBs $30-45MM per. 

At the same time, it's not lost on me that they could sign a FA for that money without surrendering the #10 pick, or (if they draft the right guy) get their guy in the draft and use that $20MM/year (ok, the other $14MM; a top 10 pick is much cheaper, but not literally $0) on upgrading veterans elsewhere on the field.

Let me clarify, Seattle is not trading their best player to us for less than they gave us for Jamal. 

Trade 10 for DK = Yes

Seattle accepting their own pick back for their best player netting less than a SS = not gonna happen.

 

My stance is basically, yes I want him for #10 but I don't want him for what it will actually take for us to get him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/25/2022 at 2:17 PM, Hal N of Provo said:

10?  In a heart beat.  Seattle will want more than that.  

DK is showing signs of becoming an issue. 

I wouldn't offer a 1st round pick, period. And this coming from someone who clearly has a thing big ball artists like Metcalf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do you guys think he's even available? 

Fighting on the field. 

Fighting off the field.

Avg hands and feet. 

Between his ego and some of the nuances of the position not developing -- the path ahead is rocky. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Let me clarify, Seattle is not trading their best player to us for less than they gave us for Jamal. 

Trade 10 for DK = Yes

Seattle accepting their own pick back for their best player netting less than a SS = not gonna happen.

 

My stance is basically, yes I want him for #10 but I don't want him for what it will actually take for us to get him.

Understood, and I wasn't specifically speaking to just Metcalf, but for a trade like this. Typically I don't love parting with top 10 picks for a veteran in need of a $$$$ extension, but there are multiple reasons why (if it's to be done) this would be as close as possible to the ideal year to do it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Why do you guys think he's even available? 

Fighting on the field. 

Fighting off the field.

Avg hands and feet. 

Between his ego and some of the nuances of the position not developing -- the path ahead is rocky. 

Knows something about Russell Wilson that we don't?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...