Becton may no longer be working with Duke Manyweather…

Mogglez

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

Wilson has an endless stream of defenders no matter how poorly he played, and any jokes about him generate a host of offended E-White Knights who decry any criticism of any aspect of him, serious or humorous.

Becton was written off by most of this board as a fat lazy slob after one injury that was not his fault went longer than hoped, and now regularly gets mocked as a fat lazy worthless slob we're better off without. 

As of today, Becton is better O-lineman than Zach is a QB.  We'll see what their respective futures hold, but the homerism for one and the aggressive hatred of the other is, IMO, very clear in the majority.

Wilson by all accounts is a hard working kid who wants to become elite and is willing to put the work in.  

You cant see the difference?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

That's interesting, actually.  I think it's just as strong for Wilson as it was for Darnold at this stage.

Curious. I feel like Jets fans were by and large very optimistic about Darnold after his strong finish to his rookie year. That Packers game, etc.

There are certainly lots of Jets fans who are bullish on Wilson but that's to be expected of any young QB, fans will support them out of hope and homerism... But he's been subject to a LOT of criticism. I'd be willing to bet, for instance that if you went to boards for the Jaguars or Bears you'd see far fewer fans killing Lawrence or Fields who had similarly disappointing rookie campaigns.

I'd actually argue getting burned by Darnold has led to fans being much quicker to (rightfully) express major concerns about Wilson.

I think you're right that there are fewer "white knights" defending Becton but I think that's largely related to concerns about effort... Both Wilson and Becton have been heavily criticized.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I do like Becton though!  I want to make that clear.  I spent an entire season eating crow because I wasn’t sure of the pick at the time.  I thought he was an absolute BEAST his rookie year.  My concerns with him now are, honestly, I think he went into last year reading too many of his own press clippings.  I want the kid to reignite that fire he had his rookie season.  I’m concerned that he might have lost that a little.

As for the Plantar Fasciitis, both Saleh and Becton himself kind of alluded to it being due to his weight during mini camp.

There probably is something to do with weight.  The heavier you are, the more weight on the feet, more weight on the feet, etc....

Our first pick, I think, will really be a deciding factor on what the Jets think of Becton.  If we take Ekwonu, Cross, or Neal (Draftek's current mock has Neal dropping to us at 4), then we'll know.  I just don't think we will have to wait that long.  If Becton isn't traded, and Fant and/or Moses is signed long-term, the Jets are not dropping another high pick on the OL.  If a bunch of the above doesn't happen, well.....

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Wilson has an endless stream of defenders no matter how poorly he played, and any jokes about him generate a host of offended E-White Knights who decry any criticism of any aspect of him, serious or humorous.

Becton was written off by most of this board as a fat lazy slob after one injury that was not his fault went longer than hoped, and now regularly gets mocked as a fat lazy worthless slob we're better off without. 

As of today, Becton is better O-lineman than Zach is a QB.  We'll see what their respective futures hold, but the homerism for one and the aggressive hatred of the other is, IMO, very clear in the majority.

I almost agreed with you until the last paragraph...how in hell is Becton a better O lineman than Wilson is a QB?  

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

When you have a problem staying in shape, and you show up to minicamp injured because you are out of shape, it matters.

You can be small and in awesome shape and still get Plantar Fasciitis and you usually don’t get PF by sitting around on your ass. A 360lb dude doesn’t need to be out of shape to get PF.

You could absolutely be right, but I doubt you know for sure.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, the Claw said:

You can be small and in awesome shape and still get Plantar Fasciitis and you usually don’t get PF by sitting around on your ass. A 360lb dude doesn’t need to be out of shape to get PF.

You could absolutely be right, but I doubt you know for sure.

This is also what I’ve heard so I don’t believe that narrative, just like people saying he is fat and lazy yet we saw photos of him looking *surprise* not like the blob he was made out to be. Sad that we work so hard to hate our own players. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

The injury had absolutely nothing to do with his being out of shape.

The injury had nothing to do with him being out of shape, but it's been insinuated that his slow recovery was due to weight gain and poor work habits.  It was a four week injury that turned into seventeen plus.  

I've defended the Ticket all season, but once the coach came out and questioned his effort about the rehab, it's hard to continue.  

Hopefully he takes the criticism to heart and comes back as the monster we all think he can be.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, chirorob said:

Just to play devil's advocate, I treat a lot of people who get severe plantar's from over use/ doing something wrong in their workout.   Wind up with inflammation in the Achilles or calf, which goes down into the bottom of the foot.

Isn't it a big basketball injury?  

8 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This may sound silly to compare him to a professional wrestler, but HHH wrestled a match with a completely torn quadriceps tendon and let Jericho put him in a boston crab to end the match. Triple H lived in a hotel in Alabama near his physical therapy clinic. He did PT full time (9 hours days) 5 days a week, with two half days on weekends. He also managed to get an hour of his own personal workout time if he had a good day of rehab. Something tells me that if HHH was an NFL player, the rehab would have been exactly the same. This injury happened in 2001, but I doubt that HHH would be focusing on his Twitch streaming career. 

I find nothing silly about this. 

9 hours ago, doitny said:

i dont think he gets the LT job now.

after the year Fant had at LT and compare to him struggling the year before at RT i think we have to keep him at LT.

Becton can move to RT.

and then when Fant is gone he can move back to LT. 

I’m still unsure of fant. Who did he lock down last year? No one great that I can remember. Becton played great against Joey Bosa and Myles Garrett two of the upper tier edge players. Hopefully it’s a good competition and the better guy wins. 

People seem to forget that Becton was actually really good as a rookie. Which honestly I was surprised by because of how raw coming out he was. I couldn’t find the Joey Bosa all 22, but becton locked him down with 2 tackles and 0 sacks.  He gave up 1 sack to Garrett, but he’s one of the best edges in the league. This is him as a rookie. 

1 hour ago, Drums said:

This is also what I’ve heard so I don’t believe that narrative, just like people saying he is fat and lazy yet we saw photos of him looking *surprise* not like the blob he was made out to be. Sad that we work so hard to hate our own players. 

Yeah, it’s weird. None of us know for sure, yet so many of us speak in absolutes. One thing happens and all of a sudden it’s a narrative that people will not let go of. Same thing with the video game thing a few weeks back. A dude in his twenties tweets about playing a video game and all of a sudden his character and dedication come into question. It’s just bizarre and childish.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Yeah, it’s weird. None of us know for sure, yet so many of us speak in absolutes. One thing happens and all of a sudden it’s a narrative that people will not let go of. Same thing with the video game thing a few weeks back. A dude in his twenties tweets about playing a video game and all of a sudden his character and dedication come into question. It’s just bizarre and childish.

People tend to blindly listen to the beat reporters (who make a living on clicks) while the evidence contradicting it is right in front of their faces. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, the Claw said:

And a-hole jerkoffs call out posters when NONE of us know the facts.

@14 in Green

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

When you have a problem staying in shape, and you show up to minicamp injured because you are out of shape, it matters.

Your bias shows with the way you interpreted the tweet in your original post. 

8 hours ago, chirorob said:

Just to play devil's advocate, I treat a lot of people who get severe plantar's from over use/ doing something wrong in their workout.   Wind up with inflammation in the Achilles or calf, which goes down into the bottom of the foot.

This should end that BS narrative right here. 

18 minutes ago, Drums said:

It’s funny because @Mogglez said he has plantar fasciitis (which I had) yet he still mocks Bechton who had it. 

I think @Mogglez is either telling tales or is being hypocritical. 

All due respect. 

39 minutes ago, Drums said:

You should probably read the rest of the thread to get my perspective on the situation instead of being a d*ck.  The whole reason I made this post was because Duke Manyweather is one of the best in the business and it would be a shame, IMO, if he wasn’t working with Becton anymore.

17 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It’s funny because @Mogglez said he has plantar fasciitis (which I had) yet he still mocks Bechton who had it. 

I think @Mogglez is either telling tales or is being hypocritical. 

All due respect. 

I’m not mocking anyone.  We’ve been through this and I’m not doing it again.  The dude showed up to minicamp out of shape and overweight, with Plantar Fasciitis, a condition exasperated by being overweight and out of shape.  You think it’s simply a coincidence; I do not.

Furthermore, I have had two injections in my foot due to f*cked up feet and will gladly post a video for proof, lmfao.

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You should probably read the rest of the thread to get my perspective on the situation instead of being a d*ck.  The whole reason I made this post was because Duke Manyweather is one of the best in the business and it would be a shame, IMO, if he wasn’t working with Becton anymore.

I’m not mocking anyone.  We’ve been through this and I’m not doing it again.  The dude showed up to minicamp out of shape and overweight, with Plantar Fasciitis, a condition exasperated by being overweight and out of shape.  You think it’s simply a coincidence; I do not.

Furthermore, I have had two injections in my foot due to f*cked up feet and will gladly post a video for proof, lmfao.

Orrrrr he showed up out of shape BECAUSE of plantar fasciitis. 

If you’re not going to do this again, then stop doing it and wait til OTAs  

If he’s out of shape then, sh*t on him all you want.

Or sh*t on him with no information. 

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

I’m still unsure of fant. Who did he lock down last year? No one great that I can remember. Becton played great against Joey Bosa and Myles Garrett two of the upper tier edge players. Hopefully it’s a good competition and the better guy wins. 

People seem to forget that Becton was actually really good as a rookie. Which honestly I was surprised by because of how raw coming out he was. I couldn’t find the Joey Bosa all 22, but becton locked him down with 2 tackles and 0 sacks.  He gave up 1 sack to Garrett, but he’s one of the best edges in the league. This is him as a rookie. 

Fant gave up one sack all year. he had to lock down somebody.

did you watch this video? he got beat quite a few times. 

0:33 Garett blows right by him. he gets a sack if his teammate doesnt get there first.

0:42 double team with Becton on the inside . he lets Garret spin to the inside and just misses the sack

0:55 blows right pass him.

1:25 blows pass him. LG comes in at the last second to push him enough that he misses the sack. but it forces Darnold forward and is sacked by a teammate.

1:49 squeezes pass Becton and the LG. 2 guys let him squeeze between them.

2:10 goes right pass him again.

2:20 pushes Becton into Sam. he gets rid of it in time.

2:49 beat again!

i would not call this a lock down.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Orrrrr he showed up out of shape BECAUSE of plantar fasciitis. 

If you’re not going to do this again, then stop doing it and wait til OTAs  

If he’s out of shape then, sh*t on him all you want.

Or sh*t on him with no information. 

You believe what you want to believe re: the foot, and I’ll believe what I want.  Sound good?  We’re not going to agree on it, so there’s no point in going back and forth over it.

I posted this because I initially assumed it meant he was no longer working with Duke, which, after re-reading, may have been a misinterpretation.  Forgive me for assuming that this was more interesting to talk about, and more relevant to the Jets, than Tom “Hollywood” Brady.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

You believe what you want to believe re: the foot, and I’ll believe what I want.  Sound good?  We’re not going to agree on it, so there’s no point in going back and forth over it.

I posted this because I initially assumed it meant he was no longer working with Duke, which, after re-reading, may have been a misinterpretation.  Forgive me for assuming that this was more interesting to talk about and more relevant to the Jets than Tom “Hollywood” Brady or Daniel Jones’ contract situation.

I think you have misunderstood my issue with a fraction of your posts. 

I LOVE 90% of your takes.  I like that you have legit inside info. It enhances the board. It’s good stuff. 

But when you hint at things that MAY be inside info that may be derogatory about a current Jet and you say you can’t REALLY say why, it’s sounds like the anonymous player criticizing a teammate. 

If you know something, either say it or if you don’t feel comfortable saying it, don’t hint you know something that nobody else knows. 

We have NO idea what’s going on with Bechton. As I’ve said before, if he shows up a big fat slob out of shape then kill him all you want. I’ll be leading the pack. But until we have concrete evidence—evidence that you know and won’t disclose—then let’s stop the conjecture and wait till OTAs start. 

One other thing. I have no doubt you have plantar faciitis. But you have no idea whether he was out of shape BECAUSE of it or whether him being out of shape EXACERBATED it. 

Let it go. 

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, doitny said:

Fant gave up one sack all year. he had to lock down somebody.

did you watch this video? he got beat quite a few times. 

0:33 Garett blows right by him. he gets a sack if his teammate doesnt get there first.

0:42 double team with Becton on the inside . he lets Garret spin to the inside and just misses the sack

0:55 blows right pass him.

1:25 blows pass him. LG comes in at the last second to push him enough that he misses the sack. but it forces Darnold forward and is sacked by a teammate.

1:49 squeezes pass Becton and the LG. 2 guys let him squeeze between them.

2:10 goes right pass him again.

2:20 pushes Becton into Sam. he gets rid of it in time.

2:49 beat again!

i would not call this a lock down.

You know there’s a difference between blowing past a guy and not letting him get to the pocket (where the qb usually is) right? He was going around which takes more time because becton wouldn’t let him bull rush which he tries to do multiple times and failed. Qbs also usually don’t sit 8 yards deep in the pocket like darnold does. This is why they are always told to step up in the pocket. The way garret was rushing minus like 2 bad blocks by becton they were pretty good for a rookie. If you count in your head his blocks are all 3+ second minus 1 play. The average time for a qb to get rid of the ball is between 2-3 seconds. All the rushing blocks were pretty well done too 

All I’m saying is that so many people want to get rid of him and forget that he played pretty damn well for a rookie and has all the tools to be a great LT. I like fant too, but I can’t think of any edges he blocked on Garrett/Bosa level to compare it to. According to pff so take it as you will, becton as a rookie and fant had the same pass blocking grade 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I think you have misunderstood my issue with a fraction of your posts. 

I LOVE 90% of your takes.  I like that you have legit inside info. It enhances the board. It’s good stuff. 

But when you hint at things that MAY be inside info that may be derogatory about a current Jet and you say you can’t REALLY say why, it’s sounds like the anonymous player criticizing a teammate. 

If you know something, either say it or if you don’t feel comfortable saying it, don’t hint you know something that nobody else knows. 

We have NO idea what’s going on with Bechton. As I’ve said before, if he shows up a big fat slob out of shape then kill him all you want. I’ll be leading the pack. But until we have concrete evidence—evidence that you know and won’t disclose—then let’s stop the conjecture and wait till OTAs start. 

One other thing. I have no doubt you have plantar faciitis. But you have no idea whether he was out of shape BECAUSE of it or whether him being out of shape EXACERBATED it. 

Let it go. 

I read you loud and clear here now, but I want to, specifically, address this again to those who may have missed it last time.

It was never my intention to make it come across as if I was holding back stuff because I “couldn’t say it”.  I am under no gag order.  I’m holding back because of the constant attacks that came my way because of things that I relay which don’t jive with what people want to hear.  One poor soul still can’t stop lamenting over the fact that I told him months before the draft that Zach Wilson was going to be the pick over Justin Fields.  We went from being friends on this forum, to him going on a tirade, attacking me personally along the way, so he could defend the Chicago Bears QB that he so desperately wanted, as if I was the one who made the friggin’ pick.  All of this after spending years begging me for information like a female dog in heat.  That’s when I decided that I am pretty much done sharing things on the main board.  My DMs are open to anyone who has never treated me poorly and wants to know something.  I’ve been an open book all year really, even if it’s not on the main forum anymore.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I read you loud and clear here now, but I want to, specifically, address this again to those who may have missed it last time.

It was never my intention to make it come across as if I was holding back stuff because I “couldn’t say it”.  I am under no gag order.  I’m holding back because of the constant attacks that came my way because of things that I relay which don’t jive with what people want to hear.  One poor soul still can’t stop lamenting over the fact that I told him months before the draft that Zach Wilson was going to be the pick over Justin Fields.  We went from being friends on this forum, to him going on a tirade, attacking me personally along the way, so he could defend the Chicago Bears QB that he so desperately wanted.  All of this after spending years begging me for information like a female dog in heat.  That’s when I decided that I am pretty much done sharing things on the main board.  My DMs are open to anyone who has never treated me poorly and wants to know something.  I’ve been an open book all year really, even if it’s not on the main forum anymore.

That’s fair and too bad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

That’s fair and too bad. 

It genuinely sucks, tbqh.  I enjoyed getting to tell this place any sort of exciting news that gets relayed my way.  I grew up on these forums.  I’ve met real life friends through here.  Maybe one day, when sh*t around this fanbase is less hostile, I’ll feel comfortable doing so again but for now, I’ll stick to the DMs.

For the record you, in particular, are more than welcome to ask away.  I genuinely enjoy your posts, even when we have a slight disagreement.

• Upvote 2