Becton may no longer be working with Duke Manyweather…

Mogglez

35 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The words “Becton” and “working” are seldom heard in the same sentence, unless prefaced by the word not.   

Yesterday, Saleh told STH on the call, and these are his words, "Becton has been working his butt off."

And in the nearly one-hour call, it was one of the more definitive things he said, no fluff.  So is he flat out lying to us?  Sure didn't sound like it.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Is it? I'm not even sure what you mean by this.

Wilson probably has more blind homers but the board is extremely critical of both players overall -- I'd say half the board has written off Becton entirely.

Wilson has an endless stream of defenders no matter how poorly he played, and any jokes about him generate a host of offended E-White Knights who decry any criticism of any aspect of him, serious or humorous.

Becton was written off by most of this board as a fat lazy slob after one injury that was not his fault went longer than hoped, and now regularly gets mocked as a fat lazy worthless slob we're better off without. 

As of today, Becton is better O-lineman than Zach is a QB.  We'll see what their respective futures hold, but the homerism for one and the aggressive hatred of the other is, IMO, very clear in the majority.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 5

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yesterday, Saleh told STH on the call, and these are his words, "Becton has been working his butt off."

And in the nearly one-hour call, it was one of the more definitive things he said, no fluff.  So is he flat out lying to us?  Sure didn't sound like it.

Respectfully, and I like Saleh, he also told us that there were no setbacks with Becton last year and that he wasn’t expecting him to miss the year when it was painfully obvious to anyone paying attention that he wasn’t coming back for the rest of the season.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Wilson has an endless stream of defenders no matter how poorly he played, and any jokes about him generate a host of offended E-White Knights who decry any criticism of any aspect of him, serious or humorous.

Becton was written off by most of this board as a fat lazy slob after one injury that was not his fault went longer than hoped, and now regularly gets mocked as a fat lazy worthless slob. 

As of today, Becton is better O-lineman than Zach is a QB.  We'll see what their respective futures hold, but the homerism for one and the aggressive hatred of the other is, IMO, very clear in the majority.

Probably because he showed up to minicamp out of shape, with an injury due to him being out of shape.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Mogglez said:

Respectfully, and I like Saleh, he also told us that there were no setbacks with Becton last year and that he wasn’t expecting him to miss the year when it was painfully obvious to anyone that he wasn’t coming back for the rest of the season.

So was he lying to us on the call or is Becton working his butt off?  

It's either true or false.  There's no middle ground.

The big question I have here is 'Can we trust what Saleh says or is just another BS artist in front of the mike?  If he was lying, then he is a damned good liar because it sounded sincere.  

Just now, Dcat said:

So was he lying to us on the call or is Becton working his butt off?  

It's either true or false.  There's no middle ground.

The big question I have here is 'Can we trust what Saleh says or is just another BS artist in front of the mike?  If he was lying, then he is a damned good liar because it sounded sincere.  

Remains to be seen I guess.  We’ll have to actually see Becton show up in shape to know for sure.

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed. Becton came to camp out of shape, got hurt, was expected to be out a few weeks and just bailed on the rest of the season. Wilson hurt his knee, was supposed to be out a few weeks....and was back in a few weeks. 

Fans like players that show they care and hate players that don't. 

i still think at least part of the reason becton bailed was b/c fant played well and he thought he wouldn't get his job back.  immaturity.

14 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Is it? I'm not even sure what you mean by this.

Wilson probably has more blind homers but the board is extremely critical of both players overall -- I'd say half the board has written off Becton entirely.

I’m confused by @Warfish post also. I’m no Wilson homer, but I have no issues with his work ethic, and that’s the thing people here are always harping on with Becton.

I have no idea how hard either one actually does train, but I don’t see how fish sees a Wilson connection here.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's amazing to me the difference in treatment for Becton vs. Wilson here at JN.  

Wilson gives the impression that he gives a hoot. Becton doesn't. It's THAT simple. 

Wilson is meeting up with his main receivers in the offseason. Becton is playing video games. It's THAT simple.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Wilson has an endless stream of defenders no matter how poorly he played, and any jokes about him generate a host of offended White Knights who decry any criticism of any aspect of him, serious or humorous.

Becton was written off by most of this board as a fat lazy slob after one injury that was not his fault went longer than hoped, and now regularly gets mocked as a fat lazy worthless slob. 

Ah… okay. I posted my earlier comment before I saw this. Gotcha!

(and I actually agree with you now.)

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i still think at least part of the reason becton bailed was b/c fant played well and he thought he wouldn't get his job back.  immaturity.

As critical as I am of Becton, him not coming back this season was as much of a Jets decision as it was a Mekhi setback issue.  He probably could have toughed out the last few weeks of the year.  He probably would have too.  That being said, with the play of Fant, there was no reason to play him and risk further injury.

• Upvote 3