CDC eases masking recommendations for 70% of country, including inside schools

CDC eases masking recommendations for 70% of country, including inside schools

More than 70% of Americans should be able to remove their masks indoors, including inside schools, under new metrics outlined Friday the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that represent a seismic shift in how the public health agency plans to measure COVID-19 risk.

Under the new metrics, more than half of U.S. counties, which make up about three-fourths of where Americans live, are now considered to be at "low" or "medium" risk because of a reduced number of new COVID-19 hospitalizations and adequate hospital space. Accordingly, the CDC would no longer recommend that these communities insist on indoor masking.

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  And now all we get to take a time machine back to the 80s and start worrying about nuclear war again.  lol.

1960's man.  I grew up in a crappy Lefrak apartment building complex in Queens.  We had these signs in all the buildings and there was always the nuclear war potential as a huge fear, especially after the Cuban missile incident.

img_4945.jpg?w=700&h=938

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The CDC has been legit wrong about everything. I’ll pass.

Well, if they started out wrong... (possibly intentionally due to the politics of trying to get rid of one man) Unsurprisingly, it recently came to light that they've holding back vaccine and virus transmission data that didn't fit their narrative.

43 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

I still ain't going to a stadium or a restaurant . Lower your guard and you get bit in the azz .

Good luck enjoying life. There will never be a covid free reality going forward.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

58 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Well, if they started out wrong... (possibly intentionally due to the politics of trying to get rid of one man) Unsurprisingly, it recently came to light that they've holding back vaccine and virus transmission data that didn't fit their narrative.

Good luck enjoying life. There will never be a covid free reality going forward.

I mean the origination of the virus all together was wrong and they knew it. Pretty sure they knew cloth masks don’t do anything either the whole time. Our leaders are power hungry.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I’m stoked. Teaching in a mask has been brutal and I’m really at the end of my rope with it. The fully online year was way worse but lecturing in medical grade masks all day has not been fun. It’s simply not what they’re made for. This won’t be immediately binding for schools and universities but it’s at least a sign that there’s light at the end of the tunnel. I certainly have not lost sight of how hard some of our student communities have been hit by the last two years but I’m also excited to be getting back to regular pedagogy. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Get Off My Lawn GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I’m stoked. Teaching in a mask has been brutal and I’m really at the end of my rope with it. The fully online year was way worse but lecturing in medical grade masks all day has not been fun. It’s simply not what they’re made for. This won’t be immediately binding for schools and universities but it’s at least a sign that there’s light at the end of the tunnel. I certainly have not lost sight of how hard some of our student communities have been hit by the last two years but I’m also excited to be getting back to regular pedagogy. 

Leave it to a teacher to make me google pedagogy.lol

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I mean the origination of the virus all together was wrong and they knew it. Pretty sure they knew cloth masks don’t do anything either the whole time. Our leaders are power hungry.

Yet if you questioned the origin you’re a conspiracy theorist and nut job. 

The Wuhan Coronavirus Research Lab was 2 blocks away from the outbreak of this coronavirus.  

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I was taught at Quantico not to believe in coincidences.  

And yes, they’ve known all along that cloth or paper masks do not work. 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

This is good news. My wife's oncologist recommended that we still wear masks because Lauren is immuno compromised. But I am glad the rules are changing. Things getting back to normal.

I guess. That would mean I’d have to focus on getting my goatee straight every morning again and put that demonic round nose hair trimmer up my nostrils every morning. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I guess. That would mean I’d have to focus on getting my goatee straight every morning again and put that demonic round nose hair trimmer up my nostrils every morning. 

This. I’ve also become acutely aware of the effects of higher coffee consumption on my breath.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

You do realize people lay in their backs staring directly up my nose when I work on their necks! Haha brutal 

Oh, I know.

If you just kept your ballsack out like I’ve told you, then they’d never notice your nose hair… but noooooooooo don’t listen to the dumb ape. ?

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, I know.

If you just kept your ballsack out like I’ve told you, then they’d never notice your nose hair… but noooooooooo don’t listen to the dumb ape. ?

I actually have been doing that but my fupa covers the to the point they getting a little mossy. 

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

This is good news. My wife's oncologist recommended that we still wear masks because Lauren is immuno compromised. But I am glad the rules are changing. Things getting back to normal.

I’m seeing the resemblance after several Jim Beam on the rocks.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF by Yellowstone

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dcat said:

1960's man.  I grew up in a crappy Lefrak apartment building complex in Queens.  We had these signs in all the buildings and there was always the nuclear war potential as a huge fear, especially after the Cuban missile incident.

img_4945.jpg?w=700&h=938

Grew up with those signs all around NYC in the 70's. No drills at that point but those signs, oh my.

6 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

The Wuhan Coronavirus Research Lab was 2 blocks away from the outbreak of this coronavirus.  

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I was taught at Quantico not to believe in coincidences.  

I am going to ban you. You just can't fudgesicle yourself. So damn annoying.

I thought it had to do with priests somehow. 

Actually I missed the priest joke. I gave this guy a shot, people reported him two weeks ago for what they considered to be racist posts.  Going back and reading this again, banned.  30 days, if he chooses to come back he knows what the rules are.

• Sympathy 3