It's Combine Week

section314

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

What makes it all the worse is that this isn’t even hindsight talking.

We had just let Becht walk in FA, and say what you will about old stone hands, at least he was essentially a 6th OL on the field with his inline blocking ability.

But we had a major need at TE, most of the fanbase was clamoring for Heath, and then we pulled that silly ass trade a week before the draft.

We wound up with a sh*t TE who spent one year with us and got a few years out of a completely average placekicker. Meanwhile Heinz Field echoed to the rooftops with “HEAAAAATH” chants for over a decade.

Bradway was an incompetent slut and shouldn’t be lost to history just because Idzik and Maccagnan were maybe just as stupid.

I was always annoyed with Becht when he was here and instantly missed him when he was gone. Funny how that works.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Untouchable said:

How Terry Bradway has seemingly escaped the ire of Jets fans for passing on Heath Miller and trading down for Doug Jolley and a f*cking kicker is beyond me.

Add on the DeWayne Robertson trade up, trading away Moss for a Coles reunion, etc…

This dick was every bit as bad, if not worse, than the Idzik’s and Maccagnan’s.

And no one seems to care…

Well, it was a while ago now!

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

I had the joy of watching the draft with @T0mShane. The site was launched three months or so before the draft so all I was thinking about at that point was server stuff.

The pick was made.

Tom's face, it was like nothing I have ever seen before.

I said Tom this is bad, right.

He was like it is so bad and he just laughed.  The laugh though was this same old Jets laugh, like he had no words. Just wow they screwed the pooch again.

Good times

How I Met Your Mother Reaction GIF by Laff

14 hours ago, derp said:

Pretty good speed for the RB group. Surprised Hall ran that well. Wonder what team nabs him. Terrible time for Kyren Williams, I didn’t think he looked that slow.

More RB's sub 4.4 than the last seven combines combined.

Need to go back and dig into Hall and Walker. Productive, fast, good size. That second round range has been nice for RB's. I don't think they do it running a committee but there's probably a case to be made.

Nakobe Dean - under 6', but he has added some muscle, up to 229.  Curious to see how he runs with the added weight.  I think he was below 220 during the season.  The weight is good, but will 5'11" cause him to drop to, I don't know, maybe say pick 35?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Nakobe Dean - under 6', but he has added some muscle, up to 229.  Curious to see how he runs with the added weight.  I think he was below 220 during the season.  The weight is good, but will 5'11" cause him to drop to, I don't know, maybe say pick 35?

I'd selfishly like to see a JO-K type drop from him to the second round.  

Imagine getting him and Linderbaum in round 2?  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'd selfishly like to see a JO-K type drop from him to the second round.  

Imagine getting him and Linderbaum in round 2?  

Sounds great, but I really want a pass catcher at either 35 or 38, unless we have already taken a guy like Wilson at 10.  My gues right now though is that Dean will go late 1.  I don't see him making it to 35.  Above 6' and he would have been in the disucssion in first half of R1.  Now I think he goes somewhere around 25-30.

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Sounds great, but I really want a pass catcher at either 35 or 38, unless we have already taken a guy like Wilson at 10.  My gues right now though is that Dean will go late 1.  I don't see him making it to 35.  Above 6' and he would have been in the disucssion in first half of R1.  Now I think he goes somewhere around 25-30.

I know it's a different era, but Zach Thomas and Sam Mills were both under 6'.In Dean's case especially,  "it's not the size of the DAWG in the fight etc" ?

44 minutes ago, Lith said:

It’ll be so interesting to see what they do at 35/38. They could go almost any position on the field and have a need/value match. Not sure they can have too many picks in that area.

• Upvote 1