It's Combine Week

section314

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d imagine a CB pick would be driven by Saleh, who thinks it’d be the missing piece for his defense.

Nick Bosa was the missing link for his SF defense. It will be the same here. Our corners will be just fine if we get a pass rush. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, section314 said:

Nick Bosa was the missing link for his SF defense. It will be the same here. Our corners will be just fine if we get a pass rush. 

Nick Bosa plus the highly paid Richard Sherman. It’s about having both not either.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Don't get me wrong, I like Davis.  The guy is a monster.  Incredible quickness for a guy that size.  I think he will be a stud and while we have other needs, I would be happy to see him as a Jet.  But I think Wyatt is the better pass rusher, and that is the skill that is more valued in today's NFL.  They probably both go in the first, but I would not be surprised if Wyatt goes first.

And if there is one thing I know, it is my Bulldogs.  I was the one who said Sony Michel would be the better NFL back than Nick Chubb.  Oh, wait.  Never mind.

Yep, fooled me too!

Walker may be NFL better than both of them.

7 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Trevon walker tape as a pass rusher is dogwater dont get in the hype of a 40 time

There’s not much tape of him as a pass rusher because he’s inside some and Georgia rotated so heavily. It’s not like he’s on the edge a ton of snaps and not producing.

Usually good when guys get experience inside too, develop better hand usage.

All that said of course there will be questions. He’d be easier to evaluate if he got more snaps and the snaps were outside more.

Fwiw, Pauline has the Jets tied to Burks and Penning as of this morning:

Yesterday, I reported the New York Jets had Treylon Burks as the top receiver on their board, and that was again confirmed to me just a few hours ago. In fact, I’m told general manager Joe Douglas has been gushing about Burks to people inside the league since the Senior Bowl. Whether or not Burks’ subpar Combine performance changes that ranking remains to be seen. Not only did Burks test poorly, but he did not look good in position drills.

The other player I’m told the Jets grade highly is offensive tackle Trevor Penning. This makes a lot of sense for a variety of reasons, and Penning could immediately come in and start at right tackle. The Jets have shown interest in re-signing Morgan Moses, yet my feeling is that’s unlikely to happen. Granted, the Jets have a pair of top-10 selections, and neither Burks nor Penning grade that high.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yesterday, I reported the New York Jets had Treylon Burks as the top receiver on their board, and that was again confirmed to me just a few hours ago. In fact, I’m told general manager Joe Douglas has been gushing about Burks to people inside the league since the Senior Bowl. Whether or not Burks’ subpar Combine performance changes that ranking remains to be seen. Not only did Burks test poorly, but he did not look good in position drills.

The other player I’m told the Jets grade highly is offensive tackle Trevor Penning. This makes a lot of sense for a variety of reasons, and Penning could immediately come in and start at right tackle. The Jets have shown interest in re-signing Morgan Moses, yet my feeling is that’s unlikely to happen. Granted, the Jets have a pair of top-10 selections, and neither Burks nor Penning grade that high.

Smokescreen, maybe.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Penning seems like a lock, imo. Natural fit in every way.

Based on everythIng Douglas has ever said in public, Penning seems to be the epitome of the type of player he values. Athletic, Tough, Mean, Versatile and loves the game.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saw somewhere pick ten has been traded in three of the last four drafts, wouldn’t be surprised if the Jets make it four of five. Get whatever pseudo tier one guy they love at four and then get down to the meat of the draft.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Based on everythIng Douglas has ever said in public, Penning seems to be the epitome of the type of player he values. Athletic, Tough, Mean, Versatile and loves the game.  

I fully understand, Douglas may like Penning.  Does Penning have guard versatility? I just can not see him pulling the trigger with Bechton and Fant still on the team.  The Jets have no wiggle room to draft a backup in the first round.  Bechton will man up this year.  If not, then grab his replacement next year.  As long as Fant is extended. 

The Jets will pick 2 of these 4 positions, Edge, Corner, WR, or an O-linemen that can play OG until he moves to OT.  The only possible unicorn could be Hamilton.

9 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

I fully understand, Douglas may like Penning.  Does Penning have guard versatility? I just can not see him pulling the trigger with Bechton and Fant still on the team.  The Jets have no wiggle room to draft a backup in the first round.  Bechton will man up this year.  If not, then grab his replacement next year.  As long as Fant is extended. 

The Jets will pick 2 of these 4 positions, Edge, Corner, WR, or an O-linemen that can play OG until he moves to OT.  The only possible unicorn could be Hamilton.

He’s started at Guard in college some.  I think the common belief is he could play Guard for a year or two until moving outside.

• Upvote 2