It's Combine Week

section314

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I can tell you that the strength staff at Iowa does not emphasize bench press at all in their training program.  Not to say they don’t do it, but they don’t have a heavy importance on it and Iowas players bench reps at the combine almost always show that.

Was hoping your TE was going to come out this year. Saw him 2-3 times last year, and he is very good. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Joe Douglas please sign or trade for a proven WR1. Allen Robinson would be nice. The path to giving Zach no excuses should not include drafting a WR who might very well be a bust

Agreed.  Would love to see us add a couple of proven playmakers.  At least one TE and WR.  But would still want to see us draft a couple of pass catchers so we can develop our own for the future.

16 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Joe Douglas please sign or trade for a proven WR1. Allen Robinson would be nice. The path to giving Zach no excuses should not include drafting a WR who might very well be a bust

Robinson fell off a cliff last year. I know he's had a great career, was banged up, and the Bears haven't been the most WR friendly but Mooney had over 1000 receiving yards. I'm not sure there's a huge distinction between "will he be good" between a rookie and a wide receiver who you're hoping bounces back.

Similar idea to DJ Chark or Christian Kirk - you know you're getting some production with those guys but not sure how much. I think Cedrick Wilson is the most interesting lower end FA option.

Assuming Godwin and Mike Williams don't hit the market and Adams doesn't look at the Jets the proven route is probably making Jerry Jones say no to a day three pick to unload Amari Cooper's contract. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I can tell you that the strength staff at Iowa does not emphasize bench press at all in their training program.  Not to say they don’t do it, but they don’t have a heavy importance on it and Iowas players bench reps at the combine almost always show that.

Great insight, thanks Hawkeye

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Any real good wr will not hit fa.  Real good wrs make the league.  Look what chase did for the bengals.  You can get a quality wr in fa like crowder but if you want a stud you’re going to have to draft one.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, derp said:

Robinson fell off a cliff last year. I know he's had a great career, was banged up, and the Bears haven't been the most WR friendly but Mooney had over 1000 receiving yards. I'm not sure there's a huge distinction between "will he be good" between a rookie and a wide receiver who you're hoping bounces back.

Similar idea to DJ Chark or Christian Kirk - you know you're getting some production with those guys but not sure how much. I think Cedrick Wilson is the most interesting lower end FA option.

Assuming Godwin and Mike Williams don't hit the market and Adams doesn't look at the Jets the proven route is probably making Jerry Jones say no to a day three pick to unload Amari Cooper's contract. 

Just read on one of Tony Pauline's pages that Mahomes has told the Chiefs that he would "like " them to get a veteran WR in FA vs drafting a young guy. Unless the Chief offer is way low, which usually isn't the case, would be pretty tough to turn down a chance to play with Patrick in that offense.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

Just read on one of Tony Pauline's pages that Mahomes has told the Chiefs that he would "like " them to get a veteran WR in FA vs drafting a young guy. Unless the Chief offer is way low, which usually isn't the case, would be pretty tough to turn down a chance to play with Patrick in that offense.

Honestly even if it is low, if you want to rebuild your value on a one year deal…

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This fanbase will chase A-Rob to his grave... His peak has come and gone. Will he rebound some from a disastrous 2021? Sure, a bit..

But it's time to let that one go, JN.... Mike Williams, Then DJ Chark  would be targets A and B

Chark was looking like a total steal until he got the injury bug  he is for sure worth a look.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Hed be an awful signing.  No explosion, getting old and injured.  No way.

We are drafting a stud receiver at 10 that can grow with Zach.  Either Burkes or Wilson will be absolute studs.

36 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

So Greg Dulcich is getting some major hype now.   Jeremiah has him as the only TE in his top 50.  

I don't buy him for the Jets since he can't block...but if we get a blocking TE and then also get Dulcich then I'll be happy. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

Yes, just found it. thanks. That DT from Uconn moved up a lot. Didn't we coach him at the SR Bowl? hope this doesn't get me banned.?

I feel like they need to go the explosive DT route if it's day two over the run stuffing route but it's got to be a position that's way more in play than any of us discuss. Don't really think there's an appealing guy at 4 or 10 but after that it's fair game. Do think Winfrey, Wyatt are more the types they should go after and I'm curious how guys test this week.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, derp said:

I feel like they need to go the explosive DT route if it's day two over the run stuffing route but it's got to be a position that's way more in play than any of us discuss. Don't really think there's an appealing guy at 4 or 10 but after that it's fair game. Do think Winfrey, Wyatt are more the types they should go after and I'm curious how guys test this week.

The Jets are drafting Winfrey... That feels guaranteed. 

I've been getting offense in FA and defense draft vibes especially after they went our of their way to say that they don't need to get offensive players to support Zach. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, derp said:

Yup, if we cut Rankins and don't resign Foley or (the underwhelming) Nate Shephard then DT is an understated need. 

I expect we get an Edge and that JFM slides inside next to QW but outside of Jonathan Marshall we have no one else.  Salah likes to rotate the DL and puts an emphasis on a badass DL. IDL is a need.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I've been getting offense in FA and defense draft vibes especially after they went our of their way to say that they don't need to get offensive players to support Zach. 

I am starting to feel that way. I could definitely see 2 edge, LB, DT and TE in our 1st 5 picks.

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

I am starting to feel that way. I could definitely see 2 edge, LB, DT and TE in our 1st 5 picks.

4: Sauce Gardner

10: Devin Lloyd

35: Trey McBride

38: Perrion Winfrey

69: Jesse Luketa

Also Jesse Luketa > Arnold Ebeketie

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

4: Sauce Gardner

10: Devin Lloyd

35: Trey McBride

38: Perrion Winfrey

69: Jesse Luketa

Also Jesse Luketa > Arnold Ebeketie

Lloyd is a stud, however I would favor a WR. Gardner is indeed worthy of the 4th overall pick. Of course I hope we can get him a few picks after but hopefully our fanbase doesn't look at it as an idiotic move. This is coming from someone who was livid when they (analysist) mocked Stingley to us 4th overall before his reputation took a hit. I just couldn't fantom a CB period. But studing this guy long enough hopefully can convince other stubborn minds like I once had that Sauce would be a great addition. 

I think we'll look to add a DT. I don't know Winfrey  but I do know Travis Jones looks pretty solid. 

Luketa is an 3-4 OLB.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Free agency always clarifies the draft.   Targets will be clearer in a few more weeks.  

• Upvote 1