It's Combine Week

section314

19 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

hopefully our fanbase doesn't look at it as an idiotic move.

I don't care about what our fanbase thinks.  I just wanna win ball games.  If we do that by building a great defense this year, when the strength of the draft appears to be skewed toward the D that is fine.  Much as I would like to see a dynamic offense, I would rather win 13-10 than lose 38-35.  Whatever it takes to win.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

Any sites out there that are good references and basically aggregate all the combine measurables in spreadsheet form?

I will have that once the combine is complete.  I put combine results in my yearly mock draft/player evaluation spreadsheet.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I don't care about what our fanbase thinks.  I just wanna win ball games.  If we do that by building a great defense this year, when the strength of the draft appears to be skewed toward the D that is fine.  Much as I would like to see a dynamic offense, I would rather win 13-10 than lose 38-35.  Whatever it takes to win.

While I agree, in today's nfl you almost never ever win 13-10 anymore.  You also cannot fall into the defense trap and not provide a young qb with LOTs of weapons which is what we have done for a decade.  If Wilson fails it doesn't matter what our D looks like.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

While I agree, in today's nfl you almost never ever win 13-10 anymore.  You also cannot fall into the defense trap and not provide a young qb with LOTs of weapons which is what we have done for a decade.  If Wilson fails it doesn't matter what our D looks like.

That is fair.  Maybe I should have said 23-20 instead of 13-10.  I am just so tired of losing games.  but the assumption of a defense heavy draft assumes that we have addressed the offense in FA.  Zach needs experienced guys he can rely on.  Add them in FA.  Draft to the strength of the draft.  If that is defense at teh top and weapons on day 2, I can live with that.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Disappointing for Burks.

I know everyone has been talking a lot about these wideouts, but I’d honestly be shocked if Douglas doesn’t acquire a receiver through trade before the draft.

Gut feeling that either Cooper or Ridley will be a Jet within the next few weeks.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Crazy how small Pickett’s hands are. I’m 6’2”. I thought I had what seems to be average size hands and my hands are just shy of 10”. When I shake people’s hands, I’ve never felt my hands were unusually big. For him to be 6’3” and only have 8.5” hands is shocking. My 11 year old has bigger hands.

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I know everyone has been talking a lot about these wideouts, but I’d honestly be shocked if Douglas doesn’t acquire a receiver through trade before the draft.

Gut feeling that either Cooper or Ridley will be a Jet within the next few weeks.

I wouls love to get a guy like Cooper.  I would want to know more about why Ridley missed time this year before giving up assets for him.  Although I am sure the Jets would know what was up with him this year if they were going to part with picks for him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I wouls love to get a guy like Cooper.  I would want to know more about why Ridley missed time this year before giving up assets for him.  Although I am sure the Jets would know what was up with him this year if they were going to part with picks for him.

Agree on Cooper. Someone posted that Ridley’s home has been burglarized multiple times and that was the cause of him wanting to step away from the game. I think it was football guy who said that but I’m not 100% sure.

• Upvote 2