JETS RB Draft Prospects (the pre-combine edition)

Paradis

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I personally don't believe the Jets will be burning day 2 picks on a RB. Like, highly unlikely. Any of those guys going in the 3rd wouldn't' be a shocker. None of them are true 1st round talents.

I agree, I think we have too many other needs that need to be addressed that early. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Paradis said:

I've seen you shower him with praise, so i expected this lol... i'll admit to not laboring over his games being that we're highly unlikely to be in the market for a back when his name gets called in round 2/3... however, my assessment is you have a distorted/inflated sense of his "explosiveness" and "burst"... i wouldn't use either of those to describe him. He runs like a bat out hell though, and i think you're gushing over that attribute. *shrugs* 

Yes I have been singing his praises. But honestly, only in the realm of the current class. I don't nec. think he is some all-world athlete or generational RB prospect, or anything of the sort. Just within this class I think he is one of the top RBs and playmakers and its hard to argue against that. He has weaknesses but athleticism seems to be a strength so I was surprised to hear you call that out as a limitation.

If I were to pick him apart I would say he is not a complete back. He's not a great pass blocker or receiver, he needs to improve in those areas. He has good size but not great size to where he can bully his way for extra yards when making contact at the line of scrimmage. He has good vision but can also try to make something happen that's simply not there, losing yards in the end. However, those are all things that can be fixed. Except maybe the size thing, which, well, he makes up for with effort and elusiveness. He's also not a power back. 

Like I said, he will most likely be drafted before the Jets will even consider taking a RB but he would be a very nice fit as an early down back with MC. Lets say the Jets traded down from 10 and acquired multiple draft picks, then a guy like Walker III slipped to Rd. 3? Yes, I would def. consider him. 

• Upvote 1