Pre-Combine Rankings

KRL

well if we take this for what it is then the OL everybody wants Icky is ranked 9th.

2 guys, Thibs and Burkes at 2 positions of need are ranked higher. and there 0.19 and 0.20 higher than Icky.

so lets stop with this, Icky is the only guy " WORTHY" of the 4th pick. according to this there are 8th other guys who should go before him.

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Taking Hamilton is a safe pick in the same way that Leonard Williams and Quinnen Williams were safe picks. You'll be getting a quality starter who cements a position for the length of their contract. Hamilton will end up being a middle of the pack safety who doesn't move the needle forward or backward.

No more safe picks. Premium position needle movers only with the high picks.

mood GIF

• Upvote 1

Have you ever seen a tight end drafted 4th overall before? 

Vernon Davis, Kellen Winslow, TJ Hockenson, Eric Ebron. All top 10 TE’s. What I was referring to as nonsense is throwing away positional value (or lack thereof) for Kyle Hamilton as a prospect. He’s not all world, he’s not a sure fire all pro, and he plays a dying position in today’s game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Taking Hamilton is a safe pick in the same way that Leonard Williams and Quinnen Williams were safe picks. You'll be getting a quality starter who cements a position for the length of their contract. Hamilton will end up being a middle of the pack safety who doesn't move the needle forward or backward.

Can't disagree plus if Saleh/Ulbrich don't change the scheme to allow Hamilton to be a featured

playmaker what's the point?  How irritating would it be to see Hamilton 10-15 yards off the line

playing cover 1, 2 or 3 for the entire game

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, KRL said:

Can't disagree plus if Saleh/Ulbrich don't change the scheme to allow Hamilton to be a featured

playmaker what's the point?  How irritating would it be to see Hamilton 10-15 yards off the line

playing cover 1, 2 or 3 for the entire game

I have a suspicion that year one was more of a personnel thing than a scheme thing. Perfect game planning and play calling can only do so much for the Redwine's, Riley's, and Davis's of the world. 

As the personnel gets better, the play calling will get more aggressive. If the play calling remains bad, Ulbrich will get canned, and Saleh won't be far behind. I'm hopeful that year one was an outlier. 

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I wish Q was as good as Leonard Williams. At least you know Leonard is on the field most of the time. 

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

I wish Q was as good as Leonard Williams. At least you know Leonard is on the field most of the time. 

Leonard Williams would have the same amount of playing time in Saleh's system. He likes to rotate players.

Robert Saleh's defensive rotation means fewer snaps for Quinnen Williams (nypost.com)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Interesting......Karlaftis 6.37, just ahead of Mafe 6.35 and Ebiketie 6.34  Also, Otton just a smidge ahead of McBride. 

Mafe may walk out of Indy as a top 5 edge in this class.  Wait till people see his wingspan and how he moves.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Mafe may walk out of Indy as a top 5 edge in this class.  Wait till people see his wingspan and how he moves.  

I'm really curious how Sam Williams will grade out. I think interviews for him will be huge....some character stuff with him, no?

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Decent college safety leapfrogs to top rated player in the draft? Something not adding up here.

It’s a “hot take”, people thinking they are being smarter than they are by saying a safety is the best prospect in the draft.  He may very well be the highest rated safety to be drafted in a while, but it doesn’t necessarily make him the best prospect in the draft, nor the most valuable.   

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, doitny said:

well if we take this for what it is then the OL everybody wants Icky is ranked 9th.

2 guys, Thibs and Burkes at 2 positions of need are ranked higher. and there 0.19 and 0.20 higher than Icky.

so lets stop with this, Icky is the only guy " WORTHY" of the 4th pick. according to this there are 8th other guys who should go before him.

They took a strong position on Burks leading the WR pack.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

This draft stinks talent wise in the top 10

It kind of does. Then I go look at Lloyd from Utah, see his production and wonder why he’s not ranked higher. 

Hamilton hype makes no sense. Minka Fitz was a better player. Not even getting to Berry, Taylor, Reed etc..

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

I'm really curious how Sam Williams will grade out. I think interviews for him will be huge....some character stuff with him, no?

I think they have to look at why the charges against him were dropped.   Was the accuser pressured by someone or were the charges completely false.   I really don’t know.  He’s interesting for sure.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

I think they have to look at why the charges against him were dropped.   Was the accuser pressured by someone or were the charges completely false.   I really don’t know.  He’s interesting for sure.  

He sure is. I will be shocked if we don't come away with 2 edge guys in this draft. They seem to be everywhere.

My draft board is Hutchinson, Thib, Ekwenu, Hamilton.  I don’t know who is after that.  

Marcus Williams will get signed by the Jets, or someone else, for a lot of money.  If Hamilton can be that good, and the three players above him are not there, I can see the Hamilton pick working out.  That is a 4 year deal, plus an option, plus a franchise.   That can be a SB or two.  After that, he can sign somewhere else.  

If Hamilton is that good, I don’t get the point of not picking him to pick Karlaftis, or Neal, or Cross.   The bigger issue is whether Hamilton is that good.  Some like Blewett don’t think he is.   He is not a great RB tackler.  This defense needs that.   No one is saying that we should draft Hamilton over a great WR, or EDGE.  Maybe Sauce is the pick at 4.  That is a higher value position.   He can be a surprise pick at 4 like Denzel Ward was.  

But yes, Kyle Pitts defied positional importance and was a TE picked at 4 last year.  How is that pick redrafting?  I think at best he is 6.  

• Upvote 1