Evan Neal and Derek Stingley skipping the Combine

Rhg1084

29 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

There's pretty much always a trade down partner. Like as things seem today, any of these could happen:

• Someone will want their preference of OT not the leftover(s);
  • Someone will want the player that surprisingly escaped the top 3 in general (if we're not so smitten ourselves);
  • Someone - e.g. Denver, WFT, NO, Pit - might not be willing to gamble on Pickett getting past the Giants (specifically because they have 2 picks) or the Panthers in between those Giants picks. The trade-up may not be just draft picks, but for a player or a combo of player/pick(s);
  • Another reason that hasn't yet presented itself.

I do think the "get ahead of Giants" for QB is a possibility and that could be a lucrative trade down. I know McCoffee would always say about the first pick "we had some offers to trade down but we were comfortable with..."

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I do think the "get ahead of Giants" for QB is a possibility and that could be a lucrative trade down. I know McCoffee would always say about the first pick "we had some offers to trade down but we were comfortable with..."

Yeah I don’t know where this myth comes from that teams are routinely stuck with their top 10 (or top 5) picks, especially now that the salaries are slotted.

Last time I could remember a team literally couldn’t trade out of their slot, and it was no secret they badly wanted to, was when SF drafted Alex Smith #1. But the #1 pick got veteran pro bowler money back then, so it was a far bigger gamble.

Accepting that there’s no WR worth taking that early, if there’s no edge with value that matches the draft slot at #4, then trade down.

23 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

A lot of people saying his value is slipping already. Hopefully Jets don’t draft this guy to play guard

Edit - Stingley too. I could see him dropping now I thought he needed to blow up the combine 

Derek Stingley Jr. will be this year's Caleb Farley.

Farley suffered a torn ACL in 2017, had a back injury in 2019 that caused his draft stock to fall, didn't play college ball in 2020 due to COVID-19 concerns, underwent back surgery this March, and now tore another ACL. The multiple back surgeries caused Farley, a top-10 talent, to fall to the Titans at No. 22.