Jump to content

Saleh, McVay, & Shanahan won't be attending combine


bla bla bla
 Share

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The excuse that they have to watch film seems odd.  I wonder if there is an intentional divide between the GM staff and coaches.  Maybe they want to look at these kids separately?   Douglas was at the Senior Bowl.  It isn't an automatic horror show for me, but it sure is curious.

Shanahan not there either. Was a reported rift between him and Lynch over Trey Lance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Talent evaluation is over seen  by the coach and typically scouted by the scouts. Talent management is typically job of the manager in general. Coach oversees that. Talent management and coaching a game are not even modestly related. But ok. 
 

Honestly I think he needs to let the guys who do it for for a living do it, scouts and GM. Let them gather the info and bring the specifics to him. Not sure he has any  magic power that only works  if he’s there. Except possibly being  infatuated with a player just because. Not helpful in my opinion. He’s a coach first, talent evaluator as a function of that. 
 

100% has opinion on scheme fit. It’s the scouting department to provide the guys for him to decide on. Not sure what him being there going,” how about him?, how about him?,” does. Let them do their work earn their  money and produce. 
 

My guess is he watches tape and trust his guys to watch guys run at the combine. Plus he had a chance to actually coach some of these guys. Much more valuable in my opinion. They don’t play football at the combine, it’s gym class. 
 

Yes, his defense lacked talent last year compared to rest of the NFL. But we did have some guys show out. Fingers crossed we get done more this year. 
 

Let’s hope he’s at least “tweaking it” haha. 

Sounds like you just don't think he bring anything of value to the table.

That alone says alot.  /shrug

There or not, he'll be held accountable for what the team does this year, so if he has more important things to do, so be it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He is responsible for the Defense, it's system and those who Coach it.

And the Offense.

And everything in between.

He does not coach the defense.  Thats not what he was hired to do

He wasnt hired to coach the D, he doesnt coach it.  It is the system he believes in and implemented when he was hired, thats his job.  

The Jets were hell bent on hiring a HC who allocated responsibilities to the coordinators and oversee the entire organization.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Especially given the fact that the 2020 draft class—which Douglas allegedly conducted by himself—is catastrophic because of character concerns and Saleh’s presence allegedly corrected that for the 21 draft. So, what, Saleh is gonna prevent the next Mims pick via Zoom? Because he can’t tear himself away from watching Bills tape for a few hours? 

Lmfao, you and the normal ilk are so wrapped up in spreading this ridiculous agenda that you must have completely forgotten that last years “combine” featured no on-field drills and was, practically, all virtual outside of the medicals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lmfao, you and the normal ilk are so wrapped up in spreading this ridiculous agenda that you must have forgotten that last years “combine” featured no on-field drills and was, practically, all virtual outside of the medicals.

And in actuality was 2021?  He sorta missed that part when he said Saleh changed it up after 2020, lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And in actuality was 2021?  He sorta missed that part when he said Saleh changed it up after 2020, lol

The over-arching point is that the combine is, for all intents and purposes, useless for coaches.  Honestly, it’s pretty useless in general.  It’s become a TV spectacle designed to cater to people who fawn over grown men in underwear running 40 yard dashes.  It’s only value is the interviews and whiteboard work, which COVID taught us can be done virtually. The sh*t I took this morning is more important to this team’s success than Saleh attending the combine in person.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lmfao, you and the normal ilk are so wrapped up in spreading this ridiculous agenda that you must have completely forgotten that last years “combine” featured no on-field drills and was, practically, all virtual outside of the medicals.

Yes I also remember Covid. It was bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Sounds like you just don't think he bring anything of value to the table.

That alone says alot.  /shrug

There or not, he'll be held accountable for what the team does this year, so if he has more important things to do, so be it.

It’s gym class dude, haha 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lmfao, you and the normal ilk are so wrapped up in spreading this ridiculous agenda that you must have completely forgotten that last years “combine” featured no on-field drills and was, practically, all virtual outside of the medicals.

Sure but this one is different. There is value in being there. In general in person meetings, especially first time interviews are better in person. Why the Jets make news with this stuff is their own doing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And in actuality was 2021?  He sorta missed that part when he said Saleh changed it up after 2020, lol

2020: Douglas has a draft that was chock filled with malcontents that Saleh had no interest in coaching in 2021.

2021: Saleh arrives, they draft a bunch of boy scouts, get positive results.

2022: The year Douglas has been building towards, in a draft the Jets need to nail from tip to stern, and Saleh is living in a motel with his wife flipping through fabric swatches to find the perfect curtains for the game room. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes I also remember Covid. It was bad.

Coaching staff not attending 4 day college combine with a draft they have over 10 picks in- doesnt matter

Bust OT doing body weight exercises on IG- matters.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The over-arching point is that the combine is, for all intents and purposes, useless for coaches.  Honestly, it’s pretty useless in general.  It’s become a TV spectacle designed to cater to people who fawn over grown men in underwear running 40 yard dashes.  It’s only value is the interviews and whiteboard work, which COVID taught us can be done virtually. The sh*t I took this morning is more important to this team’s success than Saleh attending the combine in person.

The Pats use the Combine and draft process to get face time with players they aren’t even going to draft so they have a book on them when it comes time to play against them, and for when they become free agents or hit the waiver wire. If Saleh finds no value in being at the Combine because he (lol) needs another week to watch his team get nuked by the Pats again, that would seem like a poor use of time and resources. The guy treats his job like he’s got ten years to get good. The fact is, he has shown absolute zero as far as a coach or a leader, and the only reason you guys think he has a pulse is because the Jaguars laid down for them, otherwise they would have closed out on a 1-10 skid after the Mike White Bengals game. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Coaching staff not attending 4 day college combine with a draft they have over 10 picks in- doesnt matter

Bust OT doing body weight exercises on IG- matters.

I need someone to explain to me what positive things Rob Saleh showed them last season that has bought him this level of confidence among the fanbase.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He does not coach the defense.  Thats not what he was hired to do

He wasnt hired to coach the D, he doesnt coach it.  It is the system he believes in and implemented when he was hired, thats his job.  

The Jets were hell bent on hiring a HC who allocated responsibilities to the coordinators and oversee the entire organization.

 

Nut playing the old shell game, where a head coach is actually responsible for nothing and can’t be criticized for any one element of the team because coordinators are on the payroll

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

2020: Douglas has a draft that was chock filled with malcontents that Saleh had no interest in coaching in 2021.

2021: Saleh arrives, they draft a bunch of boy scouts, get positive results.

2022: The year Douglas has been building towards, in a draft the Jets need to nail from tip to stern, and Saleh is living in a motel with his wife flipping through fabric swatches to find the perfect curtains for the game room. 

Obviously you don’t remember COVID that well since Saleh is going to be doing the same exact thing he did last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Pats use the Combine and draft process to get face time with players they aren’t even going to draft so they have a book on them when it comes time to play against them, and for when they become free agents or hit the waiver wire. If Saleh finds no value in being at the Combine because he (lol) needs another week to watch his team get nuked by the Pats again, that would seem like a poor use of time and resources. The guy treats his job like he’s got ten years to get good. The fact is, he has shown absolute zero as far as a coach or a leader, and the only reason you guys think he has a pulse is because the Jaguars laid down for them, otherwise they would have closed out on a 1-10 skid after the Mike White Bengals game. 

Whole lotta useless words to say that you think that Bill Belichick’s 30 minute interviews gave him one iota of a competitive advantage.  

Pretty hysterical that you’ll take some stupid fluff from the Boston media that brought this up one time but actively sh*t on anything the Jets put out on their website as if they aren’t exactly the same thing.

People would honestly take you more seriously if you just outright said “I don’t like Saleh; I never liked Saleh, and I never will like Saleh.” instead of spewing the conspiracy theorist level nonsense like this and that absolutely ridiculous “no one respects him or plays hard for him” BS you’ve peddled since minicamp of last year.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Coaching staff not attending 4 day college combine with a draft they have over 10 picks in- doesnt matter

Bust OT doing body weight exercises on IG- matters.

How many times do you need it drilled into your brain that Saleh is doing the same exact things that he did last year, which yielded positive results, before it actually sticks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

How many times do you need it drilled into your brain that Saleh is doing the same exact things that he did last year, which yielded positive results, before it actually sticks?

Positive results? The team is garbage. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

How many times do you need it drilled into your brain that Saleh is doing the same exact things that he did last year, which yielded positive results, before it actually sticks?

Last years draft has a big TBD on it from me. And the team produced 4 wins. I'm not ready to call anything a success. I like what Saleh's been saying, but it is really bizarre he's not there when he can be. The Jets put this stuff on themslves when it easily could be avoided. Just show up.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, usapaw said:

Yeah, it's part of the process of evaluating players. It's just one tool. No excuse not to attend. It's your job to network.

I too wonder why all 32 teams don’t go and network at the East-West shrine game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Last years draft has a big TBD on it from me. And the team produced 4 wins. I'm not ready to call anything a success. I like what Saleh's been saying, but it is really bizarre he's not there when he can be. The Jets put this stuff on themslves when it easily could be avoided. Just show up.

It’s not bizarre.  There is no value in it for him.  The film study and corroborating he’s doing with the staff right now over FAs and how they fit is a better utilization of time.  Saleh studying film is more important than him clapping like some troglodyte at Aiden Hutchinson’s 3 cone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s not bizarre.  There is no value in it for him.  The film study and corroborating he’s doing with the staff right now over FAs and how they fit is a better utilization of time.  Saleh studying film is more important than him clapping like some troglodyte at Aiden Hutchinson’s 3 cone.

Can he not study film and go to the combine?Not to get too deep in the logistics here...but cmon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Whole lotta useless words to say that you think that Bill Belichick’s 30 minute interviews gave him one iota of a competitive advantage.  

Pretty hysterical that you’ll take some stupid fluff from the Boston media that brought this up one time but actively sh*t on anything the Jets put out on their website as if they aren’t exactly the same thing.

People would honestly take you more seriously if you just outright said “I don’t like Saleh; I never liked Saleh, and I never will like Saleh.” instead of spewing the conspiracy theorist level nonsense like this and that absolutely ridiculous “no one respects him or plays hard for him” BS you’ve peddled since minicamp of last year.

Saleh sucks. He’s weak. Benching Mike White and saying it was because the Dolphins’ 25th ranked pass defense was “too complex” was a transparent lie and and an embarrassment. He hired his underqualified buddies as coordinators because he’s insecure. Saleh is a self-promoting social climber who is going to do everything he can to ensure that, when he fails, as little Jets shrapnel as possible sticks to him when he interviews for his next job, which will likely be an ESPN chair. He sucks. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh sucks. He’s weak. Benching Mike White and saying it was because the Dolphins’ 25th ranked pass defense was “too complex” was a transparent lie and and an embarrassment. He hired his underqualified buddies as coordinators because he’s insecure. Saleh is a self-promoting social climber who is going to do everything he can to ensure that, when he fails, as little Jets shrapnel as possible sticks to him when he interviews for his next job, which will likely be an ESPN chair. He sucks. 

Lol, well that’s better.  There’s a sh*t ton of wrong information, but at least you’re being transparent now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...