Saleh, McVay, & Shanahan won't be attending combine

12 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Sure but this one is different. There is value in being there. In general in person meetings, especially first time interviews are better in person. Why the Jets make news with this stuff is their own doing.

Theres no news here, you just want it to be news because, well because you imagine it is.  No one cares that Saleh isnt there anymore than they care that McVay or Shanahan and whoever wont be there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

2020: Douglas has a draft that was chock filled with malcontents that Saleh had no interest in coaching in 2021.

2021: Saleh arrives, they draft a bunch of boy scouts, get positive results.

2022: The year Douglas has been building towards, in a draft the Jets need to nail from tip to stern, and Saleh is living in a motel with his wife flipping through fabric swatches to find the perfect curtains for the game room. 

What are you talking about, Saleh didnt work for the Jets in 2020.  

In 2021, take a breath and wake up, I know this makes your head want to explode the Jets had a really good draft and added a lot of players to their roster.  You know whats supposed to happen in a draft.  The proverbial nailed

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Nut playing the old shell game, where a head coach is actually responsible for nothing and can’t be criticized for any one element of the team because coordinators are on the payroll

I'm guessing this is the first time T0m has heard of a HC who uses this approach.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

What are you talking about, Saleh didnt work for the Jets in 2020.  

Good evening, sir. Where did I imply that Bob Saleh worked for the Jets in 2020? Saleh was the DC of a 6-10 49ers team that finished 17th in points allowed in 2020. 

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Good evening, sir. Where did I imply that Bob Saleh worked for the Jets in 2020? Saleh was the DC of a 6-10 49ers team that finished 17th in points allowed in 2020. 

While most of his defense and the teams starting QB missed most of the season. 

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Somewhere around the spot where you also made up something like "another young player arbitrarily decides to stop playing hard for Robert Saleh", trying to make it sound real 

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, super key they watch a ton of obscure Brandon Scherff and Jessie Bates film because those guys are unknown quantities, as opposed to 21 year old college athletes whose film is only available as JPEGs on independent recruiting sites on the dark web. 

Just because you see player x is a FA and it's a known commodity, that doesnt automatically mean it's a good fit or that our coaches approve. Still important information in terms of allocation of funds. Maybe they see similar tape/roles for players costing way less? 

In any case, they're spending this time watching college film too. Sorry to disappoint you but they've got access to better quality film than your jpegs on the dark web. Nice try though. 

15 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Why have SAR I come back when there are plenty of people here doing his schtick for him?

This thread is a GOLDMINE of ridiculous reactions and criticisms.

This thread is a GOLDMINE of typical can-do-no-wrong toe-the-company-line E-White Knights doing the usual anti-criticism-crusade homer schtick.

I could literally write some of these folks posts ahead of time on any given topic.

If Saleh goes, they'd say that was great. 

If Saleh doesn't go, they say that is great. 

For some folks, every post here starts with "whatever the Jets do, that is great" and proceeds from there....

• Post of the Week 1

On 3/1/2022 at 10:25 AM, bla bla bla said:

https://www.amny.com/sports/robert-saleh-jets-not-at-nfl-scouting-combine/

Scouts will be attending, how does the forum feel? Saleh was at the Senior Bowl so he's met with the Seniors.

The only valuable in person aspect of the combine is the in-person meeting and chalk talks, and that can be covered at pro-days or just by setting up a meeting. So, I totally get coaches wanting to avoid the spectacle that the combine has become -- especially now with fans present. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

This thread is a GOLDMINE of typical can-do-no-wrong toe-the-company-line E-White Knights doing the usual anti-criticism-crusade homer schtick.

I could literally write some of these folks posts ahead of time on any given topic.

If Saleh goes, they'd say that was great. 

If Saleh doesn't go, they say that is great. 

For some folks, every post here starts with "whatever the Jets do, that is great" and proceeds from there....

If Saleh went or not, it wouldn’t f*cking matter because the process is exactly the same as it was last year.  The majority of people with critical thinking skills are saying that.  Are we even reading the same thread?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If Saleh went or not, it wouldn’t f*cking matter because the process is exactly the same as it was last year.  The majority of people with critical thinking skills are saying that.  Are we even reading the same thread?

1.  When you are bad as the Jets have been, everything matters.

2. Being the same as last year is not something to brag about.

3. "It doesn't matter" is the literally the same as saying "whatever they do is fine/great".

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1.  When you are bad as the Jets have been, everything matters.

2. Being the same as last year is not something to brag about.

3. "It doesn't matter" is the literally the same as saying "whatever they do is fine/great".

1. This exact sentence is absolute Joe Beningo-level whiney baby nonsense.  If something doesn’t matter, it doesn’t matter.  Period.

2. Last years draft class looks very promising.  It absolutely is something to brag about.

3. No it’s not.  At all.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

1. This exact sentence is absolute Joe Beningo-level whiney baby nonsense.  If something doesn’t matter, it doesn’t matter.  Period.

2. Last years draft class looks very promising.  It absolutely is something to brag about.

3. No it’s not.  At all.

You're certainly entitled to your opinions.  

With that said, the results; 2nd worst team in the AFC by record, worst team in the AFC by quality of play, worst QB in the NFL, worst Defense in Jets Franchise history; speaks for itself.

It's hard to hear the homers usual offended mewling at other fans about how things don't matter, or things are just fine, , given how loud those results speak.

A team this bad shouldn't be resting on "how we did it last year", and IMO our Head Coach shouldn't be sitting at home when he could be getting the true measure of these prospects face to face.  Sorry, but you're not going to get that on Zoom.

Maybe then we might avoid guys like Mims.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

3. No it’s not.  At all.

When it comes to the Jets getting good again, I’m in the everything matters camp. I think there’s value for the coach to be in a f2f environment instead of Zoom, especially when potentially meeting players for the first time. As cliche as it sounds, football is a people business. 

The Jets do it to themselves. Everything is under the microscope when you’ve been so bad for so long.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

When it comes to the Jets getting good again, I’m in the everything matters camp. I think there’s value for the coach to be in a f2f environment instead of Zoom, especially when potentially meeting players for the first time. As cliche as it sounds, football is a people business. 

The Jets do it to themselves. Everything is under the microscope when you’ve been so bad for so long.

All of the interviews done last year were virtual and the class looks good.

This year Saleh will be doing the same thing.

This shouldn’t be this hard for some of you.

36 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're certainly entitled to your opinions.  

With that said, the results; 2nd worst team in the AFC by record, worst team in the AFC by quality of play, worst QB in the NFL, worst Defense in Jets Franchise history; speaks for itself.

It's hard to hear the homers usual offended mewling at other fans about how things don't matter, or things are just fine, , given how loud those results speak.

A team this bad shouldn't be resting on "how we did it last year", and IMO our Head Coach shouldn't be sitting at home when he could be getting the true measure of these prospects face to face.  Sorry, but you're not going to get that on Zoom.

Maybe then we might avoid guys like Mims.

Again.  

Last year: virtual interviews = class looks good.

This year: still virtual interviews = ???

the point is the interviews being done virtually or in person doesn’t f*cking matter.

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Again.  

Last year: virtual interviews = class looks good.

This year: still virtual interviews = ???

the point is the interviews being done virtually or in person doesn’t f*cking matter.

No need for the F-bombs.

I don't agree with you.  I think it matters.

You'll just have to come to terms with that.

Same way I don't think last year's class is as great as you do.  Wilson so far sucks (tbd if he improves), Moore and Carter do look like solid, if injury prone, pieces, albeit with Carter desperately needing another RB to pair with, the rest all look like mostly second-tier-starters or depth guys at best to me long term.  

It looks better by comparison to previous Jets Drafts because those drafts (including JD's 2020 draft) are horrendous, and because Saleh force-stared a bunch of later-rounders en route to the worst Defense in Jets franchise history.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

All of the interviews done last year were virtual and the class looks good.

This year Saleh will be doing the same thing.

This shouldn’t be this hard for some of you.

Not what I was getting at. We see this differently. 

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No need for the F-bombs.

I don't agree with you.  I think it matters.

You'll just have to come to terms with that.

Same way I don't think last year's class is as great as you do.  Wilson so far sucks (tbd if he improves), Moore and Carter do look like solid, if injury prone, pieces, albeit with Carter desperately needing another RB to pair with, the rest all look like mostly second-tier-starters or depth guys at best to me long term.  

It looks better by comparison to previous Jets Drafts because those drafts (including JD's 2020 draft) are horrendous, and because Saleh force-stared a bunch of later-rounders en route to the worst Defense in Jets franchise history.  

And you’ll have to accept that when you post things that make absolutely zero sense, it’s going to be chewed apart.  I’ll refrain from the f-bombs tho, lol.

if you can’t see the positives from last years class, so be it.  I vehemently disagree, but it’s your opinion.  Don’t forget about AVT btw.