Saleh, McVay, & Shanahan won't be attending combine

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And you’ll have to accept that when you post things that make absolutely zero sense, it’s going to be chewed apart.  I’ll refrain from the f-bombs tho, lol.

Zero sense...to you.  Respectfully, you are not the arbiter of good sense.  

I can accept you see it as a non-issue.  In the grand scheme, I do as well.  

But Rome wasn't built in a day or in a single grand action.  Doing the little things right at every opportunity is important.

And I would maintain that Zoom is inadequate to in-person evaluation.  For the Jets and for any organization hiring someone.

Have you managed many Zoom interviews since COVID Mog?  Honest question here, not sarcasm, I have no idea what you do for a living.  Do you find a Zoom interview "just as good" as an old school in-person interview?  I can tell you from experience the past two years, I don't.  Not even close.

Note:  I'm not offended in any way by profanity, I just don't see this disagreement warranting it.  I try to be respectful in my posts to you and your Dad, I just ask the same respect in return is all.  No harm, no foul.  

if you can’t see the positives from last years class, so be it.  I vehemently disagree, but it’s your opinion.  Don’t forget about AVT btw.

I think I made my view clear.  Wilson sucks (so far) and looks to me like a bust. Men of good character can disagree on that one, of course, the future is clearly TDB there.

Moore and Carter are so far good looking talents, if limited by injury in both cases so far. 

The rest are mostly spot-holding "JAG's with upside", most of whom are not starter-quality as yet despite being made to start, and helped us achieve the worst defense in franchise history.  No one, especially JD or players on Defense, gets a cookie for last year.

Forgive me if I don't get worked up with positivity over these guys as yet.  We'll see if they do better than "worst ever" in 2022, maybe my view on them might change as the quality of their play changes.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I can accept you see it as a non-issue.  In the grand scheme, I do as well.  

But Rome wasn't built in a day or in a single grand action.  Doing the little things right at every opportunity is important.

And I would maintain that Zoom is inadequate to in-person evaluation.  For the Jets and for any organization hiring someone.

Have you managed many Zoom interviews since COVID Mog?  Honest question here, not sarcasm, I have no idea what you do for a living.  Do you find a Zoom interview "just as good" as an old school in-person interview?  I can tell you from experience the past two years, I don't.  Not even close.

Note:  I'm not offended in any way by profanity, I just don't see this disagreement warranting it.  I try to be respectful in my posts to you and your Dad, I just ask the same respect in return is all.  No harm, no foul.  

I think I made my view clear.  Wilson sucks (so far) and looks to me like a bust. Men of good character can disagree on that one, of course, the future is clearly TDB there.

Moore and Carter are so far good looking talents, if limited by injury in both cases so far. 

The rest are mostly spot-holding "JAG's with upside", most of whom are not starter-quality as yet despite being made to start, and helped us achieve the worst defense in franchise history.  No one, especially JD or players on Defense, gets a cookie for last year.

Forgive me if I don't get worked up with positivity over these guys as yet.  We'll see if they do better than "worst ever" in 2022, maybe my view on them might change as the quality of their play changes.

A prospective player speaking directly with a coach, I agree has some benefits. You get their personality out of that, but there are other ways to learn that as well. 

The best way to find out about a player? Speak to coaches that have coached them before. That is where the real gleaning comes from.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

You missed a Carter.  You missed Echols.  Pinnock etc.  They’re not Jags with upside, they’re at least solid depth to a young roster

While also missing the teams LG, the best G drafted. 
And nothing says ZW looks like a bust so far, he looks like a rookie QB who played with an offense that’s far from complete and competitive.  

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You missed a Carter.  You missed Echols.  Pinnock etc.  They’re not Jags with upside, they’re at least solid depth to a young roster

I didn't miss anyone, and I described them exactly as I see them. 

"Solid Depth" = "JAG's with Upside" in my book.   

STUD/STAR/ALL-PRO > SOLID STARTER > DEPTH/JAG (hopefully with Upside to one day become a SOLID STARTER)/PLACEHOLDER GUY. 

That is my categorization of NFL players.  Perhaps you use a different one, and that's fine.

They are (at this point) completely replaceable with any other depth guy in FA or some other fresh draft pick.  They're not starter-quality talents (yet).

You, of course, are free to think otherwise if it suits you.  

While also missing the teams LG, the best G drafted.

Now that I did in fact overlook and leave out, and yes, he is a very good pick so far.  Thank you for point that out.

Along with Moore, possibly the best of the group in fact, with the best chance of a long-term top-level career.

Of course, we all thought that about Becton after year 1 as well, and half this board gets off calling him a fat lazy slob, so I guess we'll see.  

And nothing says ZW looks like a bust so far, he looks like a rookie QB who played with an offense that’s far from complete and competitive.  

I'll repeat, you are free to think whatever you wish, I do not begrudge you your own evaluation of things. 

In my view, Zach, the worst QB in the NFL in his first year, looks like a bust.  When trying to produce, he was a turnover machine.  When worried about turnovers, he couldn't produce to even an average level.  

We'll both find out down the line if we were right or not.  Same as we did about Darnold, Geno, Sanchez, ect.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Very fair and very true statement, lol.

I can accept you see it as a non-issue.  In the grand scheme, I do as well.

Very fair.  Can’t argue with that.  Obviously I would prefer Saleh be involved, as well.  I just don’t think it makes much of a difference either way, that’s all. Especially given how the draft class from last year shaped up to be, IMO. 

I have, along with Microsoft Teams (in both healthcare and IT settings as I recently made a career change)!  Call me crazy or something along the lines of “naive millennial” but I do think a lot of what needs to be done can be done virtually.  That being said, I still prefer face-to-face communication, but for what the combine is used for, I don’t see what you are truly gaining with in person interviews.

I totally understand.  It was never my intention to give off a bad vibe.  I do, admittedly, have a sailor’s mouth when talking ball, lol.  Apologies!

I still have high hopes for Zach, but yes TBD.

I’d definitely throw AVT and Michael Carter II in this tier as well.  They, fortunately, did not struggle with injuries too.

Ehhhhh I’m half agree, half disagree here.  I’m a big Echols fan.  I’m interested in the rest of the TBDs on defense (Pinnock, Nasrildeen, etc.)

Fair.  Let’s hope they do!

*replies in bold* :^)

• Post of the Week 1