Thanksgiving in March?

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

How about the Jets playing and Tofurkey on your plate?

No joke, had a buddy (a vegetarian buddy) invite me to his mom's (also a vegetarian) on Thanksgiving one year. That's exactly what they were having too. As an extra bonus, she's a college professor who couldn't conceive having a television in her home. So he wanted to take away turkey and football on my Thanksgiving. I'm like "what the hell would I have to be thankful for?!?"

13 minutes ago, freestater said:

No joke, had a buddy (a vegetarian buddy) invite me to his mom's (also a vegetarian) on Thanksgiving one year. That's exactly what they were having too. As an extra bonus, she's a college professor who couldn't conceive having a television in her home. So he wanted to take away turkey and football on my Thanksgiving. I'm like "what the hell would I have to be thankful for?!?"

Hahaha. Me, my wife, and our families going back many generations are all vegetarians (it's not a fad for us, it's a way of life). Our Thanksgivings typically consist of a potluck "tapas" style dinner where everyone brings one or two appetizers/sides and we all fill up. I actually really love it.

One year, someone had the grand idea to try Tofurkey. I hated it so much. I wouldn't wish it on anyone - vegetarians included!

20 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Hahaha. Me, my wife, and our families going back many generations are all vegetarians (it's not a fad for us, it's a way of life). Our Thanksgivings typically consist of a potluck "tapas" style dinner where everyone brings one or two appetizers/sides and we all fill up. I actually really love it.

One year, someone had the grand idea to try Tofurkey. I hated it so much. I wouldn't wish it on anyone - vegetarians included!

Sure, but I'd at least get to watch football if I hung out with you guys!

On 3/2/2022 at 3:51 PM, Beerfish said:

I freaking love turkey dinners.

Will never understand the appeal. Turkey is bay FAR my least favorite type of meat. It' not even what I would consider a tasty BIRD. 

I've eaten chicken, duck, grouse, pheasant, quail, guinea fowl, capon, goose and snipe. They all have more flavor than bland-ass turkey. Oh, and ostrich, even though that tastes more like beef than other birds.

31 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Will never understand the appeal. Turkey is bay FAR my least favorite type of meat. It' not even what I would consider a tasty BIRD. 

I've eaten chicken, duck, grouse, pheasant, quail, guinea fowl, capon, goose and snipe. They all have more flavor than bland-ass turkey. Oh, and ostrich, even though that tastes more like beef than other birds.

im not a fan of duck or goose or the dark meat birds.  I can see where you are coming from though.  I like grouse and pheasant.

RE turkey dinners I also put a lot of cranberry sauce on my turkey and like the stuffing and potatoes gravy as much as the bird itself.

• Upvote 1

On 3/4/2022 at 4:00 PM, Beerfish said:

RE turkey dinners I also put a lot of cranberry sauce on my turkey and like the stuffing and potatoes gravy as much as the bird itself.

Beer agree with you Turkey is ok and never had all the other different birds you mentioned but to me it’s the side dishes that make the meal. My wife makes a great stuffing and it’s the only time of year that I get her to make her mashed turnips ( it basically takes a sawzall to cut them into mashable pieces as they are so hard to cut ) which are just fantastic. They are the best part of the meal and I Look forward to them every year 

• Upvote 1