Jets Combine Pressers Today

IndianaJet

51 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

This is new, news.

One item overlooked in the other thread on Saleh not attending the combine is the above... that with pro days and in-person visits leading up to the draft, there will be other times to interview college kids face to face, particularly ones that they've chose to bring in based on the initial scouting evaluations.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Smokescreen?

The sad thing is that I think that it isn't likely to help Wilson at all.  Better D will get more wins, but will also mean the other team's defense will be tighter and he won't have as much easy stuff.  Maybe that will help him get more splash plays, but his completion percentage and easy yardage will probably drop.  

• Confused 1

Asked if he thinks a safety could be worthy of a Top 10 pick, Jets coach Robert Saleh said " It depends on how good he is." He said he looks for "Unicorns" ... "You can never say no to a ‘unicorn’ and someone who is a tremendous talent and clearly the best player you can take."

To me, this sounds like a smokescreen. Sounds like the Jets are looking for someone to move up for Hamilton. 

Also, the more hype Hamilton gets, the better. If he goes top 3, the Jets will probably get an opportunity to draft one of the top 2 Pass Rushers.   

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Look, let's stop the bull already! There is no way in hell that this staff won't prioritize weapons for Zach. 

We should come out of the draft with the following:

Top WR and TE at a minimum, anything less would be a failure.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The sad thing is that I think that it isn't likely to help Wilson at all.  Better D will get more wins, but will also mean the other team's defense will be tighter and he won't have as much easy stuff.  Maybe that will help him get more splash plays, but his completion percentage and easy yardage will probably drop.  

Lol thats an interesting take. Not sure players or coaches view the game that way. 🤷‍♂️

I also think if you asked Saleh about the importance of helping Wilson on offense he would say the same thing- that its also a priority LOL and they will be looking to add weapons and continue fortifying the O-line in FA and the draft. So, you know, take it with a grain of salt.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Look, let's stop the bull already! There is no way in hell that this staff won't prioritize weapons for Zach. 

I’m guessing that’s the exact reason he isn’t saying that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

This is new, news.

The Senior Bowl experience certainly gave the Jets CS in depth knowledge on a ton of players.   From a perspective of their physical tools and talents.  And also knowledge of players as people.  Their personalities and love for football.

This could be a factor that went into the decision on Jets positional coaches just showing up at the combine for positional drills. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bronx said:

They’re getting their WR in free agency or trade. This draft group of WRs are uninspiring to say the least and no way will waste a top 10 pick on one 

18 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

They’re getting their WR in free agency or trade. This draft group of WRs are uninspiring to say the least and no way will waste a top 10 pick on one 

Let's bet (figure speech,  in case its a forbidden word).

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Lol thats an interesting take. Not sure players or coaches view the game that way. 🤷‍♂️

I also think if you asked Saleh about the importance of helping Wilson on offense he would say the same thing- that its also a priority LOL and they will be looking to add weapons and continue fortifying the O-line in FA and the draft. So, you know, take it with a grain of salt.   

My point was that it was just lip service.  They have to get better.   The defense was an atrocity, so they certainly have to shore it up.  The guy has to say that.  I am saying that more for the fans that think - he did okay in 2021, but wait until we get a good D! 

The kid won 3 games.  He threw for 297 against the Titans, but he went for 145 against the Texans and 102 against the Jags.  I want the team to get better, but statistically the D being better is more likely to hurt him than help.  Think of Sanchez.  He was a sh*t QB, but he had to keep it reigned in because the D and running game were controlling things.  I think his numbers were lower because they were a team with a good D.  Sanchez ypg were 162, 205 and 212 in 2009, 2010 and 2011.  Does anybody think he played better in 2011?  Hell, he went for 192 in 2012 throwing to Kerley, Hill, Schillens and Cumberland.  Being bad can inflate your numbers and give you easy looks.

2 hours ago, peebag said:

Pick a position, any position.  They all were horrible.

Yup.  We have the resources to improve both.  Defense and offense.  This team was not good enough on either side of the ball to just focus on one side.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

It’s been clear as day all along that the Jets will use both of their picks on defense. This is a defensive loaded draft. 

They could easily take Hamilton and then trade out of 10, take an edge in the teens and then go OL/TE in round 2.  I’m not a fan of going safety but i can see them doing it.  This assumes they get a good wr in fa.  The crime would be if they didn’t sign any viable wrs, then went d 2x in round 1 and we’re watching wilson try to make it work again with a bunch of scrubs when moore gets hurt.  Surely douglas has to realize that his job depends on getting wilson to be at least an average nfl starter and looking like a viable nfl starter, and not resorting to bragging about how a safety is getting garbage stats.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

This.  With 5 picks on the first two days, we can add a WR, TE, OL, Edge and either LB or DB.  And thats not even talking about FA.  We need to get better on both sides of the ball.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

This.  With 5 picks on the first two days, we can add a WR, TE, OL, Edge and either LB or DB.  And thats not even talking about FA.  We need to get better on both sides of the ball.  

Last year offense was taken with the first 4 picks, and the d was the worst in the league.  With no clear stud wrs and a desperate need for pass rushers, at least 1 of those first rounders will be used on an edge, maybe 2.  And maybe they go cb with the other.  I think the priority will be to trade out of 10 b/c they will be able to, but at this point I’ve already resigned myself that wr will not be addressed on day 1.

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

Indefinite % right! Nothing less.