Wandale Robinson

BurntDice

So I’ve been really high on this kid for a while now. He’s just so damn shifty and quick. I watched some more of Deebo  just to make sure this isn’t completely crazy, but he’s a YAC monster and can be a king of dumpoffs just like deebo. Maybe he’s a more like Tyreek Hill. Sure he’s smaller and gets his yards in a different way, but can’t lefleur use him in a similar way? His route running has been improving and is pretty decent now too. If you throw him a short pass it always has a chance of breaking it for a long one. Gives good effort blocking. After the bowl game (10 catches 170 yards) idk if he’ll make it to the 3rd anymore and will probably improve his stock at the combine. All I know is that he’s electric and would love him on this squad. 

What do you guys think of him? 

Short version is can Wandale be the deebo or Tyreek Hill for Zach if he’s drafted here?  Highlights below to get the hype train going 

• Upvote 1

If the JETS do sign an Allen Robinson type... this is the guy they draft after round 1. Im not sure if its early rd 2 or trade back into rd 2. 

like this kids potential. also being a transfer from Nebraska and seeing his production erupt in SEC is promising if "booth" LaFleur can figure out his role think he would compliment a Robinson and Moore at WR well.

• Upvote 1

I'm a fan of wandale, but if we resign berrios then we'd have 3 WR 5'10 or under, and they'd play in a similar role. I'd like to add some size to the room if we can. Let's see what happens in FA/trade. If we resign berrios I'm more inclined to grab a guy like Watson on Day 2. If we don't and grab/trade for a bigger dude, then I'm down to grab him. He'd be fun to watch.

2 hours ago, Jdub03 said:

I'm a fan of wandale, but if we resign berrios then we'd have 3 WR 5'10 or under, and they'd play in a similar role. I'd like to add some size to the room if we can. Let's see what happens in FA/trade. If we resign berrios I'm more inclined to grab a guy like Watson on Day 2. If we don't and grab/trade for a bigger dude, then I'm down to grab him. He'd be fun to watch.

Yea this just shows that there’s no reason to pay berrios that much money. It looks like wandale can do everything berrios can in the receiving came, but probably better and looks like a more dynamic gadget guy 

Curious how tall he is, he looks shorter than listed. We'll find out today. Would be really fun to have an explosive gadget type player, as you alluded to they need to build that up before being able to make that kind of a selection. I do think LaFleur would use a player like that effectively though.

I don't mean this in a derogatory way at all because he could certainly end up better - but for all the "this is the 2013 draft" stuff, Robinson has a similar skill set to Tavon Austin, at a similar size, and they had very comparable junior years (Robinson's probably a little better and obviously in a better conference) - Austin just came back as a senior and rushed more.

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Yea this just shows that there’s no reason to pay berrios that much money. It looks like wandale can do everything berrios can in the receiving came, but probably better and looks like a more dynamic gadget guy 

The problem with this is the opportunity cost of drafting a gadget player over another prospect vs just signing the guy that already has that role. 

If that's the case just pay the premium draft capital for Burks who can do gadget stuff, but also has the size/speed to develop into WR1 over time. 

1 hour ago, IntoTheGreen said:

The problem with this is the opportunity cost of drafting a gadget player over another prospect vs just signing the guy that already has that role. 

If that's the case just pay the premium draft capital for Burks who can do gadget stuff, but also has the size/speed to develop into WR1 over time. 

Ehh there’s a massive difference in reaching for wandale at 38 and reaching for Burks at 10. At 10 there are options like sauce, stingley, the edges, ol, etc. 38 the projected talent level is lower 

6 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Ehh there’s a massive difference in reaching for wandale at 38 and reaching for Burks at 10. At 10 there are options like sauce, stingley, the edges, ol, etc. 38 the projected talent level is lower 

Plus Stingley is scary. I think Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, Neal, Ekwonu, Gardner, and Hamilton are the most likely prospects to go in the top ten. Get to the edges and linemen behind those guys and compare them to Burks and it's all premium position plus athletes with production but questions. Don't see a big difference between him and guys like Ojabo, Johnson, and Cross.

I also think Burks blows up today and isn't even there at ten, but that's just me.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

5'8"  I thnk he was listed at 5.11". 

Yep that looks about right. 

8 minutes ago, derp said:

Plus Stingley is scary. I think Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, Neal, Ekwonu, Gardner, and Hamilton are the most likely prospects to go in the top ten. Get to the edges and linemen behind those guys and compare them to Burks and it's all premium position plus athletes with production but questions. Don't see a big difference between him and guys like Ojabo, Johnson, and Cross.

I also think Burks blows up today and isn't even there at ten, but that's just me.

Yep that looks about right. 

Yea I wouldn’t hate him at 10, but It’s just so hard to tell how the top 10 will fall. I’d take Johnson over him at 10 if we miss out on KT/hutch. Some other guys I’d take over him are Hamilton, sauce, I’m scared of stingley too but he has so much upside, Lloyd maybe?, pretty much any edge the fo/cs like such as walker, ojabo, etc, I don’t think he’s even my wr 1. All of the round 1 guys are about tied to me.  Wilson might have a slight edge 

19 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Yea I wouldn’t hate him at 10, but It’s just so hard to tell how the top 10 will fall. I’d take Johnson over him at 10 if we miss out on KT/hutch. Some other guys I’d take over him are Hamilton, sauce, I’m scared of stingley too but he has so much upside, Lloyd maybe?, pretty much any edge the fo/cs like such as walker, ojabo, etc, I don’t think he’s even my wr 1. All of the round 1 guys are about tied to me.  Wilson might have a slight edge 

If Sauce and Hamilton are on the board that complicates things but I’d be surprised, and even so Hamilton would be pretty meh at ten. Feel like the good first round safeties have had outstanding production, he’s tall and ranch but I’m not sure that’s enough.

I’m out on an old breakout like Johnson at ten. Ditto a linebacker. And also out on someone as boom bust as Stingley. Burks, Ojabo, Walker are kind of a similar tier to me, I think that’s largely the conversation around there but who knows.

4 hours ago, BurntDice said:

And theres a massive difference in value taking a Berrios replacement/4th WR at 38 and taking just about anyone else with more value (TE/OL/S/LB). At least Burks has WR1 upside. Robinson doesnt even have WR2 upside as long as Moore is on this team. 3rd round or later has value. 

4 hours ago, derp said:

If Sauce and Hamilton are on the board that complicates things but I’d be surprised, and even so Hamilton would be pretty meh at ten. Feel like the good first round safeties have had outstanding production, he’s tall and ranch but I’m not sure that’s enough.

I’m out on an old breakout like Johnson at ten. Ditto a linebacker. And also out on someone as boom bust as Stingley. Burks, Ojabo, Walker are kind of a similar tier to me, I think that’s largely the conversation around there but who knows.

I have the same kind of feeling about Johnson. He seems like he’ll be really good, but his breakout year being a super sr is concerning. He put on weight which apparently helped him a lot and plays hard. Doesn’t seem to have the upside of ojabo and walker, but should be solid. Is that worth a top 10 pick? Maybe 

58 minutes ago, IntoTheGreen said:

And theres a massive difference in value taking a Berrios replacement/4th WR at 38 and taking just about anyone else with more value (TE/OL/S/LB). At least Burks has WR1 upside. Robinson doesnt even have WR2 upside as long as Moore is on this team. 3rd round or later has value. 

He’s much more than a berrios replacement. Berrios wasn’t very good at end arounds or YAC. That is what this offense thrives on. He’s also great as a deep threat. Burks is much much more raw than Robinson and seems to have work ethic Issues. He doesn’t create a lot of separation in routes. He seems to have good long speed, but takes a while to get there. Robinson has great start/stop and his skills are taylor made for an offense like this. What’s Robinsons negative? He’s short? Big deal 

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

He’s much more than a berrios replacement. Berrios wasn’t very good at end arounds or YAC. That is what this offense thrives on. He’s also great as a deep threat. Burks is much much more raw than Robinson and seems to have work ethic Issues. He doesn’t create a lot of separation in routes. He seems to have good long speed, but takes a while to get there. Robinson has great start/stop and his skills are taylor made for an offense like this. What’s Robinsons negative? He’s short? Big deal 

As a short guy I'll never list that as a negative lol I agree with your points on both prospects. I'm far from in love with Burks. I just dont love the idea of pairing Robinson with Moore. 

7 minutes ago, IntoTheGreen said:

As a short guy I'll never list that as a negative lol I agree with your points on both prospects. I'm far from in love with Burks. I just dont love the idea of pairing Robinson with Moore. 

Same ha I’m only 5’8. I like Burks too, but I was hoping for a dk like combine, he’s not showing it.  He wasn’t great at jump balls and his vert kinda explains it and he skipped the shuttle and 3 cone. He seemed like a stiff long strider. 

Wandale just brings a different element. Quick af, breaks tackles (and ankles). I mainly just want him because he’s so fun to watch 

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.