Site Upgrade Happening COMPLETE

Hey Max,

One thing I would like to see integrated and I think I mentioned this before, the functionality of the last message read feature. Right now I have to click the link at the top of the thread to move to the last message read but there are message boards that I browse where as soon as I open the thread, if I viewed it before, it takes me to the last message read. That would be preferred by me. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Hey Max,

One thing I would like to see integrated and I think I mentioned this before, the functionality of the last message read feature. Right now I have to click the link at the top of the thread to move to the last message read but there are message boards that I browse where as soon as I open the thread, if I viewed it before, it takes me to the last message read. That would be preferred by me. 

It should do that. Are you clicking on the thread title? If so, don’t do that and click on the talk bubble to the left with the “…” in it. It’s imperfect, but that should bring you to the first unread post. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Hey Max,

Not sure if this is what you are referring to, but the quote icon at the start of a title takes you to the first unread message in that thread.  If it's got a dark background it means you have posted in it.

image.png

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

It should do that. Are you clicking on the thread title? If so, don’t do that and click on the talk bubble to the left with the “…” in it. It’s imperfect, but that should bring you to the first unread post. 

Aaaaaand, @slats goes full Cad Bane on me there. 

Boba Fett VS Cad Bane Duel (part 2) | Star Wars Book of Boba Fett episode 7  - YouTube

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Not sure if this is what you are referring to, but the quote icon at the start of a title takes you to the first unread message in that thread.  If it's got a dark background it means you have posted in it.

image.png

This board is like the new car I just leased. So many hidden features. Well, maybe not as many as the car. 

• Upvote 1

@Maxman love seeing the new update! Can't wait to play with all the features!

The anonymous posting is probably a good idea to keep in a designated area to prevent "anonymous inside source" stuff from "insiders" we don't know of haha. I definitely value seeing who is posting so I know how serious to take the post based on the interactions I've had in the past.

Excited for the new app, I'm Definitely one who prefers the web browser right now but I generally feel that way about most websites haha

Keep up the great work!!

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, nycdan said:

image.png

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

Wow....wish I knew this earlier haha

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Hey Max,

Don't we have that already? Click the dialogue bubble instead of the thread title:

image.png

edit: Never mind; I didn't read the whole topic thread before replying. Carry on, lol.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It would be cool if the achievements/badges could be given as an NFT. I have a little experience in that area if you ever wanted to look into something like that. Maybe too soon though. It would be worth it just to watch @The Crusher explode with frustration in trying to understand wtf that means.

I laugh because of the crusher comment, but could be interesting depending on benefit.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Stark said:

I laugh because of the crusher comment, but could be interesting depending on benefit.

one of the cool things about NFT's is that you can mint them with a "royalty" that specifies a percentage of the sale that automatically/programmatically goes back to the original artist or "minter" every time it sells thereafter. So if @Maxman could find an artist to make cool Jets art that he turns into NFT's to award in various ways and that art were to ever become popular and have a secondary market the artist and/or Max could generate some revenue that way.

Whether they'd ever actually become valuable and have a secondary market is a question mark though. Maybe some cool Jets/JetNation artwork would create some sort of market though, who knows?

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

one of the cool things about NFT's is that you can mint them with a "royalty" that specifies a percentage of the sale that automatically/programmatically goes back to the original artist or "minter" every time it sells thereafter. So if @Maxman could find an artist to make cool Jets art that he turns into NFT's to award in various ways and that art were to ever become popular and have a secondary market the artist and/or Max could generate some revenue that way.

Whether they'd ever actually become valuable and have a secondary market is a question mark though. Maybe some cool Jets/JetNation artwork would create some sort of market though, who knows?

yes the minter can get up to a 10% royalty on any sales after the initial which they either get the full amount or whatever the agreed payment would be. 

I just started messing around with this a little too

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Hey Max,

That is already in there, check the screen shot below. The icon to the left, if I have read the thread before it is a different color. Basically it changes from first post, to unread.  Check it out and let me know if that makes sense, thanks.

image.png

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That is already in there, check the screen shot below. The icon to the left, if I have read the thread before it is a different color. Basically it changes from first post, to unread.  Check it out and let me know if that makes sense, thanks.

image.png

Yes, that works. I never knew that does that. You might want to start a message board tips and tricks thread and pin it. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Yes, that works. I never knew that does that. You might want to start a message board tips and tricks thread and pin it. 

I cover it at the VIP poster BBQ every summer.  :)

• Haha 1