Site Upgrade Happening COMPLETE

14 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'm a "newbie", too.   Always hated that goofy term.  Personally, I think it just adds unnecessary clutter.  But if most folks like these badges, it's fine with me.

Anyone else getting just a dark band as the main banner?

EDIT:  Just got bumped to "Posting Machine" status.  lol

Smh, MW made it to the HOF in just one day.

FD_xdXjXoBgPISy.thumb.jpeg.ef6364213b89f16c9a4d108e05728331.jpeg

download (22).jpeg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'm a "newbie", too.   Always hated that goofy term.  Personally, I think it just adds unnecessary clutter.  But if most folks like these badges, it's fine with me.

Anyone else getting just a dark band as the main banner?

EDIT:  Just got bumped to "Posting Machine" status.  lol

We are working on a “ master of creativity badge” for you, 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Not gonna lie, it would be pretty satisfying to see a fake PFF score next to each posters name haha basically the same idea but runs with the football theme.

Could be cool especially in the Draft forum. Kind of track accuracy of players/comments.

@kdels62 91.44

@Paradis 90.8

@JiFapono 89.9

@Barry McCockinner 82.1

Anyone that has us taking Hamilton at 4…. 9.1

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I just came back after a day or so, and earned two badges!

Of course, I'd like to thank God for all his glory, my mother (god rest her soul),  and my wife and kids for all their love and support.

Oh....COKE AND WHORES!!!!!! 

Call that one the "John Entwistle Memorial Badge".  

23 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I’ll never get the “conversation starter” badge.

I’ve only started two threads in the 17 years I’ve been here.  

edit- 4 threads 

1. Moss for Coles trade

2. Tommy Tremble (draft forum)

3. Show your mock (draft forum)

4.  White Sox article 

lol 

Maybe but you're also the only user who earned the "Get the papers.  Get the papers" badge.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Stark said:

Could be cool especially in the Draft forum. Kind of track accuracy of players/comments.

@kdels62 91.44

@Paradis 90.8

@JiFapono 89.9

@Barry McCockinner 82.1

All I know is that I am a posting machine and in the top 31% of all posters on this site. Put some respect next to my name.

GIF by Look Human

• Haha 1

There seems to be an error in the coding of the badge module. I joined this website in 2008. I visit the forums almost daily and spend considerable time reading the threads. Granted I don't post often, but I am offended to be classified as a newbie. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just got another one.  Ugh!

image.png.a9d24fab93f8b824b992038c0c23559d.png

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

yeah this whole badge system is kinda corny.....just sayin' i'm 46 yrs old......i don't need to earn badges on a jets forum....lol

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

image.png.92c7cd6641f5384a14faf4fdf0848abb.png

How stupid is this? lol

So I'm going to have to make a please scan the board before starting new topics and complaining non stop badge lol. :)

As I mentioned last night we upgraded the forum. As you can see by the first post in this merged the upgrade brings many real features that are worth upgrading for.

The upgrade is also tied to security updates. So upgrading is not an option, I put this one off all football season and waited until the combine was over.

Another thing that is mentioned above is that there is a reindex running. It is going through old posts.

That is why you are seeing badges and stats show up. We will look into the badges, I assume there is a way to turn it off if that is what people want.

But it was late and I needed to get some sleep. So thanks for your patience. It's the offseason so we will sort out all of the pressing call of duty topics haha.

Give me a little time, I have to check the reindex but the upgrade had to be done. Put any feedback in this thread, good bad or indifferent.

Thank you.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, Stark said:

@kdels62 91.44

@Paradis 90.8

@JiFapono 89.9

@Barry McCockinner 82.1

Why would you insult me like this?  I’ve done nothing but love you since the day we met. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So I'm going to have to make a please scan the board before starting new topics and complaining non stop badge lol. :)

As I mentioned last night we upgraded the forum. As you can see by the first post in this merged the upgrade brings many real features that are worth upgrading for.

The upgrade is also tied to security updates. So upgrading is not an option, I put this one off all football season and waited until the combine was over.

Another thing that is mentioned above is that there is a reindex running. It is going through old posts.

That is why you are seeing badges and stats show up. We will look into the badges, I assume there is a way to turn it off if that is what people want.

But it was late and I needed to get some sleep. So thanks for your patience. It's the offseason so we will sort out all of the pressing call of duty topics haha.

Give me a little time, I have to check the reindex but the upgrade had to be done. Put any feedback in this thread, good bad or indifferent.

Thank you.

I'm only pretending to be upset at the badges.  I really do want the "Complaining non-stop" badge.  :)

Btw, "Know your place, Rook!"

1959902645_MaxmanRookie.JPG.25b6ee176f99f642b782be7dcac8aeaa.JPG

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You're leaving the site over this?

I put a lengthy post explaining it up.

Ignore Bronx, he makes me look like Ms. Mary Sunshine most days, lol.

P.S. Look, I'm a Noob again!  Go go new badges rock!  

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm REALLY positive, totally, not a negative bone in my body.

Looking forward to meeting you all for some POSITIVE Jets talk!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Too bad the old Hot Chicks Thread is defunct.   @Jetsfan80 would have his "One Millionth Fap" badge proudly emblazoning his user image.

Be careful with language like this.  This thread seems to be addressed to the National Organization of Women.

Site Upgrade Happening NOW

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Hopefully, once it figures out all the badges we’ve earned over the years, it starts to slow down to a trickle. Of course, then you’ll see @TuscanyTile2 complaining about why he hasn’t been awarded a new badge in over a week. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, slats said:

Hopefully, once it figures out all the badges we’ve earned over the years, it starts to slow down to a trickle. Of course, then you’ll see @TuscanyTile2 complaining about why he hasn’t been awarded a new badge in over a week. 

Congratulations TT2, you've earned the "Hasn’t been awarded a new badge in over a week" badge!

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So I'm going to have to make a please scan the board before starting new topics and complaining non stop badge lol.

@TuscanyTile2 is innocent, I started the thread (surprisingly). My intention was to have a little bit of fun. It reminded me the days I used to play PS4 with my younger son.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm only pretending to be upset at the badges.  I really do want the "Complaining non-stop" badge.  :)

Btw, "Know your place, Rook!"

1959902645_MaxmanRookie.JPG.25b6ee176f99f642b782be7dcac8aeaa.JPG

43 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I was talking about the call of duty/badges thread. I think we were having some light hearted fun before it was merged.

Just checking, thanks.

We will get it all sorted out. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew what was going on.

• Upvote 2