Jets 'love' Trey McBride, says Trey McBride

5 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Erika from EA Sports with the scoop.

Didn't she used to post here (I forget her screen-name) before all the perversion drove her away?

Anyway...an interesting bit of insider gossip from a Jets fan.

If that’s the thing to drive her away from jetnation she needs to really get over herself 

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Don't be so sure. I think he will end up going in the bottom of Rd. 1. If the Jets really want him they may need to trade up. 

I dont think they should. Such a deep draft and the fall off from McBride is not drastic. Ruckert, Otton, Ferguson, Dulchic,, Weidemyer , Deese all strong potential NFL prospects

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I dont think they should. Such a deep draft and the fall off from McBride is not drastic. Ruckert, Otton, Ferguson, Dulchic,, Weidemyer , Deese all strong potential NFL prospects

Totally agree. I certainly wouldn't complain about adding a good TE, but it's a deep draft. Really like ruckert and dulcic

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I agree. A lot of focus on McBride, but he may not even be their top choice at the position. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Yea. I mean, they should take (and trade up for) the prospect they like the most. If they feel like McBride is the perfect fit and destined to be an immediate impact player- by all means, move up a few spot to take up late in Rd. 1. But I agree, this is a deep draft at TE with a number of other prospects they could target later on. 

We have to also keep in mind that every year there are guys that inexplicably fall out of Rd. 1, into the early part of Rd. 2. I'm not talking about guys like McBride. I'm talking about guys that you expected to go middle of Rd. 1. It would be good for the Jets to hold on to those x2 early second round picks in case that were to happen. Maybe someone they really like slips. Could Nakobe Dean fall because of his size? Always happens to smaller guys.   

• Upvote 2

Great thread title.

McBride is the guy who's produced on volume at TE in this class. For a team that desperately needs talent on offense, talent and depth at tight end - in the second round he's potentially a discount option as the possession receiver security blanket guy folks want for Wilson but extremely easy to get on the field and won't cause issues with spacing. He'd be an exciting start to day two IMO.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Erika from EA Sports with the scoop.

Didn't she used to post here (I forget her screen-name) before all the perversion drove her away?

Anyway...an interesting bit of insider gossip from a Jets fan.

Yes, she did...Jets Babe was her screen name and I will stop there...lol

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Why in the world would he say that? Is it a big deal? Or does it show a lack of awareness? Leaning towards not liking this. Just dont say anything

Lol. Or does it show how aware he really is. You think it’s good for him to not say teams are interested in him? He’s gonna stay quiet so that he gets drafted at a lower position on a sh*tty team? I’d say the exact opposite, I’d say he’s extremely aware…