Jets Prospect Meetings

Lith

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If the Jets can't trade out of 10 they are taking Burks, I insist on it.

Never really liked the idea of taking a WR at 10 this year. And if we did, I have become more and more impressed with Wilson the more tape I watch. He is a really fantastic route runner and his skill set will immediately translate to the NFL. I think he is also a great fit for the Jets and versatile enough to play X or slot or lineup with Davis, Moore and Mims (or a FA 'X' receiver) in a spread formation. Do just about anything you ask him to. Yes, I know he is an Ohio State WR. Nonetheless.

If the Jets want a bigger target type WR, I prefer Watson later on (Rd. 3?) or Alec Pierce (Rd. 4?). Some of the luster of Burks at 10 has really wore off for me. 

Thib. and Sauce would be high impact selections at 4 and 10. If the Jets wanted to address CB early.

What I THINK will happen is Thib will go top 3 and Jets end up taking Ekwonu at 4 and Sauce at 10. Not sure I love it but both should be very good NFL players.    

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Never really liked the idea of taking a WR at 10 this year. And if we did, I have become more and more impressed with Wilson the more tape I watch. He is a really fantastic route runner and his skill set will immediately translate to the NFL. I think he is also a great fit for the Jets and versatile enough to play X or slot or lineup with Davis, Moore and Mims (or a FA 'X' receiver) in a spread formation. Do just about anything you ask him to. Yes, I know he is an Ohio State WR. Nonetheless.

If the Jets want a bigger target type WR, I prefer Watson later on (Rd. 3?) or Alec Pierce (Rd. 4?). Some of the luster of Burks at 10 has really wore off for me. 

Thib. and Sauce would be high impact selections at 4 and 10. If the Jets wanted to address CB early.

What I THINK will happen is Thib will go top 3 and Jets end up taking Ekwonu at 4 and Sauce at 10. Not sure I love it but both should be very good NFL players.    

I don't think Sauce makes it to ten.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Malik Willis to Treylon Burks would be awesome. Make it happen #Tanny.

You know what's even better.... ZW to Burks with Ekwonu and Becton on the right and Fant and AVT on the left....

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

DJs mock draft 2.0 has us taking Ekwonu at 4 and Sauce and 10.  That would be an awesome start to the draft IMO, a starting OL and a starting CB next to Hall on day one?

Then load up on WR and TE from the 2nd down.  

• Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, derp said:

I don't think Sauce makes it to ten.

Fair enough. Who do you see nabbing him? I think maybe ATL but thats about it. Here's my reasoning. 

I think Thib, Neal, Hutch, Ekwonu, Hamilton will def. go in the top 10. I think one more pass rusher (Ojabo? Karl.?) will also go top 10, probably one more OT (Cross?) and probably at least one QB. Sauce will definitely be in there as well. The top CB almost always goes top 10. I have no stats to back that up, but it feels that way.  

NYG- Bradberry/Adoree Jackson/Logan Ryan - not positive, but I'm pretty sure they are under contract.

CAR- CJ Henderson/Jaycee Horn/AJ Boye- they WILL lose Gilmore, so maybe Sauce will be a replacement? But don't see it. If anything this is a good spot for CAR to nab a QB to compete with Darnold if they like one.  

NYG- See above. Giants have a lot of holes but CB doesn't seem to be one of them after they loaded up in FA last year.  

ATL- This is a definite spot where Sauce might go just before the Jets pick. The Falcons have AJ Terrell and Moreau as their starters and could definitely use a guy like Sauce as an upgrade. We will see which direction they go in FA. They may want a QB or even WR at this spot. 

DEN- Surtan/Fuller/Callahan/Darby: Denver also has great safeties. Again, not sure of the contract status of all these guys but I'm certain they will not be drafting Sauce.   

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

You know what's even better.... ZW to Burks with Ekwonu and Becton on the right and Fant and AVT on the left....

All of you people who want to draft another OL early, how are we going to sign all of them again when you still will have to pay Zach, Moore, and Carter around the same time? We need some first round players in other parts of the team. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

All of you people who want to draft another OL early, how are we going to sign all of them again when you still will have to pay Zach, Moore, and Carter around the same time? We need some first round players in other parts of the team. 

There’s something you don’t think about other than all are worthy of nice bump ups on their second contracts.  And what’s the alternative, hand out big deals right off the bat to FAs?

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Icy better than the two wins your draft would bring in

I would just gamble huge on the rampant misogyny of the American justice system and send Zach Wilson, the #4, and a couple of twos to Houston for Deshaun Watson. Then, I’d sit back and reap the titles.

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would just gamble huge on the rampant misogyny of the American justice system and send Zach Wilson, the #4, and a couple of twos to Houston for Deshaun Watson. Then, I’d sit back and reap the titles.

I’m thinking that has 0 chance of happening from more than one angle.