Skyy Moore Is a Beast

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 12:36 PM, GangGreen Machine said:

Fearless route runner who can beat you deep with 4.4 speed. Massive hands (10.25”)…how ya doin Kenny Pickett?! This guy seems  to catch everything. I’d like to The Jets to give him a look in the 2nd to replace Braxton. Davis, E.Moore, and S. Moore would be legit. 

Don't we have enough smurfs (Moore, Berrrios).  We could use a little more size like Pickens or Watson.   Maybe even Alec Pierce.  

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Don't we have enough smurfs (Moore, Berrrios).  We could use a little more size like Pickens or Watson.   Maybe even Alec Pierce.  

I hear you. I was all over big WR in 2020 including Mims. Claypool, Pittman, Higgins Jefferson I loved them all. Alec Pierce seemed super stiff in combine drills. Carries over to below average separation. Pickens I like if we don’t go WR early. Watson is interesting. 

This year I want London or Wilson in the first but if we pass I want Skyy Moore in the second. Separation is what I want from this WR core. They had little of this in 2021.

Smurfs can excel in this league too though. 

Deonte Johnson, AB, OBJ, waddle, Renfrow, Jamar Chase, etc. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

I hear you. I was all over big WR in 2020 including Mims. Claypool, Pittman, Higgins Jefferson I loved them all. Alec Pierce seemed super stiff in combine drills. Carries over to below average separation. Pickens I like if we don’t go WR early. Watson is interesting. 

This year I want London or Wilson in the first but if we pass I want Skyy Moore in the second. Separation is what I want from this WR core. They had little of this in 2021.

Smurfs can excel in this league too though. 

Deonte Johnson, AB, OBJ, waddle, Renfrow, Jamar Chase, etc. 

AB, Chase I would not call smurfs at all.   Waddle, OBJ both have exceptional speed and acceleration, not to mention great leaping and hands.  We already have several small receivers so I just want to add some balance, especially for contested catch and 50-50 balls.  The more I watch, the more I want Treylon Burks at 10.  I don't care about his combine numbers.  His film DOES NOT LIE.   Sky Moore definitely helped himself at the combine but personally I would take a Kyle Phillips a few rounds later.   I don't see that much of a difference between the two.  He may not be the biggest or best athlete but he just knows how to get open.  Reminds me of a Welker or Edelman.  

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

AB, Chase I would not call smurfs at all.   Waddle, OBJ both have exceptional speed and acceleration, not to mention great leaping and hands.  We already have several small receivers so I just want to add some balance, especially for contested catch and 50-50 balls.  The more I watch, the more I want Treylon Burks at 10.  I don't care about his combine numbers.  His film DOES NOT LIE.   Sky Moore definitely helped himself at the combine but personally I would take a Kyle Phillips a few rounds later.   I don't see that much of a difference between the two.  He may not be the biggest or best athlete but he just knows how to get open.  Reminds me of a Welker or Edelman.  

AB is 5’10 and Chase is 6’0” so I’m a little confused as to what a smurf is for you. Skyy Moore has 4.4 speed, the largest WR hands in the combine at over 10”, but a mediocre vert. I’m trying to not have as many contested catches because the guys we have cannot separate and it’s hurt the QB development. Different strokes for different folks I guess. 

Burks could be a Deebo role for the Jets. With the coaching tree I could absolutely see it happening.

I really like Kyle Phillips too but Moore is more explosive and I’m tired of getting depth WR on day 3.

I am reading the writing in the wall it’s looking like JD is going to strike within the first 4 picks for WR so Phillips is an afterthought for now. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2022 at 10:23 PM, GangGreen Machine said:

AB is 5’10 and Chase is 6’0” so I’m a little confused as to what a smurf is for you. Skyy Moore has 4.4 speed, the largest WR hands in the combine at over 10”, but a mediocre vert. I’m trying to not have as many contested catches because the guys we have cannot separate and it’s hurt the QB development. Different strokes for different folks I guess. 

Burks could be a Deebo role for the Jets. With the coaching tree I could absolutely see it happening.

I really like Kyle Phillips too but Moore is more explosive and I’m tired of getting depth WR on day 3.

I am reading the writing in the wall it’s looking like JD is going to strike within the first 4 picks for WR so Phillips is an afterthought for now. 

My point is you can have both.  Get a Burks and I don't see the need for Moore in the second.  I would go Pickens if I was taking another receiver that high.   I would also be just as fine with a Bo Melton in the 4th.   Pickens and Burks gives us a 1 and 1A potentially to with Elijah Moore.  If thy go with Moore, I will expect they have done their home work so I certainly won't complain.  One thing is for sure; he has a name that makes a perfect fit ?

• Upvote 1

Moore seemed to win a lot of down field 50-50 balls this year. He has some pretty good twitch but still a little raw and learning as a route technician.
Reminds me of a very poor mans Steve Smith Sr. With his tenacity and seemingly punching above his weight with his height when downfield ball tracking on 50-50 balls. 
very interesting prospect. 

44 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Not quite on the speed numbers. different speed numbers makes a difference believe hill ran a 4.29 where as moore ran a 4.41

I’d like to compare him to DJ Moore with that thick squatty build and decent explosiveness but much like the other WR’s in this class when I want to make a positive pro comparison the prospect this year is less impressive physically (almost always lighter and less vertical) and/or has worse production. Usually both.

• Upvote 1

On 3/25/2022 at 10:44 AM, KRL said:

Considering we were on the verge of getting Hill (who has the same height, weight,

speed numbers) Moore seems like he'll fit the profile

Exactly what I was going to say.  The Jets were ready to trade a boatload of picks and throw a Brinks truck of cash at Tyreek Hill.  That tells me they're okay with less than ideal size if the player brings other significant dimensions of play to the table.

And a reminder that Tyreek Hill slipped to Round 5 and was taken at Pick 165 in 2016 partially because he is 5'10".

6 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Gonna revisit this a little bit.  Got to see some cutups of him training down in Florida. The kid is looking really really good in and out of breaks.  Very quick very solid.  Would not be agianst drafting him as our 2nd wr in this draft. 

The size isn't ideal but I definitely think he fits. Would pair well with a Watson or Pierce IMO. You also brought up Romeo Doubs way back who's probably pretty underrated. Easy to pair him with a bigger guy. Doubt fans would be happy but there are a lot of iterations without a day one guy that bring in two good players. I'm not sure they double dip but minus Cole and Crowder there's room, they're almost certainly bringing in at least one guy.

Obviously all changes if they pull off a trade.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, derp said:

The size isn't ideal but I definitely think he fits. Would pair well with a Watson or Pierce IMO. You also brought up Romeo Doubs way back who's probably pretty underrated. Easy to pair him with a bigger guy. Doubt fans would be happy but there are a lot of iterations without a day one guy that bring in two good players. I'm not sure they double dip but minus Cole and Crowder there's room, they're almost certainly bringing in at least one guy.

Obviously all changes if they pull off a trade.

Skyy has a fit in the offense and has enough experience running from the outside to justify his drafting for this offense.  He offers flexibility at least and a little thicker of a build.  If you want to go with a lot of speed and guys that can run the different iterations of mesh that we run it makes sense to have guys like him to pair with moore and berrios.  Especially how you can motion any of them into the backfield for the rail route on mesh with the other two crossing.  Really could be fun to play with. 

I do think first and foremost size is what we need right now.  London, Watson, Pierce (in that order for me) then a guy like Doubs would all be really good options for this team to offer a little bit of size to the WR room. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Skyy has a fit in the offense and has enough experience running from the outside to justify his drafting for this offense.  He offers flexibility at least and a little thicker of a build.  If you want to go with a lot of speed and guys that can run the different iterations of mesh that we run it makes sense to have guys like him to pair with moore and berrios.  Especially how you can motion any of them into the backfield for the rail route on mesh with the other two crossing.  Really could be fun to play with. 

I do think first and foremost size is what we need right now.  London, Watson, Pierce (in that order for me) then a guy like Doubs would all be really good options for this team to offer a little bit of size to the WR room. 

Agree. Moore’s inside-out versatility is nice, he moves well, the thicker build is key, I think he’s decent after the catch, and I like that he produced effectively despite being new at the position. Doesn’t hurt he has big mitts.

I still think explosiveness is a bigger need than size but we’ve discussed all that at length. Have still only come around partially on London. Hope he runs this week.

Do you think they’ve thrown in the towel on Mims to the extent fans have?

10 minutes ago, derp said:

Agree. Moore’s inside-out versatility is nice, he moves well, the thicker build is key, I think he’s decent after the catch, and I like that he produced effectively despite being new at the position. Doesn’t hurt he has big mitts.

I still think explosiveness is a bigger need than size but we’ve discussed all that at length. Have still only come around partially on London. Hope he runs this week.

Do you think they’ve thrown in the towel on Mims to the extent fans have?

I think he's more explosive than we give him credit for, but agreed he shouldnt be the only player we add.  with the exception of london those other guys on that list are all explosive and big.  I do agree with you we need speed/explosivety which is why I was a very early advocate of Williams as the top fit for the team. 

If London runs well he's my top fit.  If he doesnt run or runs slow, its a toss up with williams due to the injury. 

In regards to mims.  I think fans are more fed up with him than the organization.  Staff is certainly annoyed at his lack of attention to detail last year and his struggles to really adapt to what they were asking him to do.  But i think everyone realizes the tools he has and is committed to trying to get him better.  If he comes in with a similar attitude this year however, then you can bet they will be looking to move him.  I think last year was a punch in the face to his ego a little bit.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I think he's more explosive than we give him credit for, but agreed he shouldnt be the only player we add.  with the exception of london those other guys on that list are all explosive and big.  I do agree with you we need speed/explosivety which is why I was a very early advocate of Williams as the top fit for the team. 

If London runs well he's my top fit.  If he doesnt run or runs slow, its a toss up with williams due to the injury. 

In regards to mims.  I think fans are more fed up with him than the organization.  Staff is certainly annoyed at his lack of attention to detail last year and his struggles to really adapt to what they were asking him to do.  But i think everyone realizes the tools he has and is committed to trying to get him better.  If he comes in with a similar attitude this year however, then you can bet they will be looking to move him.  I think last year was a punch in the face to his ego a little bit.  

Always being injured and missing the offseason program and training camp can't help. No reason to give up on him, but also not someone you can bank on, either. Athletically, he's obviously what we're looking for anyways.

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2022 at 9:46 AM, GangGreen Machine said:

I think the writing is on the wall Trey Burks is their favorite target early. I would love to see both Burks and Skyy Moore on this team. Skyy kind of reminds me of Golden Tate with his down the field ability as a smaller, stocky WR. 

If we dont go WR in the 1st and we some how double dip in the 2nd with Burks AND Moore I'd be thrilled.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

My NFL comp for Skyy Moore as we head into the draft:

Steve Smith Sr., Golden Tate, Laveranues Coles 

Similar profile: 4.4 speed, under 6’, bulky frame, ultimate competitor, deep threat. 

Skyy is fearless across the middle, has some nasty to his game, and is a rare deep threat for his height and build. Would love this guy at 35 or 38 instead of Watson or Pierce. 

one outlier to these comps is Skyy has massive, massive hands. 

19 minutes ago, Viermoo said:

“To replace Braxton”… I’m amazed at how much hate Beerios gets. As if he wasn’t a really good player last year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Check the timeline of the Berrios signing, friend. He was a FA at the time of my OP. Signed a week later. 

I like Berrios FWIW but like Skyy Moore better… I think they can cohabitate. 

• Sympathy 1

On 3/25/2022 at 1:41 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

She gives excellent lap dances too! @CTM

Hmmmm, the good old days. Since he’s been gone so long the only assumption I can make is Thursday night, folding chairs, strong coffee, stale store bought cookies and tales of tails with everyone feeling just guilty enough to show up, but deep down still miss it. 

• Haha 1