Kayvon Thibodeaux leaves combine early

Just now, mrcoops said:

Hmmmm...

Getting less keen on the idea of picking this guy at 4.

Hutchinson, Johnson, Walker all probably ahead of Thib on an increasing number of boards.

My initial reaction is the same Coops. The story is just unfolding and it seems like a surprise to all that he is leaving. Wow 

• Upvote 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Didn't DEs wrap up yesterday...? I thought today was DBs and kickers.

I am checking and rechecking that what I am watching is "live" lol. Willie McGinist was praising him right as this unfolded and it became awkward real quickly

4 minutes ago, thshadow said:

What was he supposed to be doing today, if he stayed?

He ran the 40, packed his things and left. They are continuing to do shuttle drills and other. The commentators (including MCGinist) were taken back even referencing his self proclaimation if being Clowney 2.0. Initially awkward and not a good look. 

For the "If Kayvon Thibadeaux is there at #4 I am running to the podium" crowd, has this given you any reason to pause? This is giving me Vernon Gholston vibes in the sense of an odd personality leading and decision making up to the draft. I can remember a strong group of supporters stating things like "I dont care about Gholston's personality ect, ect"  Trevon Walker, Ojabo, and Karlaftis just moved up a notch intitally for me. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I am checking and rechecking that what I am watching is "live" lol. Willie McGinist was praising him right as this unfolded and it became awkward real quickly

That was yesterday 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

For the "If Kayvon Thibadeaux is there at #4 I am running to the podium" crowd, has this given you any reason to pause? This is giving me Vernon Gholston vibes in the sense of an odd personality leading and decision making up to the draft. I can remember a strong group of supporters stating things like "I dont care about Gholston's personality ect, ect"  Trevon Walker, Ojabo, and Karlaftis just moved up a notch intitally for me. 

Thibodeaux was number one on my board entering the combine. Gun to my head now I don’t take him at 4. If he slides to 10, maybe I take the risk. But he seems like a major diva. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

That was me previously, but yeah big time pause now. Ghosty vibes are never a good thing. Obviously defer to JD and Co. But Ekwonu/Walker easily better options at 4 for me. And this Sauce talk is growing on me. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

That was yesterday 

Hmmm, thanks Larz, surprisingly I didnt know this yesterday, ooops. Regardless this is possibly a move that changes opinion on this player. Giving me Gholston vibes.Lots of worthy edges in this draft rounds 1-2. I think I am passing on Thib if Im the Jets

• Upvote 2

I would have run to the podium if he’s available, but I also feel the mental profile of a player is incredibly important when teams are shelling out millions so this definitely gives me pause. That said, anyone who’s on the “trade for Calvin Ridley” train needs to sit down if they’re against Kayvon citing the makeup of his mentality.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

Walker is going to be a star that nobody talked about during the draft process because they already expected him to do well & other flashy names took the spotlight. 

Jets should take advantage and get the guy who’s really going to turn into an NFL player.

I get awful, awful vibes from KT.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

11 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Walker I can see but Penning at 10 seems a bit high. 

Highly athletic, nasty ass dude who could play RG or RT and has been ascending for a while now.

Gives you insurance in case Becton flames out, and if the Jets bring in Jensen and get rid of McGovern, could help form the nastiest interior OL in the league along with AVT.

Fant

AVT

Jensen

Penning

Becton

I guarantee we’d start seeing the Jets rip off some big runs up the gut for the first time in a decade and would suddenly start converting those 3rd and shorts at a sky high rate instead of getting stuffed at the line or in the backfield.

We also wouldn’t see the entire OL standing around with their hands on their hips when our prized young QB gets slammed into the turf.

• Upvote 4

Does it matter if he's a diva when he's sacking the QB?

We're Jets fans, do you know who was one of the biggest NFL divas of all time? Joe Namath.

Some other noteworthy NFL divas.

• T.O.
  • Randy Moss
  • Ocho Cinco
  • Deion Sanders
  • Brett Favre
  • Keyshawn Johnson
  • Eric Dickerson
  • Tiki Barber

If his ability is worthy of the #4 overall and he loves football you take the guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I would have run to the podium if he’s available, but I also feel the mental profile of a player is incredibly important when teams are shelling out millions so this definitely gives me pause. That said, anyone who’s on the “trade for Calvin Ridley” train needs to sit down if they’re against Kayvon citing the makeup of his mentality.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Same here Snell. I am surprised at the amount of Jets fans who are declaring "trade for Ridley" and we still dont know what happened woith him last season. New York market difficult enough, we are really going to add someone to this team with mental health  issues that were serious enough that it took him away from the game?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1