THIBS IS THERE AT #4. NOW WHAT?

Thibs is there at #4  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Forget your personal feelings. He’s sitting there. Do the Jets take him at #4?

16 hours ago, genot said:

Any offensive lineman who isn't a tackle would be a reach for us. Doesn't  move the needle, as much as a d- lineman who at the very least would improve our run defense in a significant way. Hamilton yes. Sauce, yes. A safety at #4????. Like I said yesterday. I change my mind every day.

I wouldn’t mind the Travon Walker pick, as at the least he can set the edge and stabilize the line by allowing JFM to move back inside. There is still a possibility he rises above Hutchinson, which would be a gift if he fell to us at 4.  But if they take Walker, they should double dip with a more established pass rusher to back up/hedge on Lawson, who is returning from injury.  That could be a Zadarius Smith in free agency, or an edge after round 1.   This has the feel of a heavy LB draft for the Jets as they will be looking for a mike as well.  I prefer Chad Muma with one of our second round picks.

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Agreed.  Both of the top OL are tackles though.  My problem wth the DL is that after Hutchington, especially with Thibs whacking out theres a big drop off and leaves quite a number of DL who arent that far off from each other.  Now it looks like Neal and Ekwonu will be gone by 4.  Neal may go 1st.  SO it may make a whole lot of sense to take Sauce or Hamilton at 4 and then go WR at  10 and pick one of the DL in the 2nd.

Or maybe not  

I would take Walker. 2nd choice, Sauce. 

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not sure that there’s a chance Sauce is available at 10 while there’s a chance for Walker or a comparable WR at 10 so I’d go Sauce at 4

I can't pass on Walker. He has a ridiculous wingspan. His combine was through the roof. He played for  big time college program. From what I've read. He could have had more than twice as many sacks last year. But for some reason he failed to finish up and quarterbacks avoided the sack. Evidence of that  is the 7 pressures he'd had in the championship  game. No sacks. It the Jets think that could be corrected. How can we pass on him.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, genot said:

I can't pass on Walker. He has a ridiculous wingspan. His combine was through the roof. He played for  big time college program. From what I've read. He could have had more than twice as many sacks last year. But for some reason he failed to finish up and quarterbacks avoided the sack. Evidence of that  is the 7 pressures he'd had in the championship  game. No sacks. It the Jets think that could be corrected. How can we pass on him.

I like Walker quite a bit. But this is an incredible Edge class. Probably the best I have seen. The Jets can pick up a quality edge prospect in the 2nd.

And for the record, I believe Hutch will be there at 4 and Neal plus Icky will be gone.

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

I like Walker quite a bit. But this is an incredible Edge class. Probably the best I have seen. The Jets can pick up a quality edge prospect in the 2nd.

And for the record, I believe Hutch will be there at 4 and Neal plus Icky will be gone.

If Hutch is there at #4, that's who I would probably draft. Even though, walker might a bigger upside. Those other edge guys I like, but I don't believe they're a sur thing in run defense. like Walker Hutch is a safer pick at #4. Neal. No. Let's resign Moses, and start Becton at RT. See how it goes with him. Fatso, that is.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, genot said:

If Hutch is there at #4, that's who I would probably draft. Even though, walker might a bigger upside. Those other edge guys I like, but I don't believe they're a sur thing in run defense. like Walker Hutch is a safer pick at #4. Neal. No. Let's resign Moses, and start Becton at RT. See how it goes with him. Fatso, that is.

My biggest concern with Hutch is his small arms, but he does have a desire to be great and can beat an OT with speed and power.I would take Hutch as well, and may end up to be a Max Crosby type of player.

25 minutes ago, Claymation said:

My biggest concern with Hutch is his small arms, but he does have a desire to be great and can beat an OT with speed and power.I would take Hutch as well, and may end up to be a Max Crosby type of player.

Walker has a freakish wingspan. He missed a bunch of sacks because he was a little bit out of control. He actually needs to slow down once he's in the backfield. That can be taught. He had 7 pressure against Alabama. If he was in control of hi.self more. Might have had three or four sacks. Against Alabama. Think on that.

I'm really shocked at how many people are passing.

He's a good prospect and a premium position. Probably doesn't go top 5 in a better draft but it isn't a better draft. I think he's head and shoulders above the guys who would be realistically there. You're talking about a guy who got pressure on over 10% of his pass rushing plays every single season. The talent is elite.  

I want no part of Hamilton or Stingley. #4 seems too high for Sauce or any of the WR's - And of them may be there at 10. I'd rather reach for a Tackle than a Corner.