Strange Jet Morning in Indy

JTJet

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Couldn't wait to share this with you guys...

Some of you like @TuscanyTile2know I live in Indianapolis, and some of you know that I have a background as an executive chef in the city and most of my time is centered around opening new restaurants locations across the US (calm down @The Crusher). Actually got to make a late dinner for the Giants coaching staff after they won the Superbowl here in Indy against NE. 

Anyways, when I have down time, it's usually for a couple weeks straight instead of 2 days off per week regularly. In that time off sometimes I will fill it with a couple different things, helping my buddy's landscaping biz, or Uber to fund my gun collection.

Which brings us to today. 

I decided to go Uber a couple times last week due to the combine being in town, and this morning I got a request at the Marriott. I pick up a rider named Terry and we start chatting about lots of good restaurants downtown in Indy and then he starts talking combine talk and not wanting the combine to leave Indy (which is the consensus of virtually every single coach and scout in the league). So I casually mention that I'm a Jets fan, and he interrupts me and says "before you keep going, you should know I used to work for the Jets", it immediately clicks in my brain, and I asked, "are you Terry Bradway?". 

Indeed it was. 

He continued to talk about how much admiration he had for the organization. Talked about some of those brutal draft misses, but one thing I thought was cool, was his respect for Woody Johnson. He said when he left the team, Woody had a custom Jets jersey made for him with the number 14 (number of years he was with the team) and had it signed by every single player, coach, and member of the organization. He said Woody is extremely well liked and respected in house for how he treats everyone.

Anyways, thought you guys would like to hear it. 

Some other interesting notes from giving combine rides...

- Not that he would ever go #1 but someone high up in Jax said Kayvon is a POS and he wouldnt draft him top 10. Hearing him talk about it up close actually may have changed my mind about him. 

- One of the Bucs reporters is a gigantic Jets fan. Doesnt tell many people. 

- Jayln Armour Davis was a cool dude, but looks tiny up close, I could snap that dude in two without blinking. 

- Couple people with the Dolphins had some very choice words about Brian Flores. It was pretty bad. 

- I have to personally thank the NFL and their teams for the 3 new firearms I am buying today. 

That is wild.  

You didn't mention the Smizzy thread were he made Bradway a clown did you? I think it was @bitonti that saw Rex Ryan laughing about that on a flight.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Couldn't wait to share this with you guys...

Some of you like @TuscanyTile2know I live in Indianapolis, and some of you know that I have a background as an executive chef in the city and most of my time is centered around opening new restaurants locations across the US (calm down @The Crusher). Actually got to make a late dinner for the Giants coaching staff after they won the Superbowl here in Indy against NE. 

Anyways, when I have down time, it's usually for a couple weeks straight instead of 2 days off per week regularly. In that time off sometimes I will fill it with a couple different things, helping my buddy's landscaping biz, or Uber to fund my gun collection.

Which brings us to today. 

I decided to go Uber a couple times last week due to the combine being in town, and this morning I got a request at the Marriott. I pick up a rider named Terry and we start chatting about lots of good restaurants downtown in Indy and then he starts talking combine talk and not wanting the combine to leave Indy (which is the consensus of virtually every single coach and scout in the league). So I casually mention that I'm a Jets fan, and he interrupts me and says "before you keep going, you should know I used to work for the Jets", it immediately clicks in my brain, and I asked, "are you Terry Bradway?". 

Indeed it was. 

He continued to talk about how much admiration he had for the organization. Talked about some of those brutal draft misses, but one thing I thought was cool, was his respect for Woody Johnson. He said when he left the team, Woody had a custom Jets jersey made for him with the number 14 (number of years he was with the team) and had it signed by every single player, coach, and member of the organization. He said Woody is extremely well liked and respected in house for how he treats everyone.

Anyways, thought you guys would like to hear it. 

Some other interesting notes from giving combine rides...

- Not that he would ever go #1 but someone high up in Jax said Kayvon is a POS and he wouldnt draft him top 10. Hearing him talk about it up close actually may have changed my mind about him. 

- One of the Bucs reporters is a gigantic Jets fan. Doesnt tell many people. 

- Jayln Armour Davis was a cool dude, but looks tiny up close, I could snap that dude in two without blinking. 

- Couple people with the Dolphins had some very choice words about Brian Flores. It was pretty bad. 

- I have to personally thank the NFL and their teams for the 3 new firearms I am buying today. 

I've always wanted to know... Was it indeed true that Bradway was pounding on the table for the Jets to pick Russell Wilson in 2012 instead of Stephen Hill?  Or was it round 1, instead of Coples?

• Upvote 3

Just now, Dcat said:

I've always wanted to know... Was it indeed true that Bradway was pounding on the table for the Jets to pick Russell Wilson in 2012 instead of Stephen Hill?  Or was it round 1, instead of Coples?

Same. I wanted to ask but only so much to go over in a 20 min ride lol

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

It sounds like literally everyone involved with the combine wants it to stay in Indy.   So of course the NFL is considering other cities.

Yeah it's no exaggeration to say that 99% of people involved want it to stay here. Virtually no other city offers the right mix for something like the combine. 

Ease of travel for everyone, smaller downtown area that's walkable, medical facilities right near the stadium, somewhat lower key city, and all the hotels are connected to the convention center and sporting arenas. 

My suspicion is that they may move it, realize their error, and move it back. 

The 1% that wants it to move consists of basically Jerry Jones. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

i don't know about bradway.  he was supposed tobe a scouting guru when he came to the jets and brought in such notables as doug jolley and robertson.  both guys just didn't do very well.  and then, he was replaced with tanny but kept his role as chief scout.  wasn't he there when they drafted gholston?  what were they thinking?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i don't know about bradway.  he was supposed tobe a scouting guru when he came to the jets and brought in such notables as doug jolley and robertson.  both guys just didn't do very well.  and then, he was replaced with tanny but kept his role as chief scout.  wasn't he there when they drafted gholston?  what were they thinking?

He sucked, our team was blessed with some of the most horrid GMs/Scouts... (Tanny was good) 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Heh. I know a LI kid who works in media for the Bucs. Jets fan all the way. Be funny if it was him.

Does he wear gaudy business suits with patterns printed all over it? 

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

This was the first thing I thought about when hearing he met Bradway.

I remember it being actually the 3rd round when we passed on him ---- I could be wrong

And I remember it being literally he threw a desk ---- I could be wrong here too.

Would love to know....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

What I find hard to believe is that you are that accomplished, and yet you UBER lol.... 

Just kidding, thought that might be funny.  Great story.

I'm greedy and I get bored easily. 

When I'm doing a new store open for a restaurant, I'm generally working for about 2 or 3 straight months with minimal days off. Then when it's over, I take a break for a month or two. 

If you know how to use the app and live in an area like Indy, you can clear a grand in 20 hours easily.

Technically I make more money an hour doing Uber than I do in my full time position.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, rangerous said:

Did Bradway pound the table for Matt Ryan?

15 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This was the first thing I thought about when hearing he met Bradway.

I remember it being actually the 3rd round when we passed on him ---- I could be wrong

And I remember it being literally he threw a desk ---- I could be wrong here too.

Would love to know....

Wilson was pick #75 in 2012.  The Jets picked Demario Davis 2 picks later at #77.   So if the pounding on the table story is true, it had to be round 2, the Stephen Hill pick or round 1.  But it can't be round 1, because idiot Rex publicly PROMISED Coples (at the combine IIRC) that he would be the pick if he was there in rd 1.  What a disaster

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JTJet said:

I'm greedy and I get bored easily. 

When I'm doing a new store open for a restaurant, I'm generally working for about 2 or 3 straight months with minimal days off. Then when it's over, I take a break for a month or two. 

If you know how to use the app and live in an area like Indy, you can clear a grand in 20 hours easily.

Technically I make more money an hour doing Uber than I do in my full time position.

I feel like you buried the lede a little, what did you end up buying for the collection? 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

I feel like you buried the lede a little, what did you end up buying for the collection? 

Springfield 1911 Ronin Operator

FN 509 Tactical

Kel-Tec KSG (my 2nd one but in black)

Was going to buy an Aero Builder set, but scalpers buy them all the time and mark them up.