LOL, Browns Franchised David Njoku

According to multiple reports, the Browns have franchise tagged Njoku. The move sets Njoku up to make over $10.9 million for the 2022 season and would leave the door open for the two sides to talk about a longer deal until July 15.

Njoku was the 29th pick of the 2017 draft and is coming off a season that saw him catch 36 passes for 475 yards and four touchdowns in 16 appearances. He has 148 catches for 1,754 yards and 15 touchdowns over his entire run in Cleveland.

Teams have until 4 p.m. ET on March 8 to use franchise tags. Chiefs tackle Orlando Brown and Bengals safety Jessie Bates are also expected to be tagged before that deadline passes.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Franchise tagged their third string tight end? 

Interesting   

Dangling for a trade while keeping him under control?  Not sure but that's the only thing I can think of why you would franchise your #3 TE

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Rumor is both Geisicki and Schultz will also be tagged

I don't think Geisicki's on their radar anyway. I don't focus on him week after week, but he apparently blocks about as well as our young RBs. Maybe worse. 

Schultz will probably get tagged, too, as much as I'd like it to not be so. Releasing/trading Cooper - and Lawrence - will clear up more than enough to tag him, plus some more breathing room, too. If Cooper's traded and Lawrence designated a 6/1 cut they could clear up $35MM for this season. Of course they're 

Gronk's not coming here. 

Everett could be a target. TE would probably be a round 2 priority, though. 

Ertz would be a good old guy-new guy to pair with a day 2 TE. Or maybe Rudolph

Maybe Uzomah, if he's not re-signed. With their sorry-ass OL he probably got a lot of practice blocking lol.

Also Tyler Conklin's a UFA. Meh.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Voice-Over Narrator:  They didn't get Allen Robinson.

By the way, I just have to share this video, which was the origin of this joke for me (many of you have probably seen it, if not, you gotta watch it for the lols):

PS.  NOT Safe for Work, Kids or small Puppies.  You have been warned. :D

The Gunfighter | A Short Film by Eric Kissack (narrated by Nick Offerman)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

The NFLPA has some work to do, but teams are incentivized to franchise good S and TE.   Why invest years of guaranties in them.   Schultz will be franchised too.  

Robinson and Godwin would be year 2 franchisees.  that starts getting expensive.  

If I were the NFLPA, the only positions that should be franchiseable are QB and EDGE. 

7 hours ago, The Troll said:

Soon to be 29 year old Allen Robinson who legit didn’t try last year?

Aging quitters. That will turn things around.

Yessir, Allen Robinson sure would help this team & our QB either way you slice it. Wow, haven’t seen that screen name in a long time. How have you been?

• Sympathy 1