PSA for Revisionists, Haters, and My Quite fan boys:

Zach won the job last season and would have started for anyone that drafted him at number 2.  

All the blubbering and pretending like Zach didn’t play well enough to win the job ignores reality.

Bonus PSA: eVerYOne LoOks Good IN thE PresEAson isn’t true either   

It’s 7 minutes to watch every preseason pass.   

Bonus PSA: 

My Quite looked bad in camp.

Drop The Mic GIF by In Real Life

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Hal N of Provo said:

You like the “they just gave it to Zach for free” narrative.  Are you going to defend it?  
If not stop with the parroting it and acting like it’s an established fact.  It comes up regularly.  

I don't like it at all. He wasn't ready to start with the this brand new offense being installed, No shame in it. 

• Upvote 1

He looked fine in the preseason, that's what hurt so much from game 1 until he came back from injury.  From the time the line fell apart and he forgot how to throw the ball made me confused as to what happened.  I have no issues with him moving forward, I expect professional athletes to work on their game and get better over the course of their career.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Bonus PSA: 

Only PSA that matters:

Zach was appointed the starting QB.  The team avoided any competition for him. 

He earned nothing.  To earn something, you have to compete.  There was no competition.

And the result:  Zach Wilson was the worst QB in the NFL in Year 1.

He must improve materially in Year 2. 

Mike White or no Mike White.

If you REALLY believed in him, you'd be looking forward, not back. 

Because you'd have no doubt he'd prove his doubters wrong in 2022 and beyond.

Obviously, you're just not that sure of him yourself.

tenor.gif?itemid=13603124

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Rarely do you see pre-season brought up to support the worst rated player at their position after the 'actual' season is over.

Anyway, nothing matters except how ZW plays in real games next season.

Uh…. The only thing I brought it up because your little club likes to pretend that Zach was hot garbage and didn’t deserve a chance.  Just targets one of your clubs parroted talking points.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Only PSA that matters:

Zach was appointed the starting QB.  The team avoided any competition for him. 

He earned nothing.  To earn something, you have to compete.  There was no competition.

And the result:  Zach Wilson was the worst QB in the NFL in Year 1.

He must improve materially in Year 2. 

Mike White or no Mike White.

If you REALLY believed in him, you'd be looking forward, not back. 

Because you'd have no doubt he'd prove his doubters wrong in 2022 and beyond.

Obviously, you're just not that sure of him yourself.

tenor.gif?itemid=13603124

You are missing the point of the thread.  

The Zach hater crew makes the same claim over and over and treats it like a known fact.  I’m responding to one of their talking points that isn’t true.  

They claim Zach was hot garbage before the season and it was crazy to let him start.  This isn’t true.

Not even debating Zach as a starter here or his skills.  I’m only pointing out that in camp and preseason he looked good enough to start and learn on the job.  

Refuting one regularly parroted claim.  

—-

edit: in this thread anyway. 

1 minute ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Uh…. The only thing I brought it up because your little club likes to pretend that Zach was hot garbage and didn’t deserve a chance.  Just targets one of your clubs parroted talking points.  

I'd never belong to any club that would have me as a member.

Actually, after JD pulled the trigger on Zach I wanted him to get all the reps possible and to start from day one. The Jets bet the farm on Zach and he should get every chance possible to prove he's a FQB.

3 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Zach won the job last season and would have started for anyone that drafted him at number 2.  

All the blubbering and pretending like Zach didn’t play well enough to win the job ignores reality.

Bonus PSA: 

ronald mcdonald yes GIF by McDonald's CZ/SK

8 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

You are missing the point of the thread.  

The Zach hater crew makes the same claim over and over and treats it like a known fact.  I’m responding to one of their talking points that isn’t true.  

They claim Zach was hot garbage before the season and it was crazy to let him start.  This isn’t true.

Not even debating Zach as a starter here or his skills.  I’m only pointing out that in camp and preseason he looked good enough to start and learn on the job.  

Refuting one regularly parroted claim.  

Can you post all these claims Zach looked bad in pre-season? All I recall was Zach looked like he belonged and everyone drooling over him. The knock was he never played against starters in the pre-season. It was such a talking point that there was an article that pointed out it is a positive that Zach is playing well against 2nd and 3rd tier talent because it is better than what he saw at BYU. IOW, some of the most rediculous arguments were made to defend him, not put him down. 

As a result, Zach Wilson led Jets posted historically bad numbers during the season and Zach has a lot to prove. 

• Upvote 1

Bonus PSA: 

trying to convince ppl online of anything is already a losing battle. 

25 minutes ago, peebag said:

I don't get the argument here.

Zach's the QB going into 2022.  I don't think there's much else to say other than he'll just need to step it up.

Not arguing that.  Arguing against a commonly agreed on history some on JN subscribe to.  It’s more often used to smear JD than Zach actually.  

29 minutes ago, Drums said:

Are you trying to insult Mike White or was that just autocorrect? I genuinely don’t know. 

I like Mike White.  I think he can continue to develop and I’d love to see him back.  I don’t think he’s the conspired against superstar some say he is.  

30 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Can you post all these claims Zach looked bad in pre-season? All I recall was Zach looked like he belonged and everyone drooling over him. The knock was he never played against starters in the pre-season. It was such a talking point that there was an article that pointed out it is a positive that Zach is playing well against 2nd and 3rd tier talent because it is better than what he saw at BYU. IOW, some of the most rediculous arguments were made to defend him, not put him down. 

As a result, Zach Wilson led Jets posted historically bad numbers during the season and Zach has a lot to prove. 

Zach needs a better season this year and I think he will.  This is not about that at all.    

In reply to your bolded question, I regularly see posts that ignore the history of last season and ignore the facts Zach had a good camp and preseason.  I agree with your memory of it.  

I @ you in the other thread. 

You like the “they just gave it to Zach for free” narrative.  Are you going to defend it?  
If not stop with the parroting it and acting like it’s an established fact.  It comes up regularly.  

Well, they kinda did, but they didn't really have any better options with players on the roster. JD thought that other positions were more necessary than backup QB, and the reasoning makes sense.

They didn't draft him at #2 to be backup, but they also have to recognize that giving players positions for free doesn't turn out well, even with hardworking players. Especially with Zach, QBs like him are competitive and need somebody to challenge the spot he's given. That's why I think he played so much better after the injury - because Mike White and Joe Flacco showed that what he had been doing wasn't good enough. Give him competition and he will play better.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Does anyone know @Hal N of Provo address? I want to contact the police for a wellness check. 

As long as the police wear a salad bowl on their head while they visit that’s fine.   

I hate to force the helmets on others, but it protects me from mind control ray scatter, so I must insist.  

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Not arguing that.  Arguing against a commonly agreed on history some on JN subscribe to.  It’s more often used to smear JD than Zach actually.  

I like Mike White.  I think he can continue to develop and I’d love to see him back.  I don’t think he’s the conspired against superstar some say he is.  

Zach needs a better season this year and I think he will.  This is not about that at all.    

In reply to your bolded question, I regularly see posts that ignore the history of last season and ignore the facts Zach had a good camp and preseason.  I agree with your memory of it.  

I @ you in the other thread. 

This is a creation in your own mind. Nobody said he was not good in pre-season (like that even means anything)

Saying he wasn't  ready to start the regular season is 100% accurate. Zach was a bottom of the league QB. How can you argue it was the right thing to do starting him. That is an insane position. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is a creation in your own mind. Nobody said he was not good in pre-season (like that even means anything)

Saying he wasn't  ready to start the regular season is 100% accurate. Zach was a bottom of the league QB. How can you argue it was the right thing to do starting him. That is an insane position. 

After the preseason and camp he had who is going to sit him?