Report: Steelers Trying to Trade for Aaron Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Pittsburgh and Tomlin know that you have to have a franchise QB.

Will be interesting if this came off to see what Pittsburgh would be willing to pay.  I'd be asking for tj watt in any deal.

Do you need a stud QB if you have a system in place? All of our backup QBs excelled with LaFleur.  Winston, Bridgewater and Trubisky will hsve sucess with the Steelers.  Trading core  players for Rodgers seems quite desperate and overrated move. He chokes during the playoffs, simply not worth it .

32 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Do you need a stud QB if you have a system in place? All of our backup QBs excelled with LaFleur.  Winston, Bridgewater and Trubisky will hsve sucess with the Steelers.  Trading core  players for Rodgers seems quite desperate and overrated move. He chokes during the playoffs, simply not worth it .

You do not need a franchise guy to have one year of success.  You need a franchise guy to have long term make the playoffs each year success.

I also disagree with you about the players you mention, success, maybe .500

The Packers have won 13 games the last three years., we will see what they do with Love at Qb.

Packers will pillage the Steelers.  And who knows...neither team may be better off if trade gets done.   

In the end...Rodgers will have less talent to compete with...as Steelers QB...then he's had with Packers.  Chiefs-Bills-Bengals-Chargers all have elite type QBs and capable of a run to the Supe.   And the Titans were just a QB away (or a healthy Derrick Henry?) from getting there too. 

Good luck A'Rod...in trying to further build your legacy in the AFC.     

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Packers are going to sign Mike White based on the LaFleur connection and Jets fan White-deniers are going to spend the next calendar year scream-crying into their couch cushions. 

Yeah, teams are breaking the door down for a chance at the imaginary hero that is Mike White.

If I were Aaron, I'd find a way to get to the Titans. I'd imagine they are upset with how Tannehill handled that playoffgame with 3 INTs. LaFleur used to be OC there, they are win now - not sure how you make the money work but that would be a top destination if it were me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’d say we could trade them Zach Wilson, but they already drafted a bust QB who played college ball in Utah. 

And anyone who covers the game would tell you that the Packers would jump on that trade.  

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And anyone who covers the game would tell you that the Packers would jump on that trade.  

The Packers have the 28th pick in the first round. It’d be a tough pill to swallow, but something is better than nothing, I guess.

11 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Doesn’t make sense to me - I’d give up picks and defensive talent before I gave away Claypool.

Feel like dude was ready to breakout if Ben had any juice left.

With Rodgers? Claypool might have a vintage TO type season.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It was mostly a joke. Like the Steelers would have to trade everything to get Rodgers.

• Upvote 1