Jets LB Quincy Williams gets nice raise after breakout season

Bronx

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Almost histrionically awful defense and run defense.

Sign williams!  He was great!

Back pat leader mosley!

Sign JFM!

We need to resign that star Futasaki!

Guess we should start dumping every player from the D now. 

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He was the sole reason the run defense was sh*t & apparently every coach on the staff knows it & acknowledged it.

Yeah I heard the same thing but it’s not like the Jets had a lot of other healthy options and he wasn’t there for training camp - and he did get a raise so the Jets liked something about him.

24 minutes ago, Drums said:

He earned it. They're not paying him for what he did, they're paying him because they see potential. He stood out more than his brother this year.

My understanding is they're not necessarily paying him anything, really, or anyway this raise is not because they felt like it.

It's a league-mandated raise for 4th year players on cheap rookie contracts, like Quincy W is/was on; not a raise the Jets decided to give him as part of some new re-signing or extension.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

My understanding is they're not necessarily paying him anything, really, or anyway this raise is not because they felt like it.

It's a league-mandated raise for 4th year players on cheap rookie contracts, like Quincy W is/was on; not a raise the Jets decided to give him as part of some new re-signing or extension.

I stand corrected. Didn't know the PPE existed but it seems fair

Dude played his ass off he deserves it and he's a keeper. I'm not saying he's a World Shaker, but he's better than half the clowns that have been here for the last decade.

Also I think there's a little something to it that he plays on the same team as his Brother? If you saw the thing where their Grandmother came and watched them play together you know what I mean.

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Dude played his ass off he deserves it and he's a keeper. I'm not saying he's a World Shaker, but he's better than half the clowns that have been here for the last decade.

Also I think there's a little something to it that he plays on the same team as his Brother? If you saw the thing where their Grandmother came and watched them play together you know what I mean.

This also means he's worse than half the clowns who've been here for the past decade of losing, no? ;) 

He's fine for a backup + situational player. Plus also allow that he can & should improve with more experience (and more time in the same system specifically), but he's not someone I'd be excited to see the team really invest in as a future starter. Not at this point anyway, where this mandated bump is about all I could get behind paying him. I get the need for depth, but if you keep overpaying $1.5MM apiece for enough backups and they quickly add up to robbing the team of turning 1-2 $8MM meh veteran starters into $17MM elite ones. 

He plays hard & seems to never stop running or give up on plays, so I'll give him that, and this will (justifiably) always make many fans sympathetic towards keeping him & overlooking his flaws. It makes a player really likable, in a league of divas who take plays off when they're not the focus.

But I can also see why he got cut. By the Jaguars. With 2 years left on a dirt-cheap rookie contract. 

• Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So, could they cut him and not pay it?

22 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Guess we should start dumping every player from the D now. 

How else would you improve it, other than replacing poor players with better players?

Let me rephrase: 

Which starting players on our Franchise-history-worst 2021 Defense would you be ok with replacing with new players? Specifically.

16 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This also means he's worse than half the clowns who've been here for the past decade of losing, no? ;) 

He's fine for a backup + situational player. Plus also allow that he can & should improve with more experience (and more time in the same system specifically), but he's not someone I'd be excited to see the team really invest in as a future starter. Not at this point anyway, where this mandated bump is about all I could get behind paying him. I get the need for depth, but if you keep overpaying $1.5MM apiece for enough backups and they quickly add up to robbing the team of turning 1-2 $8MM meh veteran starters into $17MM elite ones. 

He plays hard & seems to never stop running or give up on plays, so I'll give him that, and this will (justifiably) always make many fans sympathetic towards keeping him & overlooking his flaws. It makes a player really likable, in a league of divas who take plays off when they're not the focus.

But I can also see why he got cut. By the Jaguars. With 2 years left on a dirt-cheap rookie contract. 

Well said, as per usual.

44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

How else would you improve it, other than replacing poor players with better players?

Let me rephrase: 

Which starting players on our Franchise-history-worst 2021 Defense would you be ok with replacing with new players? Specifically.

We were one of if not the youngest team playing the most rookies.  They will hopefully get better, that’s the way it works especially when one is you QB.

You also take into account injuries and who was injured.  You lose a starting Cb, 2 starting LBs, both starting Ss and a couple of DL, you’re going to struggle.  The D played well enough early.

You don’t just dump everyone and start again.  

On 3/8/2022 at 4:36 PM, rangerous said:

quincy certainly brought some enthusiasm to game.  he made some nice stops and came pretty close to making some game changing interceptions.  good for him.  now they cut the ever injured cashman and jarrod davis.

I hope his All Bullsh!t, doesn't hustle brother is on the bus out of town with them