Russell Wilson -> Broncos

1 minute ago, PFSIKH said:

Wow.

This makes no sense for Seattle.  Keep the QB; get rid of the HC and GM.  He is the only thing keeping this team quasi relevant. It is not the getting progressively worse D.  

Well, the GM and HC aren't gonna fire themselves...

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw he was part of the trade. Would be a great get. 

He's played two seasons and is still on his rookie deal.  He's perfect for a rebuilding team like Seattle. Why would they move him?  If they didn't want him, they would have traded for another player on the Broncos.

8 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Wow.

This makes no sense for Seattle.  Keep the QB; get rid of the HC and GM.  He is the only thing keeping this team quasi relevant. It is not the getting progressively worse D.  

I don't think Wilson wanted to stay. He wasn't going to be part of a rebuild and the front office and GM and coaches knew it.

42 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lockett works for me! Sign me up. That man's a beast. 

Locket is 29 - the new cliff for NFL receivers. No thanks. Only one receiver over 29 finished in the top 25 in 2021 - Keenan Allen. I'm an agist.  I want young players. Lockett is too old.  Let an established team with a closing window take him.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Is it? They gave up like 50% of a Russel Wilson for Jamal. 

I think the growing discontent between Wilson and Carroll is the story here. The fact that Carroll and his regime stupidly traded two first round picks for a box safety is part of that but a fairly small part in the big picture.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

But the giants are a huge qb needy team.  The sell is, if you want a qb you must jump ahead of the giants.  Does anyone really think they’re sticking with jones beyond this season?

yes only because this QB class is not to hot looking. maybe that changes after there pro days.

it would suck to force yourself to pick a QB this year and then next year you find out the QB class is much better.

beside Jones was hurt most of the year. there is a good chance they might want to see what he can do under DaBolls offense.

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

that's an amazing trade.  wilson will give denver possibly their best qb ever.

Not likely Elway was much better. Plus Wilson is showing signs of age. Might get 2 possibly 3 years of good QB play 

• Upvote 2

I think it's the right move for Seattle.  They squeezed everything they could out of Wilson won a SB and are in full rebuild.  Wilson is a great QB but he has also taken an amazing amount of physical punishment including mutiple concussions.   Denver is in full blown win now move and I don't think Wilson has enough left in the tank to get to the top of that division.  

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

He's played two seasons and is still on his rookie deal.  He's perfect for a rebuilding team like Seattle. Why would they move him?  If they didn't want him, they would have traded for another player on the Broncos.

I don't know Joe White Shoes. I'm not in the Seattle or NYJ front offices. I'm saying Noah Fant is an interesting player and it be a great get if we somehow ended up with him. I'll leave it to the folks who get paid to determine if that's a viable possibility. 

47 minutes ago, KRL said:

Lockett definitely fits the profile of a vet WR who has been highly productive:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2577327/tyler-lockett

The type of player that has helped Allen in BUF (Diggs) and Murray in ARZ (Hopkins)

I'm a big no for Lockett - especially if it means giving up picks. He's bordering on old in WR years, and while he's always had ability, even with a borderline future HoFer throwing him the ball, he'd disappear in far too many games over the years. 

At their best, Diggs was a level above Lockett, and Hopkins was a full tier above them both. Both were younger when they got traded too. Not exactly apples to apples on the comps. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1