DK Metcalf

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

You guys still talking about crushing out cap are you serious?  The Jets have carried over more money in cap space then god himself the last bunch of years.  IDC about that sh*t it’s funny money they all figured a way around the cap stop using it as an excuse.

Yes if he was 27-28 no deal go roll dice with one of the WR’s in this draft, but his isn’t he only 24 and quite possibly the most dominant big WR in the game.

Talk cap garbage elsewhere ridiculous.

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF
jetnation has so many capologists it’s humorous. 

“no way we can spend X on a player” 

“no way team X can handle keeping this player because their 50 mil over the cap….” 2 contract adjustments later 15 mil under cap

this site is so funny at times. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

“no way team X can handle keeping this player because their 50 mil over the cap….” 2 contract adjustments later 15 mil under cap

Exactly thank you.  See Packers Rodgers Adams.

• Post of the Week 1

17 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Those owners either have a franchise QB or know he doesn’t want to play for them.

And if an owner doesn’t have a franchise QB how exactly does anyone know he doesn’t want to play for them.   It will be three years minimum of not throwing a NFL pass and a lot of disgusting behavior since he sat on his high horse pointing to his no trade clause.  He might not have a choices

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Guys with that kind of high end talent do not just get dealt for no reason.  Metcalf is the type of guy we need no doubt, big physical bully wr.  The only issue is that he was showing signs of becoming Antonio Brown last year.

Maybe...DK reuniting with his lil Bro Elijah...just might calm him down and bring him back to Mother Earth..  

EM needs to talk to his big bro...get him excited...on being part of a dynamic duo...bringing back glory to the NYJ...with a Lombardi Trophy.  

Convince DK...there's nothin like being King Of New York.  

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

This really needs to happen. We need this guy! 

Would you guys do this? 

Seattle receives:

4th Overall Pick + 2022 2nd round pick + Mims for 9th overall pick and DK? 

Why in the world would Seattle agree to that.  Ill trade you a dollar for $100 if you want....

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

Why in the world would Seattle agree to that.  Ill trade you a dollar for $100 if you want....

Their current QB is Geno Smith. If they move up to 4, they can essentially pick the QB they like the most. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Their current QB is Geno Smith. If they move up to 4, they can essentially pick the QB they like the most. 

No QB is going in the top 5.  They can get their choice of QB at 9 more then likely.  I know we fleeced them with the Jamal trade but the scenario you put out is beyond ridiculous. 

10 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

No QB is going in the top 5.  They can get their choice of QB at 9 more then likely.  I know we fleeced them with the Jamal trade but the scenario you put out is beyond ridiculous. 

Alright it might’ve been bad but it’s not as bad as you make it. 

DK Metcalf or for the same price, Cooper plus possibly the best WR in the draft? 

Metcalf is a 900 yard receiver without an all-pro QB throwing to him and we don’t have one. I’d rather go with Cooper and a potential all-pro at #10

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

No. Their current QB is Drew Lock. And they can probably draft the QB of their choice at 9. If they REALLY like a rookie QB they have a ton of ammo to move up for him.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

Maybe...DK reuniting with his lil Bro Elijah...just might calm him down and bring him back to Mother Earth..  

EM needs to talk to his big bro...get him excited...on being part of a dynamic duo...bringing back glory to the NYJ...with a Lombardi Trophy.  

Convince DK...there's nothin like being King Of New York.  

Jarvis Landry tried to do this w/ Odell and it didnt work.  Being around your friends doesnt take the "crazy' out of you.  There is no need for DK Metcalf here when we can take the best receiver in the draft at 10.

• Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jarvis Landry tried to do this w/ Odell and it didnt work.  Being around your friends doesnt take the "crazy' out of you.  There is no need for DK Metcalf here when we can take the best receiver in the draft at 10.

And if we the guy we draft at #10 busts then what? We already whiffed on Mims with a premium pick. DKs averaging over 1k yards a year and over 9 TDs. That’s not someone who’s easy to find 

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

They traded Russell Wilson for a boatload of picks, released Bobby wagner and didn't tag Diggs. 

Those are signs that the team is rebuilding. Metcalf is still young and if you are drafting a young QB this year you probably want  a talent like Metcalf on your roster. But if they are doing a reset, they may prefer to draft WRs that they have under rookie deals. There are also reports that he is a bit of a headcase which isn't great when you are rebuilding around a rookie QB. 

I wouldn’t be so sure.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lol as if any of those WR prospects are as good as DK Metcalf. Guy had a twitter match with Skip Bayless, so freaking what. He’s 24 on the last year of his rookie year and he’s one hell of a WR, PROVEN.

32 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I wouldn’t be so sure.

Yeah their offense screams we ain’t blowing sh*t up Lockett DK the RB and now Fant, I posted in the OP I thought they may have a back up plan to get a Franchise QB instead of blowing sh*t up.  This makes a ton of sense to me.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah their offense screams we ain’t blowing sh*t up Lockett DK the RB and now Fant, I posted in the OP I thought they may have a back up plan to get a Franchise QB instead of blowing sh*t up.  This makes a ton of sense to me.

So they will trade back all of the picks they just acquired and then some for Watson? I don’t see it happening 

6 hours ago, Stark said:

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

This, the salary cap is sort of a farce. Only a buffoon loses players because of it.

• Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean fans had their hopes up for Njoko, Schultz, and Ridley who are all goners now. Everyone else is in play realistically. I personally feel they should make an all out push for Cooper. We will see what happens next week

We'll shoot for Amari but end up with Riley.

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

And if we the guy we draft at #10 busts then what? We already whiffed on Mims with a premium pick. DKs averaging over 1k yards a year and over 9 TDs. That’s not someone who’s easy to find 

Taking a guy at the backend of round 2 and taking the best receive in the draft at 10 is not even comparable.

Instead of thinking what if he busts, how about thinking what if hes twice as good as DK?

15 hours ago, mrcoops said:

If we can trade Carolina's 4th rounder for Cooper, then we get a proven #1 WR for the reasonable price of $20M a year.

Plus, we can say we traded Sam Darnold for Amari Cooper, Brandin Echols and whoever we pick with the Panther's 2nd rounder this year.

Win-win.

Only problem is Cooper is not a number #1 WR. He's a good WR top end number 2 IMHO but he's not going to come in here and be the focal point of this offense. Also there is no need to offer 4th round picks for a guy who will be on the street soon. If teams really wanted him @ 20 mil a trade would have been made by a contender who was in need for a top end number 2 guy and that did not happen.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I used the word..."maybe".  It can work on some...and not on others.  But one thing I know for sure.  DK is a legit #1 stud of a wideout.  And I'd trade for him in a heartbeat.

Get on that phone JD.  And swindle the Seahawks one more time...por favor!

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Only problem is Cooper is not a number #1 WR. He's a good WR top end number 2 IMHO but he's not going to come in here and be the focal point of this offense. Also there is no need to offer 4th round picks for a guy who will be on the street soon. If teams really wanted him @ 20 mil a trade would have been made by a contender who was in need for a top end number 2 guy and that did not happen.

He would still be by far the best offensive weapon the Jets have. The fact that he could improve Zach is worth the gamble. And if it’s a 4th, It saves us from drafting another James Morgan

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

He’s the epitome of a #1 WR.  5 of his 7 seasons of over 1,000 yards and near misses the other 2 say you’re underrating him.