DK Metcalf

14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol as if any of those WR prospects are as good as DK Metcalf. Guy had a twitter match with Skip Bayless, so freaking what. He’s 24 on the last year of his rookie year and he’s one hell of a WR, PROVEN.

A few of these kids are much better prospects the DK was coming out.  There a reason DK went in the 2nd round.  Garrett Wilson is an ELITE prospect and is going to tear up this league.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah because of his slow 3 cone… which is the most overrated drill in terms of showing separation skills when cutting.

He was talked about as a top 10 pick before the 3 cone/combine if I remember correctly. Crazy what 1 drill can do to your stock 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

He was talked about as a top 10 pick before the 3 cone/combine if I remember correctly. Crazy what 1 drill can do to your stock 

You remember correctly. That 4.3 sky rocketed him and the 3 cone killed him. Scout were vocally sorry for missing on him for that drill. It made no difference when he actually got out there and played rookie year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Anything short of humiliating us in a deal for Metcalf isn’t happening. No way they make close anything to a reasonable dealing considering the absolute clobbering Douglas gave that franchise over the Adans deal. Simply not happening. That resource has dried up. 

That’s my guess, as well. 

• Upvote 1

A few of these kids are much better prospects the DK was coming out.  There a reason DK went in the 2nd round.  Garrett Wilson is an ELITE prospect and is going to tear up this league.

There’s always prospects that we’re better prospects than current elite prospects, just about the dumbest argument ever. Hell, just about every college QB ever was a better prospect than Tom Brady. DK Metcalf has proven himself to be a dominant force at WR and is arguable top 5 and definitely top 10, but remember great players cost too much and we’ll never be so greatly under the cap if we sign elite players.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

The Jets also fleeced Schneider on SR.

My guess is that the data generally shows that WRs decline pretty rapidly.  The Seahawks' window has closed, and they need to be rebuilding.  They should be trading the older of Metcalf or Lockett for draft picks.  

On 3/24/2022 at 8:21 AM, The Crusher said:

Anything short of humiliating us in a deal for Metcalf isn’t happening. No way they make close anything to a reasonable dealing considering the absolute clobbering Douglas gave that franchise over the Adans deal. Simply not happening. That resource has dried up. 

exactly. he at least has to get his #1 back from us. and there is no way JD does that when he didnt even have to give up one for hill.

• Upvote 1

On 3/10/2022 at 8:02 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

I really like Wilson - but it’s statements like this that discredit public discourse on the topic.

Elite?… what else is elite, smoked ham? Clean laundry? 

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2022 at 10:53 PM, Beerfish said:

Guys with that kind of high end talent do not just get dealt for no reason.  Metcalf is the type of guy we need no doubt, big physical bully wr.  The only issue is that he was showing signs of becoming Antonio Brown last year.

Tyreke hill literally just got traded

17 hours ago, Paradis said:

I really like Wilson - but it’s statements like this that discredit public discourse on the topic.

Elite?… what else is elite, smoked ham? Clean laundry? 

There is nothing better than sitting around the dining room table with clean laundry on and stuffing your face with smoked ham...prove me wrong.prove me wrong gordon ramsay GIF by MasterChef Junior

• Post of the Week 1