Pro Day Updates

Lith

1 hour ago, Stark said:

I mean he didn't train for it. he was just trying to be able to run and have a pro day. 

40 times are not the end all be all. guy was gps'd at 21 mph in a game wearing pads, he's gonna be fine. he's not a short 185 lb burner. 

To each his own. A prospect that has speed questions and doesn't run a 40 is too risky of a proposition for me at 10, but I understand if other people have a different opinion. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Stark said:

I mean he didn't train for it. he was just trying to be able to run and have a pro day. 

40 times are not the end all be all. guy was gps'd at 21 mph in a game wearing pads, he's gonna be fine. he's not a short 185 lb burner. 

Daniel Jones famously hit 21.23 MPH on a run in a game and he clocked 4.81 in the 40

F6DC1C0D-0BD2-4BD2-BC04-FCCAEFAF00A0.png

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think I'd be okay with a Keenan Allen type WR at #10.  That's maybe a better comp than Evans.

Yeah if I knew I was getting Keenan Allen at ten I’d absolutely take it. There are some differences but I do think that’s closer to what London might be, certainly more than the downfield guys.

I'll take Jameson williams over london at 10 in a heartbeat. 

I'll take a guy that will beat the opposing db and can take a 5 yard pass and score over the big guy that cannot beat the other guy and wins by out jumping him.

Now best case?  Sure London could be one of these great Brandon marshall type big guys but I am very leery.

1 hour ago, derp said:

Yeah if I knew I was getting Keenan Allen at ten I’d absolutely take it. There are some differences but I do think that’s closer to what London might be, certainly more than the downfield guys.

What if it’s more like a tad slower AJ Green

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Didn't AJ Green run like a 4.48?  He will be lucky to be within 3 tenths.  I get people like comparisons but I thought Green was supposed to be like the best WR prospect since Moss and Megatron.

Yeah he was close to 4.5 official. 

I mean when you got a guy that’s been tagged running 21.4 in full pads that was dominant for the games he played and had played in the slot I guess I don’t care about that 40 time as much as everyone. Same as Burks. Watch the games. It’s faster than the spandex Olympic times 

12 minutes ago, Stark said:

Yeah he was close to 4.5 official. 

I mean when you got a guy that’s been tagged running 21.4 in full pads that was dominant for the games he played and had played in the slot I guess I don’t care about that 40 time as much as everyone. Same as Burks. Watch the games. It’s faster than the spandex Olympic times 

Burks created big plays in college games running away from guys and London absolutely did not. I agree 40’s are overrated but there’s a big difference between a guy who showed speed in college not putting up a great time and a guy who didn’t show speed in college not running at all. You don’t need to be fast to be a good NFL receiver but speed absolutely dictates roles to an extent.

• Upvote 1

Just now, derp said:

I don’t see the comparison, personally. Green had a downfield game, London hasn’t shown that at all.

Fair I’m not even trying to say he should be the the pick. Just this “he didn’t run a 40” he’s not worth discussing is dumb IMO. 

really my only point  he looked fine in the workouts lateral movements seemed normal 

1 minute ago, derp said:

Burks created big plays in college games running away from guys and London absolutely did not. I agree 40’s are overrated but there’s a big difference between a guy who showed speed in college not putting up a great time and a guy who didn’t show speed in college not running at all. You don’t need to be fast to be a good NFL receiver but speed absolutely dictates roles to an extent.

You’re right. Speed does dictate roles. He’s not a speed guy. All we heard after Burks 40 On the board was, well he’s too slow. And no he’s not. Even Burks and London have 2 different styles. 

1 hour ago, Stark said:

You’re right. Speed does dictate roles. He’s not a speed guy. All we heard after Burks 40 On the board was, well he’s too slow. And no he’s not. Even Burks and London have 2 different styles. 

To be honest I think you’re seeing something that’s not there with the board getting worried about 40 times, but maybe I get annoyed by all the consternation about taking guys with good athletic testing. I think we all get stuck on different things and there are plenty of bad takes here.

I think the Jets need and value guys who can threaten teams downfield - you don’t need to be a burner to do that, but London hasn’t shown he can. I could see them taking London and then trying to acquire a more traditional X receiver in a different way though.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'll take Jameson williams over london at 10 in a heartbeat. 

I'll take a guy that will beat the opposing db and can take a 5 yard pass and score over the big guy that cannot beat the other guy and wins by out jumping him.

Now best case?  Sure London could be one of these great Brandon marshall type big guys but I am very leery.

London plays tough, but I have questions about how much of the YAC will transfer over because he is just so thin. Marshall looked a lot more physically imposing than London. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, maury77 said:

London plays tough, but I have questions about how much of the YAC will transfer over because he is just so thin. Marshall looked a lot more physically imposing than London. 

I absolutely agree London should get bigger to play the style that suits him, but I think he should have no problem getting there. Don’t think he’s thin, definitely smaller than Marshall, but he’s only 10-15 pounds off. And he was training for two sports until like a year ago and us not even 21 yet.

• Upvote 1

Aaron Wilson ⁦‪@AaronWilson_NFL‬⁩

Columbia University All-Ivy League corner-KR Will Allen Jr. worked out privately for New York Jets and Miami Dolphins, per a league source. Allen's father, Will Allen Sr., is a former New York Giants first-round draft pick: ⁦‪@PFN365‬⁩ #Jets #Dolphins 

4/16/22, 8:37 PM

On 4/15/2022 at 3:13 PM, kdels62 said:

21 MPH puts him in 4.5 almost 4.4 speed. The closer this draft gets the more I’m starting to feel like London is the only surefire receiver in this draft class. He’s the only receiver with an elite skill on top of being good at everything (Jameson Williams’s speed is another elite trait tho).

I'm not sure how valid the sources are, but there are a few sites claiming London was running 4.48 prior to the injury for what it's worth.

https://www.thesportsgeek.com/blog/the-best-2022-nfl-combine-bets-odds-and-predictions/amp/

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/nfl-scouting-report-usc-drake-london

His trainer TJ said he anticipated London running a high 4.4 to low 4.5 if he ran it on Friday. 

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/17/drake-london-has-been-training-with-former-pac-12-nfl-wide-receiver/

Not a pro day but...

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL

Northwestern State wide receiver Kendrick Price (38 vertical, 10-9 broad jump, 4.52 40-yard dash) has steady interest from Saints, Seahawks, Jets, Chiefs, Colts, Chargers, Jaguars, Raiders, Rams

• 2 weeks later...

For Saturday via PFN:

Half of the NFL represented at West Florida Pro Day 

The name D’Anthony Bell does not mean much to those outside the scouting community, but the small-school safety from West Florida was graded as a PFA before the season. That’s why more than a dozen teams traveled to the Sunshine State for his pro day. 

In total, 14 teams showed up for Bell’s pro day, including the Philadelphia Eagles, New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, and Jacksonville Jaguars. 

The safety measured 6’1″, 211 pounds. His 40 time clocked 4.45 seconds, the short shuttle in the 4.29, and the three-cone in the 6.9s. Bell completed 18 reps on the bench, touched 36 inches in the vertical jump and 10’9″ in the broad jump.