Sauce at 4 he won’t be there at 10

I am 100% convinced that if a player has catchy nickname their draft value increases a lot by fans.

Remember how good Teez Tabour was going to be?

Gardner is pretty good and TinFoil is probably correct, he probably will not last to 10 but that does not mean we have to take him at 4.

I'll be disappointed if we took him due to how todays NFL is but I'd sure rather have him than Hamilton or Trayvon Walker.

• Upvote 4

Even though the Saleh defense supposedly does not need elite CBs, which i do not believe, I believe that Sauce is likely to be the player that makes the biggest difference in the Jets' play-the player at 4 who is going to make the biggest difference in their record.  That is assuming we believe that Thib is a headcase.  

Sauce will not make it to 10.  Wilson, Walker or Jermaine Johnson will make it to 10.  

• Upvote 4

I really like Sauce and would have no problem taking him at 4 if they thought he won't be there at 10. That said I think because of the Ridley situation and the Seahawk situation we should go Edge at 4. I don't think either is a threat to take Sauce anymore

I also want to see "WR1 gets lost in the Sauce"

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I am 100% convinced that if a player has catchy nickname their draft value increases a lot by fans.

Gardner is pretty good and TinFoil is probably correct, he probably will not last to 10 but that does not mean we have to take him at 4.

I'll be disappointed if we took him due to how todays NFL is but I'd sure rather have him than Hamilton or Trayvon Walker.

See the same issue. I think he's a great prospect and a complete player.

I also think it doesn't matter much with the way the game is officiated. 

Coverage is impossible. 

• Upvote 4

@AFJF and I had a conversation today and we both said the same thing. Sauce isn't going to be there at 10.  Taking him at 4 is looking like the pick.

Free agency shapes things but with so many needs, they aren't going to spend on a CB in free agency. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, TinFoil said:

I think the Sauce should be the pick at 4. He won’t be there at 10 in my opinion. 
thoughts?

If Thib or Hutchinson isn't available then this is a slam dunk. If they want to draft Ekwonu, I would be fine with that but only if the plan is to start him at LT. But Sauce must be the pick if we don't go the other routes. 10th is a position to draft the 1st or 2nd WR off the board.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Quentin Jammer. The perfect CB name doesn’t exis…

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

There is no such thing as a shut down corner in today's NFL. And even if there were, with 3-4 WR sets, it doesn't make much difference any more.  Defense is all about getting to the QB.  A CB at 4 is a wasted pick IMO.   

Sack for loss > Pass Deflected 

sack fumble > interception 

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Gardiner at #4

Hamilton at #10

Our roster is terrible. We need help everywhere. Don’t make this harder than it is. Just take the two best players in round 1. Same thing in round 2. Then rinse and repeat.

I think teams are realizing sacks for a loss, QB hurries/hits, batted balls, and strip sacks are far more game changing than passes deflected and interceptions.

Heck some deep ball interceptions are glorified punts in a way.

I’d love to have a couple guys with 10+ sacks, several batted balls and a couple forced fumbles than a  DB group with 5-8 interceptions and a handful of batted balls. 

1 hour ago, GangGreen Machine said:

I think teams are realizing sacks for a loss, QB hurries/hits, batted balls, and strip sacks are far more game changing than passes deflected and interceptions.

Heck some deep ball interceptions are glorified punts in a way.

I’d love to have a couple guys with 10+ sacks, several batted balls and a couple forced fumbles than a  DB group with 5-8 interceptions and a handful of batted balls. 

I’m not saying a good edge isn’t important, I’m saying we need help everywhere.
As long as that’s the case, I want the two best players in the draft at #4 & 10, and I think Gardiner and Hamilton are those two guys. A lock down secondary can only help a pass rush, no?

No player(s) we take in the 1st round are going to give us a winning record this year anyway. We can’t afford gambles. We need to draft “can’t miss guys”, and stockpile as much talent as we can, as quickly as we can because right now we’re similar to an expansion team. When that changes, we can look to draft positionally.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

As long as that’s the case, I want the two best players in the draft at #4 & 10, and I think Gardiner and Hamilton are those two guys. A lock down secondary can only help a pass rush, no?

No player(s) we take in the 1st round are going to give us a winning record this year anyway. We can’t afford gambles. We need to draft “can’t miss guys”, and stockpile as much talent as we can, as quickly as we can because right now we’re similar to an expansion team. When that changes, we can look to draft positionally.

In a league that has rendered pass defense virtually impossible, using one of the two early picks on a DB would be stupid. Using both on DBs would be absurdly and ridiculously stupid.   

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

A lock down secondary isn’t what the NFL is about anymore unfortunately. I wish it was still that way but it just isn’t. Coordinators scheme guys open now.

I’ll take a million Aaron Donald’s and TJ watts over any Trevon diggs or Stephon Gilmore’s in this day and age. 

• Upvote 2

It would be ridiculous to pass on Hutch or Walker, for Gardner, when you can draft a pass rusher and a corner who might be just as good as Gardner at 10. McDuffie.  He's 2 inches shorter. Not a disqualifier. He's just as good as Gardner.

• Upvote 3

i wouldnt pick a CB at 4 or 10. 

Hall and MC2 were pretty good. but if you cant get to the QB and give him all day to throw, either one of them or Gardner wont be able to cover the WR for long. the way they call penalties on CBs now im not sure teams get coverage sacks anymore.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

@AFJF and I had a conversation today and we both said the same thing. Sauce isn't going to be there at 10.  Taking him at 4 is looking like the pick.

Free agency shapes things but with so many needs, they aren't going to spend on a CB in free agency. 

I’ll have to think about it 

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

We need to draft him just so we can say the opposing WR is covered with sauce. 

Done! 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Eli Apple anyone?