Latest Offseason Mock Post-Combine

Resign: 

QB - Joe Flacco - 1 Year Deal 

OG - Laurent Duvernay-Tardif - 2 Year Deal 

TE - Tyler Kroft - 2 Year Deal 

Edge - Kyle Phillips - 2 Year Deal 

OT - Morgan Moses - 3 Year Deal 

Free Agency:

S - Tyrann Mathieu [Chiefs] - 3 Year Deal [Leader & All Gas Mentality, Adds Veteran Stability in Secondary, Locker Room Favorite] 

WR - Allen Robinson [Bears] - 3 Year Deal [Due to Lack of Production, Shouldn't Have to Overpay, Still Convinced Robinson Can Be Top 25 WR in NFL] 

TE - Gerald Everette [Seahawks] - 2 Year Deal [2017 2nd Round Pick, Yet to Live Out Full Potential, Weak Volume in Targets in Seattle, Could Get at $5-$6m Per Year] 

CB - Sidney Jones [Seahawks] - 1 Year Deal [Fits Scheme, Drafted by Eagles + Joe Douglas 2nd Round 2017, Fell Due to Injury, Low Cost + High Reward] 

Edge - Arden Key [49ers] - 1 Year Deal [Fits Scheme, 2018 3rd Round Pick Has Yet to Fulfill Potential, Coming Off 6.5 Sack Season, Prove It Deal] 

Draft: 

1 (4) - Edge - Kayvon Thibodeux

1 (10) - CB - Ahmad Gardner 

2 (35) - TE - Trey McBride

2 (38) -  OL - Kenyon Green 

3 (69) - WR - Alec Pierce 

4 (102) - RB - Dameon Pierce 

4 (108) - LB - James Skalski 

5 (131) - OL - Logan Bruss 

Not too upset at many of thee moves but there is zero reason to keep Joe Flacco around.  He is no good, he is a vastly different type of QB than Wilson and he has shown me nothing to suggest he is a good mentor.

I'd be pretty shocked if we select thibs but you never know.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, mattyb143224 said:

Resign: 

Free Agency:

S - Tyrann Mathieu [Chiefs] - 3 Year Deal [Leader & All Gas Mentality, Adds Veteran Stability in Secondary, Locker Room Favorite] 

WR - Allen Robinson [Bears] - 3 Year Deal [Due to Lack of Production, Shouldn't Have to Overpay, Still Convinced Robinson Can Be Top 25 WR in NFL] 

TE - Gerald Everette [Seahawks] - 2 Year Deal [2017 2nd Round Pick, Yet to Live Out Full Potential, Weak Volume in Targets in Seattle, Could Get at $5-$6m Per Year] 

CB - Sidney Jones [Seahawks] - 1 Year Deal [Fits Scheme, Drafted by Eagles + Joe Douglas 2nd Round 2017, Fell Due to Injury, Low Cost + High Reward] 

Edge - Arden Key [49ers] - 1 Year Deal [Fits Scheme, 2018 3rd Round Pick Has Yet to Fulfill Potential, Coming Off 6.5 Sack Season, Prove It Deal] 

Draft: 

Douglas's man-crush for Flacco is one of the worst-kept secrets, so yeah anyone here can see this one, if Flacco's agreeable.

I don't think they're bringing Moses back. He's about 2x more $ than I expect Douglas wants to spend on a backup RT, even with obvious concerns regarding Becton. IMO Douglas is looking for a just-in-case starter, not a this-IS-the-starter addition. That plus there hasn't been so much as a hint of a leak that the team's been interested in re-upping him. I'd be ok with it, since we don't need a starter, but the truth is this isn't exactly an ideal scheme fit for him.

I do think he'll go after LDT, hoping to nab him at GVR/Feeney money (~$3.5MM) - even if that means guaranteeing a second season if the player wants - and then seek to draft his replacement on day 2. That this hasn't happened yet suggests LDT believes he can do better.

Kroft sucks, so sure he'll get a 2-year deal from the Jets lol. Wouldn't surprise me but there's no rush for Kroft to sign what should be only a TE3 contract with nothing guaranteed, since that's what he's worth. Also pick up another veteran (you have Everett above) and then they draft someone to round out their trio without forcing the pick in case some non-TE surprisingly drops and is too good to pass up on. Possible, but doubt we see them drafting 2 TEs in the same season unless one of them is either a pure pass blocking TE or is a FB hybrid. 

Your FAs are reasonable targets for Douglas. Whether they'll all happen - or pan out - are separate discussions, but none of these would surprise me. 

Given Saleh's comments I think Thibodeux might not be on the Jets' priority list at #4. More likely they trade down, but the last thing they'll want is a guy with a questionable motor who makes career decisions so blatantly, already at his age. Of course if we pass on him he'll have 12 sacks as a rookie or something lol.

Thing that's sticking out for me is not addressing LB at all in FA and then further holding off on it until their 7th draft pick. It'd surprise me if it plays out that way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Not too upset at many of thee moves but there is zero reason to keep Joe Flacco around.  He is no good, he is a vastly different type of QB than Wilson and he has shown me nothing to suggest he is a good mentor.
I'd be pretty shocked if we select thibs but you never know.

He’s the least threatening to Zach because he’s so much older and has no potential to be the future QB so he doesn’t cause controversy. The Jets aren’t interested in fielding the best QB they’re interested in fielding Zach Wilson, and they want to do everything to make sure the narrative remains that Zach actually is the best QB. With Flacco it’s at least debatable, if they bring in anyone better it threatens that narrative.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mattyb143224 said:

Resign: 

Free Agency:

Draft: 

Thanks for the effort but I utterly hate almost everything about this. Passionately.

• Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

He’s the least threatening to Zach because he’s so much older and has no potential to be the future QB so he doesn’t cause controversy. The Jets aren’t interested in fielding the best QB they’re interested in fielding Zach Wilson, and they want to do everything to make sure the narrative remains that Zach actually is the best QB. With Flacco it’s at least debatable, if they bring in anyone better it threatens that narrative.

Glad to see you haven't lost your touch !!!  The fact that Tom Shane upvotes you says it all lol...

• Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Which is a mind numbingly stupid reason to have the worst Backup qb possible.

1)  Starter gets hurt the season is over, when in reality often that is NOT the case and at times stars are born that way,

1) Zac Wilson going into his final season of college had to compete for the starters job after being the starter the previous year.  It's actually good if a guy gets pushed.  And if the starter rolls into a ball and cry's if pushed you know he was nothing int he first place.

We've seen this idiotic procedure before with Sanchez and Brunnel.