Cooper Trade Talks heating up

23 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I'm not really on the Amari bandwagon...but for a 4th...or even a 3rd I don't see how you say no to that.

I still don't think we are even interested in him though.

Absolutely, you do it for a 3rd.    The problem is money.  The Jets could take on the contract.  GVR and Rankins alone make up half the money.

This alleviates The Jets from having to draft an early round receiver, and they can draft for BPA at a need.  I would be good going to war with Davis,  Moore and Cooper as the top 3.  Bring back Cole on the cheap and draft Melton as Berrios replacement.

• Upvote 1

Jets have enough cap space to eat up the contract pretty seamlessly. Even if they don't end up trading for him I want to know that JD tried. It would suck if he just sat back and didn't even think about it

• Upvote 1

I was ready to trade one of our 2nd’s for Cooper a couple of weeks ago.

I’d gladly trade our 3rd rounder

I don’t give two wet sh*ts if he’s not an “elite” #1. He’s still only 27, is good for around 1,100 yards and 6-8 TD’s a year and is still one of the best route runners in the league.

Why so many are against this is beyond me.

JD is a dickhole if he isn’t in on this. Unless you trade for a dude like Cooper, you damn near have to take Garrett Wilson at #10 if you’re actually serious about improving Zach’s supporting cast. And with the Calvin Ridley news, I’m not convinced that Atlanta wouldn’t take him before then.

No way in hell we should be relying on some 2nd or 3rd round rookie to round out the receiving corps.

If that’s JD’s grand plan to improve the offense around Wilson, then he should’ve been fired headfirst out the window yesterday.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I was ready to trade one of our 2nd’s for Cooper a couple of weeks ago.

I’d gladly trade our 3rd rounder

I don’t give two wet sh*ts if he’s not an “elite” #1. He’s still only 27, is good for around 1,100 yards and 6-8 TD’s a year and is still one of the best route runners in the league.

Why so many are against this is beyond me.

JD is a dickhole if he isn’t in on this. Unless you trade for a dude like Cooper, you damn near have to take Garrett Wilson at #10 if you’re actually serious about improving Zach’s supporting cast. And with the Calvin Ridley news, I’m not convinced that Atlanta wouldn’t take him before then.

No way in hell we should be relying on some 2nd or 3rd round rookie to round out the receiving corps.

If that’s JD’s grand plan to improve the offense around Wilson, then he should’ve been fired headfirst out the window yesterday.

IF he is on is game, has two out of his 6 years where he has been poor to flat out bad for a top end wr.  I'm very leery of this player being able to be really good for a sting of years.

• Upvote 1