Cooper Trade Talks heating up

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And look whos pulling the deal.  One of the dumbest franchises in the league.  And most wanted Joe D to do it.  Hahahaha.

How many games do you have us winning in Douglas’s 3rd year?  Where will we finish in the AFCE?

• Upvote 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

For a 5th and a 6th.  Joe D must not have wanted Cooper as much as the fans.

Yup.  Disappointed we didn't want to beat that.  Curious to see what Douglas has planned for the WR room.  I thnk Cooper would have been a nice add, but we will see what else plays out.

1 minute ago, usanyj said:

If the details are true, they got a 6th with him, so really they just have up a 5th. 

depressing start

Depressing to jet fans who want to recklessly spend this offseason, win 11 games and then be in cap hell and suck for the next decade.

Great for jet fans who realize building through the draft is going to take some time but build us into a perennial super bowl contender by 2023.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

1 hour ago, doitny said:

true but if you really want him we have to make them an offer they cant refuse.

i just feel like with all things being equal Dallas wont care much if the 3rd or 4th rd pick is better by 6 or 8 slots. they might just do right by Cooper and send him to a better team. but now if our pick is one rd higher than everybody Elses that's a different story. 

like if Denver wants him and gives up there 3rd (75) and we offer ours at 69 im not sure if that will make much difference. but counter that by offering 38 vs 75 then he becomes a Jet. 

i dont want to give up any of our 2nd rd picks either, and im not sure i want him but if we do we might have to offer much more than anyone else.

That’s a recipe for disaster.  I can understand doing it in FA but we can get a good player on a rookie deal at 35 or 38.  4th rounders are much more if a crapshoot and if that’s the price for cooper then that’s fine.  But overpaying is not good asset management or smart