Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Where did I say he was an alpha playmaker? You watch football but you can't even read my post.

Bro you compared Corey Davis to Cooper Kupp, Tyriek Hill and Keenan Allan, maybe I’m the one all over the place? 

I apologize, no biggie ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

33 minutes ago, football guy said:

I'm not crazy about this either. As good as he is, he's missed so many games over the past 4 seasons. 

I haven't gotten word from a team source yet, but reading the tea leaves this is why they want Scherff: 

• Joe Douglas loves the player. He's been hoping to get this opportunity for 3 offseasons now. 
  • Scherff is a great fit for the offense and a difference-maker when on the field. 
  • The desire to add more edgy/nasty guys up front is real, and Scherff provides that.
  • They are comfortable with their scheme/depth they are building in the event any of their OL get hurt. 
  • Puts less pressure on the team to draft an OL with #4 or #10, but still can. 

Understandable

10 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

He has 3 total season with stats that were not great and two that were good. It's pretty even on good/bad if you throw out his poor rookie season. Also, 2020 was an aberration for him. It's the only season of his that could be considered great. I could see how someone would think he had finally arrived, but regression back to the mean seems just as likely. 

But it was also the only year he had a full season with a competent QB. 

1 minute ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

But Douglas aint willing to go the extra mile to get a the player he wants to so SOJ rinse and repeat.

He needs to keep CAP room because a deal might come up ?

There is also a chance I hit the lotto tonight when I go grocery shopping 

• Haha 1