Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  He is.

Over the past 3 years he's averaged over 1000 yards a season - and is 27.

They weren’t paying him 20 mill per for the next 2-3 years. It would of killed their other moves. I’ll take the players they assembled over Cooper & less than half of the players they assembled.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They weren’t paying him 20 mill per for the next 2-3 years. It would of killed their other moves. I’ll take the players they assembled over Cooper & less than half of the players they assembled.

4 Jacob martins don’t add up too von miller

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I understand what you're saying - but I disagree.  

There are ways to carry over cap space.  Yes, this FA class would look a bit different for sure - but there were ways to fill the holes in other ways.

I'm not saying it's the end of the world, but we need good WR's.  Right now we don't have any.  Moore might end up being one - and whoever we take at 10 might end up being one..

But big risk rolling with the same WR group as last year.

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I understand what you're saying - but I disagree.  

There are ways to carry over cap space.  Yes, this FA class would look a bit different for sure - but there were ways to fill the holes in other ways.

I'm not saying it's the end of the world, but we need good WR's.  Right now we don't have any.  Moore might end up being one - and whoever we take at 10 might end up being one..

But big risk rolling with the same WR group as last year.

I don’t think Joe Douglas is done yet. I’d expect a WR in free agency still, even if it’s not a top guy. A better version of the Keelan Cole signing, maybe? The draft is the place to find WRs, though. Find the guy who’ll be commanding $25M/year down the road for $5M/year now. 

And with the additions at TE, the WR need isn’t nearly as great. They didn’t have real receiving options at TE last year, now they have a couple. Sure, we lost Crowder, but I can definitely see LaFluer putting one of these TEs in the slot, and Berrios ain’t too bad, either. And rookie WRs don’t take as long to develop in the NFL as they used to with all these wide open offenses in college nowadays. TEs still do, making that the wise investment in free agency, especially because they come relatively cheap. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, yvj said:

Disingenuous statement. The Jets are missing one guy at a position but multiple guys at multiple positions. 

There’s always a way. You can restructure bonuses, so many ways. It’s an illusion that trading for cooper automatically reduces acces to superstars like uzomah and that safety whatever his name is lol 

35 minutes ago, section314 said:

To be fair, doesn’t seem like the rest of the league is looking at him either.

I'm assuming what him and his agents thought he would be receiving in offers is far different than what is being offered.

I'd say the play for Robinson/Agents is to let the free agency pool drain until its barren and you get two desperate teams that need WR depth to bid a bit higher or an additional year in contract than what is being currently offered.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Jetty said:

Our OL is still shaky. Becton is injury prone  and looked like he regressed during preseason. McGovern is ok but nothing special. I think we still need to solidify the OL.

NO! BADASS OLINE CAUSES OTHER TEAMS TO OVERSPEND IN A PANIC.  PERIOD.

10 minutes ago, hawk said:

I think the Kirk deal screwed things up, how many WR have been signed?

Absolutely...it only takes one dope to totally throw the market out of whack. If that was for Kupp, Adams, Hopkins, it would make sense, but for that type of player, just irresponsible. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

I hope it's true. He's got enough powder in the keg to make it happen. Come on Joe Douglas and push all your chips into the center of the table and bet on Zach Wilson.

The Ridley situation is really a shame, because it sounds like we would have made a big run at him 

I just wonder if there are other legit WRs are out there who can be had in a trade. 

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The Ridley situation is really a shame, because it sounds like we would have made a big run at him 

I just wonder if there are other legit WRs are out there who can be had in a trade. 

Good wrs are hard to get and usually protected by their teams.  I would be surprised if the jets land a quality wr in a trade before the draft.  I also question if they will love one enough to take him at 10.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Good wrs are hard to get and usually protected by their teams.  I would be surprised if the jets land a quality wr in a trade before the draft.  I also question if they will love one enough to take him at 10.

You could be right, but there are good WRs all over the league and the Jets need to figure out a way to get another one. 

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

@football guy

Anyone left in free agency you think the Jets will consider signing?

I don’t expect much. Maybe scoop up more depth guys such as a RB (Penny? Mack?) that falls through the cracks, a LB, an interior DL, backup WR, etc. but not expecting any splashes. 

I do expect them to attack the trade market. People mentioning Danielle Hunter, but I wouldn’t rule out an interior DL; Grady Jarrett and Fletcher Cox are names that have been out there in the media. Could also see them trying to get a proven WR if anyone is willing to trade theirs

• Upvote 3