Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

5 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Why cant the jets be in on this?  Doesn't woods fit the shanahan system?

Cause he’s 40. 

there’s a clear theme that seems to elude many of you; Woods, Adams, Robinson, Cooper. Older guys with or without big contracts etc. not gonna happen.

what do Williams, Ridley, Jeudy, Brown etc have in common. Young and rookie contracts. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Someone might be able to correct me or point me to another year, but this year seems like the craziest free agency period in the NFL I have ever seen: Teams making moves, the money being thrown around, not to mention the outrageous money being paid to some, the QB carousel, how divisions and conferences are changing/strengthening, players making independent moves,  etc. 

FA has always been a time when I check online or ESPN/NFL Network a couple times a week. This year, I can't check up on the latest news often enough.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Someone might be able to correct me or point me to another year, but this year seems like the craziest free agency period in the NFL I have ever seen: Teams making moves, the money being thrown around, not to mention the outrageous money being paid to some, the QB carousel, how divisions and conferences are changing/strengthening, players making independent moves,  etc. 

FA has always been a time when I check online or ESPN/NFL Network a couple times a week. This year, I can't check up on the latest news often enough.

It has been absolutely nuts.  I think the last couple of years with Covid, and the lower cap, have had a big impact.  This year, teams have money to spend and are able to operate more normally - so they have gone on a major splurge, certainly way more active than the last couple of years.

The movement of QBs is quite unprecedented - I can't recall any offseason where there has been so much action around the QB position.

• Upvote 2

One note that is important with respect to Woods. The Ringer did a great piece on the similarity between Shanahan and McVays offenses with the biggest point being that McKay didn’t have great TEs with the Rams so he had to tweak the running game to play more 3 WR sets. He was able to do that because woods is such a good blocker and he was an integral part of what the Rams did in the running game. 

Although we are going to clearly feature more 2 TE sets with the signing of CJ and Conklin but Woods could be a fit to allow the team to run well out of 3 WR sets. 

My guess is he gets dealt for a 4th. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Drums said:

This lady starts off all of her tweets "On the phone with..." What, she has all these dudes on speed dial or something?? 

She used to get some scoops this way before the NFL (via NFLN) simply started routing all their stories through Schefter and Rapoport. Now it’s just kinda sad. 

21 minutes ago, BCJet said:

One note that is important with respect to Woods. The Ringer did a great piece on the similarity between Shanahan and McVays offenses with the biggest point being that McKay didn’t have great TEs with the Rams so he had to tweak the running game to play more 3 WR sets. He was able to do that because woods is such a good blocker and he was an integral part of what the Rams did in the running game. 

Although we are going to clearly feature more 2 TE sets with the signing of CJ and Conklin but Woods could be a fit to allow the team to run well out of 3 WR sets. 

My guess is he gets dealt for a 4th. 

Woods would be a dynamite pickup

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

Woods would be a dynamite pickup

Couldn’t agree more. 

Excellent veteran player with a pro mentality who excels as a receiver and a blocker. Cash and cap hit in 2022 is minimal, 2023 looks like he has a big cap hit but after that you can basically get out of the remaining years for nothing. Also has experience in this offense. 

Would be a home run signing 

Woods is probably the lesser exciting candidates of all the names that have been thrown around, but he is very good and his cap is is tiny compared to some of these other WRs. He’d also probably only net a 4th or 5th.

I think I would still want to be looking at WR in round 1 and 2 if we made this trade

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Time to go off of on JD and how he has no idea what he's doing.

Actually I'm quite pleased with the way Free Agency version 2022 has gone for the Jets. As far as I'm concerned Joe Douglas can fold his hand, cash in his chips and head home right now. He addressed every major hole the team has with the exception of Wide Receiver. And the Jets can get one of those in the draft. Either Olave or London would suit me.