Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I would have guessed we were saving cap for Jones.  Now that he's gone, Hunter is the only big name out there I can think of.  But the odd thing is if we trade for Hunter, is Edge still on the table this draft in the 1st round?  If not, who the heck do we pick?

Garrett Wilson and the munstah from Georgia. That defensive line would be terrifying.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

Sounds like panthers are also out on Watson. Down to saints and falcons I think 

I saw some random fantasy football account yesterday that said Watson to the Saints is a done deal. Usually I don't take the source seriously but the confidence was undeniable! No way they'd be able to walk it back.

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Sounds like panthers are also out on Watson. Down to saints and falcons I think 

It's funny, I would have never guessed either team would be a serious threat. 

Cleveland has a better roster than either team and I think going to the Saints immediately after Payton retires is a strange move. 

7 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

THE YEAR WAS 2012.

THE JETS WERE COMING OFF A DISAPPOINTING SEASON AND THE THIRD YEAR QB HAD FAILED TO MEET EXPECTATIONS, CASTING DOUBT IF HE WOULD EVER TAKE THE NEXT STEP.

THE COLTS WERE IN POSITION TO DRAFT ANDREW LUCK, AND PEYTON MANNING WOULD BE FREE TO EXPLORE NEW HORIZONS.

INTREPID, MIKE TANNENBAUM SOUGHT OUT THE 4-TIME SUPERBOWL MVP, BUT HE, AS HE DID ONCE BEFORE, REBUFFED THE JETS.

RETURNING HOME, MIKE TANNENBAUM OFFERS, AS AN APOLOGY FOR HIS WAYWARD EYE, A 40 MILLION DOLLAR EXTENSION TO THE WOULD-BE JILTED MARK SANCHEZ.

PEYTON GOES ON TO WIN A SUPER BOWL IN DENVER AND MARK SANCHEZ BUTTFUMBLES HIS WAY TO RUINING THANKSGIVING FOR ALL OF US.

I would think they're not idiots like we were and do that. Only the Jets can pull off that kind of special. 

42 minutes ago, football guy said:

A lot. They have plenty of room to add a big contract + their draft class. 

Atlanta has been trying to get an extension done with Grady Jarrett but it’s gone nowhere. That intrigues me the most right now 

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not sure, but based on this comment from Hughes, sounds like we still have room for more moves.

A trade & sign for DK Metcalf or Grady Jarrett... or a move for Danielle Hunter?

• They can't want Hunter right? Already got paid and hasn't been healthy in two years

What other big $ move makes sense?

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

I think it's gonna be a WR and if I had to guess, here are the guys that could be in play, IMO (let me just say that I don't know sh*t about some of their contracts so cross out the ones that make no sense because of that):

Chase Claypool
Tyler Boyd
Marquise Brown
Brandin Cooks
Adam Thielen

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

A trade & sign for DK Metcalf or Grady Jarrett... or a move for Danielle Hunter?

• They can't want Hunter right? Already got paid and hasn't been healthy in two years

What other big $ move makes sense?

Allen Robinson? Not sure what WR might be available in trade.  We have not added any WR -- have to assume we will add a vet or two at some point prior to the draft.

8 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Some fans don't realize how good they have it. Going from Drew Brees or Matt Ryan to Deshaun Watson. Must be nice.

We went from Kellen Clemens to Mark Sanchez to Geno Smith to Ryan Fitzpatrick to Josh McCown to Sam Darnold....lets not be ungrateful here.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I think it's gonna be a WR and if I had to guess, here are the guys that could be in play, IMO (let me just say that I don't know sh*t about some of their contracts so cross out the ones that make no sense because of that):

Brandin Cooks

I want this so badly for us, @T0mShane we could finally bury the hatchet.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

This may be crazy, but I'm coming around to the idea of potentially bringing in Allen Robinson and drafting Jamison Williams.  Robinson gives us the flexibility and time to wait on the guy who's supposed to be the top WR in the class.

100% this doesn't happen, but I'd take it.

I am not at all mad if this happens. Not even a little bit.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

This may be crazy, but I'm coming around to the idea of potentially bringing in Allen Robinson and drafting Jamison Williams.  Robinson gives us the flexibility and time to wait on the guy who's supposed to be the top WR in the class.

If the Jets think Williams is the best WR in the draft, this is honestly what they should try to do. 

No guarantee that Robinson would want to come here, of course. 

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Allen Robinson? Not sure what WR might be available in trade.  We have not added any WR -- have to assume we will add a vet or two at some point prior to the draft.

I guess? He's an X, and that's exactly what we need.

but ehh, why isn't he signed?

• priced himself too high?
  • teams worried about last year?
  • is he just waiting to see where his best opportunity is (Deshaun signs with the Falcons, he follows?) 

Just speculating wildly here, as is tradition, but I don't understand his situation and I wonder if he's more of a backup plan for most teams. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Oooohhhh....that's nice.  I hadn't considered that, but it would definitely be a good way to go.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

If the Jets think Williams is the best WR in the draft, this is honestly what they should try to do. 

No guarantee that Robinson would want to come here, of course. 

I doubt they’re taking a wr with a torn acl.  I think they go one of two directions.  One, they take their favorite wr at 10 and move on.  Two, they go OL or DL at 10 and figure the wr they get in the 2nd won’t be much different from the guy they’d get at 10.

• Upvote 1