Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

So Watson probably ends up in ATL.  That's a nice quiet place in the NFL, far away from the Jets.

Wonder how that'd effect the draft.  Houston gets the #8 pick from ATL, in a perfect world that would encourage them to go Hamilton or Neal/Ekwonu at #3 overall thinking they could get an Edge later at 8 with Karlaftis, Ojabo, or Jermaine Johnson.  I dunno.  Also would prevent the Falcons from taking a receiver at 8.  Could work out for us. 

14 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Sign this man! Let Becton prove himself, if not extend Fant and we're set at tackles for a few years.

Becton proves himself and don't extend Fant past this year and we have great tackle depth for a year and we're set with Collins and Becton moving forward.

Especially after letting Moses slip away !!!

5 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Especially after letting Moses slip away !!!

to be clear i dont think we let him slip away he just would cost too much for us to sign him. He already played at discount for us, wasnt going to happen again. He took the Ravens deal cause its the ravens. We offer than money he turns us down every day of the week. 

Just now, Shockwave said:

I would watch this one very closely. 

I love him as a player and there was rumors of us wanting to trade for him a few years ago. 

Douglas is a fan of La'el as well...  just wondering where he fits, and if that money could be spent elsewhere... have to figure Cincy and NE will be in on him as well?

4 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

Douglas is a fan of La'el as well...  just wondering where he fits, and if that money could be spent elsewhere... have to figure Cincy and NE will be in on him as well?

I don't see it.

Fant has proven he's a starter, Collins is a starter, with the addition of Tomlinson, we have two starters inside.  What do you do about the 3rd year player who was a 1st round pick?  Almost think you'd have to trade him, no?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

He's been right on everything so far.

Something must be brewing.  

This sounds like a big trade with big money involved...

My two cents.....Gonna get Collins from Dallas to play RT. Then going to decide who they really want more, Fant or Becton, and then trade the other.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I don't see it.

Fant has proven he's a starter, Collins is a starter, with the addition of Tomlinson, we have two starters inside.  What do you do about the 3rd year player who was a 1st round pick?  Almost think you'd have to trade him, no?

jets were 1 of the 3 teams named to be talking with Dallas about a trade this week

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It's funny, I would have never guessed either team would be a serious threat. 

Cleveland has a better roster than either team and I think going to the Saints immediately after Payton retires is a strange move. 

Cleveland at home in the Winter, or Dome Team?  Hmmmmmmmm.  Watson cares about himself, that is obvious.  Stats would definitely suffer with a game or two in sh*t weather.  JMO.

9 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I don't see it.

Schrodingers Becton. He's simultaneously a promising tackle and not a player you can count on which makes our roster plans frustrating unless they pick a side and open the box.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why?  He's a pretty good player still.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/15349/cole-beasley

image.png.9e0dd342101eccc164bc46e547701a65.png

How many Smurf sized receivers do we need We have the same player in Berrios and Moore. Moore is better than Beasley now and has untapped talent & potential who hopefully becomes our version of Tyreek Hill.  Plus Beasley strikes me as a complete and total douche bag 

17 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Then in my view, they're ready to move on from Becton.

Would prefer that over drafting another tackle top 10.

Collins can start immediately.

And as frustrating as it is to watch GM's miss picks, I respect those that are quick about admitting them and moving on. 

Ship off Becton and be happy to get a day 2 pick in return. 

• Upvote 3