Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

Jetlife33

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Something tells me we end up with chark. 25 years old, coming off injury but is an ascending player. Probably cheaper than Arob, Kirk, obj. 

If they do, I hope he's better than the last JAG receiver we signed. 

49 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

This is a dumb take, IMO.  If he is released he will cost more than $10 Million per.  Trade 3rd or 4th round pick, because you sure as hell are not getting a sure fire player there, or more so than an established / accomplished player in his prime. 

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Bottom line - If you really want a Tier 1/2 WR you'd better either draft him or trade for him.  Otherwise you get Breshad Perriman, Chris Hogan, Corey Davis types.... just underwhelming.

What do you think the price tag will now be on a guy like Allen Robinson?

For crying outloud, Christian Kirk is going to make bank this week!

Seems like almost no doubt that we'll be looking back and saying, "Wow, $20M for Amari Cooper was kind of a bargain."

UImmm. No on Cooper. If he was a bargain, why didn't Dallas keep him?  Players hit free agency for a reason.  Cooper has been a disappointment and he does not run block.  He supposedly dogged it, which is why Dallas traded him.  Jets fans can't wait to get rid of Becton (who is young and cheap), but are fine bringing in a lazy expensive veteran like   Cooper because he has name recognition.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Brady’s back, I give up 

This is a surprise?  He wanted the attention, he got it, and now he unretires.  Been done before by others, he will do it again at the end of the 2023 as well.  

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

UImmm. No on Cooper. If he was a bargain, why didn't Dallas keep him?  Players hit free agency for a reason.  Cooper has been a disappointment and he does not run block.  He supposedly dogged it, which is why Dallas traded him.  Jets fans can't wait to get rid of Becton (who is young and cheap), but are fine bringing in a lazy expensive veteran like   Cooper because he has name recognition.  

Yeah, 865 yds and 8 TDs, super lazy.  Almost 4K yards and 27 TDs in 3.5 seasons with Dallas but why would we want that kinda talent on the jets?  Much rather would have Corey davis and Braxton Berrios out there, with Keelan Cole and Vincent or Jeff smith as depth. Sounds great.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, hawk said:

Well if it comes down to money alone, we should have our new WR tomorrow.  

4 years $64 Million with $30 Million guaranteed (Hopefully that extra push to play in NY.)  A base salary of $2 Million and signing bonus of $12 Million and a roster bonus of $8 Million.  Will make his cap hit $13 Million in year one, and $22 Million year 1 with $20 Million at signing.   

4 years 64 million (30 million guaranteed) for a guy who can’t separate anymore, has been hurt, and is a bad fit for the Jets offense.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Something tells me we end up with chark. 25 years old, coming off injury but is an ascending player. Probably cheaper than Arob, Kirk, obj. 

I could see 3yr 39mil something like that. I just hate the idea of signing more injured players especially with how injured this team has been in recent years 

28 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Yeah, 865 yds and 8 TDs, super lazy.  Almost 4K yards and 27 TDs in 3.5 seasons with Dallas but why would we want that kinda talent on the jets?  Much rather would have Corey davis and Braxton Berrios out there, with Keelan Cole and Vincent or Jeff smith as depth. Sounds great.

Read this and watch the video and see if you want this guy on the Jets.  He comes up small in big spots and always has.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-trade-amari-cooper-dak-prescott-cleveland-browns-quit#gid=ci029b562990002436&pid=amari-schultz-

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Avoiding Amari Cooper because he makes 20 million dollars per year to pay a Safety 15+ million dollars per year, a few years after trading a Safety for 2 firsts, is the equivalent of sh*tting your pants to get out of going to a doctors appointment.

If Jets fans are still angry about Kerry Rhodes’ lack of physicality, wait until they experience Marcus Williams.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Bottom line - If you really want a Tier 1/2 WR you'd better either draft him or trade for him.  Otherwise you get Breshad Perriman, Chris Hogan, Corey Davis types.... just underwhelming.

What do you think the price tag will now be on a guy like Allen Robinson?

For crying outloud, Christian Kirk is going to make bank this week!

Seems like almost no doubt that we'll be looking back and saying, "Wow, $20M for Amari Cooper was kind of a bargain."

This

and people said I was overreacting but this is reality 

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Avoiding Amari Cooper because he makes 20 million dollars per year to pay a Safety 15+ million dollars per year, a few years after trading a Safety for 2 firsts, is the equivalent of sh*tting your pants to get out of going to a doctors appointment.

I’m sure the dollars will get too high for the Jets.