Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

Jetlife33

1 minute ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Looks like a reasonable deal for the Rams.  I'd have liked the Jets to make that signing, at that price.

Of course, playing for the SB Champs and catching passes from Stafford may have been a factor in his decision.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Wow, Rams have all the WRs.  Does this mean that Beckham doesn't return?  Robert Woods?

I'd love Woods on the Jets.

I agree. The Jets could use some more Wood to compliment their new tight ends.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

In 2 years the Rams will crash and burn in cap hell and McVay will run to the Monday Night Booth.  The Rams will then suck for a decade or more. Honestly, the Rams Super Bowl is bogus to me.  Thats not impressive.  The way we are doing it is going to be legendary!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

So the cowboys couldn’t find a trade partner for collins, but the jets should trade becton 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

I don't think many (or any) are advocating trading Becton, but are just supposing that in the event we land Collins, then trading Becton is the most likely next step.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I don't think many (or any) are advocating trading Becton, but are just supposing that in the event we land Collins, then trading Becton is the most likely next step.

If we were to sign Collins, trade Becton to say Cincy for their 1st, and extended Fant I’d advocate for that

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, section314 said:

I think you could make an argument both ways. It all depends on what is really going on between Becton and the staff, and not the stuff we all here and discuss on this board. If they are good with him, I don't see him going.

I really don't see how you can make it both ways.  You know what you're getting in Fant.  He won't be the best in the league and somewhat deficient against the run, but a solid, professional LT.  And, we absolutely need a solid, professional LT next season.  On the other hand, of course Becton's upside his higher, but his downside is drinking milkshakes on IR.  As for the staff, have you heard Saleh speak on Becton.  Words aside, the tone and body language is of someone who's disappointed and essentially done with him.  I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but I feel confident enough in what I have heard, to suggest that Becton's got a long way to go to earn the coaching staff's trust.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Arob to the rams , super busy at work trying my best ! 

legitimately curious what you do, and how you've managed to have the time to lead us through these few days.

11 minutes ago, ManCave Analyst said:

WR A. Robison has agreed to sign with the Rams 3 years and $46.5 million.
We don’t entertain LB Myles Jack because he can tackle. And now a receiver who can catch and help a young QB.
But we did resign OL Denny who doesn’t really block and DL Sherwood who won’t and can’t Tackle.
My…My…My

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The point is there would be no market. 

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

In 2 years the Rams will crash and burn in cap hell and McVay will run to the Monday Night Booth.  The Rams will then suck for a decade or more. Honestly, the Rams Super Bowl is bogus to me.  Thats not impressive.  The way we are doing it is going to be legendary!

Eighties GIF - Find on GIFER

19 minutes ago, ManCave Analyst said:

WR A. Robison has agreed to sign with the Rams 3 years and $46.5 million.
We don’t entertain LB Myles Jack because he can tackle. And now a receiver who can catch and help a young QB.
But we did resign OL Denny who doesn’t really block and DL Sherwood who won’t and can’t Tackle.
My…My…My

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

I agree, total BS that we haven’t signed every FA with a recognizable name. Outrageous 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If we were to sign Collins, trade Becton to say Cincy for their 1st, and extended Fant I’d advocate for that

I've still got some hopes that Becton can be a dominant tackle for us, but getting a 1st for him right now -- even a low one -- ain't too shabby. Maybe then we use one of our 1sts on a OT.

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

The point is there would be no market. 

Eh, Becton would be on a cheap rookie contract. I imagine the hang-up on a Collins trade was his cap hit. What was it again?