Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

21 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Isn’t that where all this craziness started?

No - that was when Kyle pitts tweeted a message that it’s about to be lit in ATL with other emoji’s then the post was removed about 2 min later

pitts and watson share an agent I believe 

• Upvote 1

I have been pretty excited with Joe D had done the past couple years, and again this off-season this far, however, I can not understand not pursuing Robinson.  

I understand that Robinson may have chosen to go to LA on his own.  I think we would have had to over pay a bit, but he would have been the .out accomplished receiver the Jets would have had in some time.  He is not a Premadonna nor does he seem to have any issues off the field or on.  

I am disappointed, I honestly thought he was on the radar.  

Not that it matters what I think. but I certainly felt he provided as close to a sure fire benefit to Wilson as anyone, and would fit the culture it appears JD is trying to build.  

Such is life.

8 minutes ago, hawk said:

I have been pretty excited with Joe D had done the past couple years, and again this off-season this far, however, I can not understand not pursuing Robinson.  

I understand that Robinson may have chosen to go to LA on his own.  I think we would have had to over pay a bit, but he would have been the .out accomplished receiver the Jets would have had in some time.  He is not a Premadonna nor does he seem to have any issues off the field or on.  

Not that it matters what I think. but I certainly felt he provided as close to a sure fire benefit to Wilson as anyone, and would fit the culture it appears JD is trying to build.  

Such is life.

Maybe he thinks he got his Allen Robinson last year in Corey Davis

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, hawk said:

Such is life.

We will be drafting a pass catcher early in the draft.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Aussie Jet said:

We will be drafting a pass catcher early in the draft.

I forgot who it was, but some analyst was talking about why Denzel Mims was so bad last year after showing some promise the year before, and the thought was that the San Fran offense we run doesn’t use tall, vertical receivers because so much of the offense is quick play-action, horizontal sh*t, which was apparent last year. They want a bunch of RBs playing wideout with maybe one guy to go deep every now and again

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, hawk said:

Such is life.

He’s older, oft-injured, and most importantly, an awful fit for our offense.  I’m not upset at all.  I would have actually been more upset had we signed him.

I say this as someone who SCREAMED that we should draft him the year he came out.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Mogglez said:

He’s older, oft-injured, and most importantly, an awful fit for our offense.  I’m not upset at all.  I would have actually been more upset had we signed him.

Didn't he basically go in the tank last year when Fields took over? We spent 2 years getting rid of guys like that around here. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

People are by and large really ignoring that he showed plenty of signs of straight up dogging it last year.

This “he had no QB” bullsh*t doesn’t fly when a 2nd year, 5th round pick like Mooney put up 1,000 yards in the same offense.

And it’s not like Robinson had pro-bowlers chucking him the ball prior to last year, yet he still found a way to produce in the past.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Didn't he basically go in the tank last year when Fields took over? We spent 2 years getting rid of guys like that around here. 

Yes, that too.  Dude didn’t want any part of helping a young QB and, basically, threw in the towel.

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I forgot who it was, but some analyst was talking about why Denzel Mims was so bad last year after showing some promise the year before, and the thought was that the San Fran offense we run doesn’t use tall, vertical receivers because so much of the offense is quick play-action, horizontal sh*t, which was apparent last year. They want a bunch of RBs playing wideout with maybe one guy to go deep every now and again

then they should take wilson at 10 b/c he fits the offense perfectly.  And he has legit deep speed as well.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Untouchable said:

People are by and large really ignoring that he showed plenty of signs of straight up dogging it last year.

This “he had no QB” bullsh*t doesn’t fly when a 2nd year, 5th round pick like Mooney put up 1,000 yards in the same offense.

Yup, @section314 just brought it up.  Straight up Santonio Holmes’d it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

then they should take wilson at 10 b/c he fits the offense perfectly.  And he has legit deep speed as well.

A big reason why I’m hoping that Watson goes to Atlanta is because they’re hands down, far and away the biggest threat to take Wilson before us.

Sure as hell can’t accomplish that if you’re sending away your 1st round picks for the next 2-3 years.

28 minutes ago, hawk said:

Such is life.

pal your talking about the Jets vs the SB champs. your talking about one of the best QBs in the league vs the worst QB last year. we never had a chance. 

now if you are talking the Colts then i would be disappointed.